Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I've had my Samsung 3440x1440 curved VA panel for over a year and I absolutely hold no regrets.

Oh, and I paid $1,200 for it. Again, no regrets. Best damned experience EVER.
    Different strokes for different folks.

well Im sure someone with an UW panel will like it over a 2560x1440 and defend it and vice versa

all the points I named still stand though

3. If I could figure out how to make Skyrim run 21:9... this point is almost moot. Most games can be made to support it. You'd be surprised how many it can be done to and how easily.

Maybe the remastered version will support this? worth keeping an eye out, should be free if you have the original one.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    well Im sure someone with an UW panel will like it over a 2560x1440 and defend it and vice versa

all the points I named still stand though
    Anyone and everyone should like 21:9 over 16:9. First of all, it's more screen real estate, secondly, it actually "fits your eyes" better.

All the points you named still stand as opinions, though. Some are true, some are not, but go on rolling your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Maybe the remastered version will support this? worth keeping an eye out, should be free if you have the original one.
    So you're aware, it's this easy to make Skyrim support 21:9, and basically, just about any resolution.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Anyone and everyone should like 21:9 over 16:9. First of all, it's more screen real estate, secondly, it actually "fits your eyes" better.
    This is a opinion as well, not everyone is going to enjoy 21:9 resolutions. Life binder did have some points.

Anyone and everyone should like 21:9 over 16:9.
    yes, everyone should like the black bars on the sides in all 16:9 content and some games not supporting 21:9 properly

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are all wrong. Clearly the right answer for both of you is to buy a 4K 40".

See how revolutionary it is, you can put horizontal black bars and pretend it's 21:9!
    Obviously not serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, everyone should like the black bars on the sides in all 16:9 content and some games not supporting 21:9 properly
    Because I've not seen plenty, PLENTY of black bars over the span of my entire life on both 4:3 and 16:9/16:10 screens.

21:9 is the true cinematic resolution ratio and has been around since the very beginnings.

Don't act like it hasn't.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliddqvist View Post
    A stock 1070 will be enough for 1440p60fps gaming. Same goes for stock 1080 FE for 4k60FPS @ high/ultra settings. We're finally entering the "4k60FPS eyecandy (max settings) on a single gpu without breaking a bank" era.
    Do you reckon it'll be feasible to buy a 4k monitor with the 1070? It probably won't run games on ultra at 60 fps but it might be fine for medium settings right?

i would not go 4K on a 1070

in fact Im going 1080 for 1440p 144hz

but if Medium settings are ok for you then 4K @ 1070 might work

IMO, if you're going to go 1440p, go 3440x1440 (21:9 aspect ratio) otherwise, go 4k.

2560x1440 just felt very "meh" to me.
    This.

I swapped from 2 x 27 inch monitors to 1x 34 inch ultrawide (Samsung S34E790C) curved.

I was considering 4k, now I don't even think about it anymore. This thing is amazing and I doubt I could ever go back to a 'normal' monitor anymore.

(Deltrus wasn't it in some thread where you discussed this monitor? I think your comments were the reason I got it, lol. Thanks, best purchase in a long while)

EDIT: Your 380 should run most games fine aslong as you don't want to max them..

I have an old ass sucky card (Sapphire Dual-X R9 280x) and am able to run BF4 on medium settings at a steady 60 fps. Only other games I tried were Verdun and Guilld Wars 2 which both ran fine.

Granted, my 280x makes me fear that my PC will lift off my desk because it's fans are going apeshit but it should stress your GPU a bit less I think.
    Last edited by aevitas; 2016-06-18 at 01:21 AM.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    This.

I swapped from 2 x 27 inch monitors to 1x 34 inch ultrawide (Samsung S34E790C) curved.

I was considering 4k, now I don't even think about it anymore. This thing is amazing and I doubt I could ever go back to a 'normal' monitor anymore.

(Deltrus wasn't it in some thread where you discussed this monitor? I think your comments were the reason I got it, lol. Thanks, best purchase in a long while)
    I've discussed it many a time on these forums and likely will for the coming months/years, considering how much flak the style still gets...

Glad you're loving it!
    "A flower.

Is upgrading to 1440p alone that big of a change or do you also have to go for the 144hz refresh rate? I've been on the fence about grabbing a 1440p panel after my next upgrade.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    Is upgrading to 1440p alone that big of a change or do you also have to go for the 144hz refresh rate? I've been on the fence about grabbing a 1440p panel after my next upgrade.
    Some will say going from 1920x1080@60Hz to 2560x1440@60Hz is a great improvement, I don't think so.

I think it should have higher refresh rate, as you asked, or go 21:9 (Ultrawide) like 3440x1440...
    "A flower.

best is going to 1440p 144Hz of course

10+ Year Old Account
    best is going to 1440p 144Hz of course
    Again, opinions.
    "A flower.

its no opinion, 1440p 144Hz is better

the only question is 2560x1440 or 3440x1440 ^^

its no opinion, 1440p 144Hz is better

the only question is 2560x1440 or 3440x1440 ^^
    No, it is an opinion based on personal preference. Some like higher refresh rates and others like higher resolution. Nothing wrong with either.

720p to 1080p is +125% (2.25x) resolution

1080p to 1440p is +77.78% (1.778x) resolution

125/77.78 = 1.6x smaller upgrade.