Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stormrage US is dead inside, if that's what you mean.

Very active though.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Alnilam81 View Post
    Wow. if you think Outland is dead you should try some of the other realms any maybe gain some perspective.
    yeah turalyon and maelstrom blizz still needs to connect more realms badly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by access5 View Post
    You are the most deluded, blinded white knight. Blizzard could murder your entire family and you'd still find a way to make excuses for them. People have nothing to gain from "lying" about their perceived server population. A lot of people in this thread haven't even said that their server is dead, so it seems to me that you're trying to rebut some kind of argument that doesn't even exist.

That is truly a new level of white knight that I had not seen before.
    Nothing to do with whitekniting that I don't want 20000 shitters around me taking all MY rares ores mobs and shit, crowding up MY auctioneers and quest givers.

Last time i saw someone outside a city that wasnt crossed realm from another server was in the jade forest 2 years ago.

my realm has been medium/dead for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Nothing to do with whitekniting that I don't want 20000 shitters around me taking all MY rares ores mobs and shit, crowding up MY auctioneers and quest givers.
    Thats why single player games exist bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuush View Post
    Haha, yeah keep believe in that mate! Its gonna be like the last 2-3 expansions, a solid sub boost for a few months, then back to 0.
    joke is on you when you realise that is their new business model
    make a killing, let it dry, release new content.

Steady slow income flux is a thing of the past

Realm? No. Server? Yes. I actually get excited when I see someone from my server because the cross-realms buried them.

EU realms seem like they are in a very sad state, including mine. My once very active guild only has around 10 people online outside of raiding time, which would then just be about 20 man. Back in WotLK it was normal to see over 50 people online all the time, and we had to make 3 different raid teams. Now we struggle to make 1. It also doesn't help that the Alliance vastly outnumber Horde on my realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Nop, and the starting areas are already having issues with too many people doing the same quests on some areas.
    That's because a dozen servers are CRZ'd together.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Trade chat would disagree with you. If peeps were in their Garrisons... they would be spamming Trade with the regular nonsense. They aren't because you log in for 30 mins to do your "chores" to gather the goldz then log out to play something else... like Overwatch.
    Measuring server activity by trade chat

Tradechat was never busy on our server, even during primetime vanilla/tbc when we had login queues. The trolls who got nothing better to do than type nonsense in trade tend to pick the largest servers in the hope of getting more attention.

Besides since crossrealm the whole point of server activity is moot, like i said, 24 hours per day the group finder is filled with raids, mythic dungeons and other stuff to do and Tanaan is also pretty active during most times of day. What else could you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    EU realms seem like they are in a very sad state, including mine. My once very active guild only has around 10 people online outside of raiding time, which would then just be about 20 man. Back in WotLK it was normal to see over 50 people online all the time, and we had to make 3 different raid teams. Now we struggle to make 1. It also doesn't help that the Alliance vastly outnumber Horde on my realm.
    This has been the same at every summer / end of-expansion-cycle.
    Lots of people are playing beta, lots of people have done everything there is to do in the expansion and take a break till next one, lots of people actually enjoying the nice weather outside.

Just wait for pre-expansion event to see the ranks fill back up and the expansion launch to see numbers pop back up to 10 million.
    Last edited by mmocd1f612b92e; 2016-06-13 at 09:55 PM.

Blackrock is pretty dead
    Casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Even the tumbleweeds don't roll through /2 at this point... just the 2 irlmoney boostservice spambots pinging in the darkness every 60 sec in the thundering silence.
    True fact, the dead servers are kept around so that a tumbleweed generated by /2 can be transferred over to the Overwatch server instances every time McCree does a high noon. There's currently over 7 million people playing Overwatch and if Blizzard started merging WoW servers there wouldn't be enough Tumbleweeds for all the McCree ultimates.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Besides since crossrealm the whole point of server activity is moot, like i said, 24 hours per day the group finder is filled with raids, mythic dungeons and other stuff to do and Tanaan is also pretty active during most times of day. What else could you wish for.

LOL... even WITH crossrealm "visitors" Tanaan is DEAD. The game is limping by atm.. but yes Legion prepatch will help. But I'm not sure it will bump to 10 million anymore.. they insulted too many customers with WoD in general and the "no flying" debacle.

Question I asked in pvp section but thought I would ask in this thread. I am trying to find a US east coast pvp server (looking to play horde) that is very active.

I have played on Shadowsong (as alliance) and Horde on Shadowmoon but both have always been very dead for as long as I can remember. I am about to resub for xpac, I didn't play the last xpac so out of the loop. I have numerous friends waiting for us all to decide which server to pick but having a hard time deciding. Thanks for any advice you can give.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Very hard to distinguish between those 2 states, as you say. No player would tell you "I cannot do better", even if you chose to confront them with evidence from logs or videos. Which is why I never do it directly and always approach these cases over long periods and very diplomatically, the last thing I want is to lose a player.
    They may not say "I can't do better", but they will absolutely say "This isn't nearly rewarding enough for the additional effort I need to put in." Few people want to do extra homework outside of raid hours, when raid hours are already taking up substantial amounts of their online time anyway.

We have experienced players in each class that take pride in helping and coaching others too. After a few tries, they would ask (politely) if you have a certain trinket, if you think a certain set up would be better, that maybe you want to pop your CD at a certain time instead of on pull and other things such as this. We have weakauras set up for all debuffs and all situations that require you to do things out of the ordinary, such as run to a marker and face a direction while avoiding nasty death waves.
    There's a saying "You can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink". Very often people 'just trying to help', massively overwhelm people with new information and start to sound naggy and annoying. Even there, in 3 lines of text you're throwing an awful lot of information at them, from weakauras, to trinket choice, to cooldown timing. You want everything from them over night; that isn't going happen, you need increments otherwise it's totally overwhelming to learn things you probably took a few months over 7 years ago in increments - in the space of a 2 week trial.

And let's be clear, the "he's not showing up the last 3 weeks" happen for a lot of players, not just new recruits. It's just more probable with them.

To be honest, it's pretty tough in a Mythic guild the first weeks if you're not used to jumping guild often. You are behind on strats, behind on execution, behind on DPS and so on, also you are expected to improve and make up and pass your trial. Not everyone deals appropriately with this pressure. Some just can't rise to the occasion, and that is to be expected if they are a newer raider, which in my opinion should get better farming Normal and Heroic for months first, but due to Valor and Ring upgrades they can do a bit of farming, get to 725 and then be ready to jump in the first half of HFC.

So we help them the best we can, but it very rarely works. We don't expect great performance, this is an alt guild, we just expect that people put in their best when they are in the raid and focus for 3-4 hours.

Written way too much about this, as you probably notice this is a pretty depressing subject to me and I blame the realm and Blizzard... because I know for a fact that with a high pop realm I can recruit enough decent players.
    While I can agree it is a realm population issue, as low populations don't offer much space or options to dilute players to their own skill level and just somewhere they're comfortable; very often there's literally one or two options if they want to step up to Mythic raiding and chances of them being a 'fit' are pretty remote. On the other hand, it is a playerbase problem in terms of overly-high expectations. I think that's something reflected in the ilvl requirement inflation you see in pugs, where once you're half way through a tier, people want players to join them with 20 item levels higher than they were asking at the start; then as you get toward the end of the tier you're basically not good enough if you actually need any loot.

Mobs are all there, I'm fine.

Proudmoore is bumping. Always lots going on on the Alliance side. I'm pretty sure Horde doesn't exist here though lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by topkekmate View Post
    I play on Outland-EU (Alliance) which is the highest pop realm in EU and it feels dead.. i can't even imagine medium and low pop servers..
    what about your realm?
    Outland is not dead i play there in my Mage and it is fine, EU-Auchindoun and EU-Shattered Balls servers are dead. Like REAL DEAD. and this is low... i dont even touch " new players relms"

I have 2 chars on alliance side on Twisting nether EU, it is literally dead. Stormshield is just empty, other cities as well. So I started to play on Outland. Character transfer is a bit expensive. Horde side is doing well on Twisiting Nether I guess ...