10+ Year Old Account

Garrison Resources, Now and Legion

I'm at a point where my garrison is largely just doing missions and cracking open salvage crates.

Normally I blow my GR on Barn Orders for blood... But I've been too lazy to farm wolves lately.

Is there anything, anything at all, that generates gold from GR? (Something that doesn't involve much work) Especially with garrison putting out even MORE GR soon.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Depending on the demand for WoD materials come Legion, then the trading post possibly.
    Transmog demand may fuel some market for crafting WoD equipment still.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Garrison resources can be spent only for Missives, Follower rerolls, work orders, naval equipment. You can spend garrison resources for materials ONLY if you have the trading post.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm at a point where my garrison is largely just doing missions and cracking open salvage crates.

Normally I blow my GR on Barn Orders for blood... But I've been too lazy to farm wolves lately.

Is there anything, anything at all, that generates gold from GR? (Something that doesn't involve much work) Especially with garrison putting out even MORE GR soon.
    Trading post NPCs sell sacks w/ gold that cost 50GR/each. Each bag contains ~15g, it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Trading post NPCs sell sacks w/ gold that cost 50GR/each. Each bag contains ~15g, it's not that bad.
    I'm expecting that to get nerfed in Legion, as well as the salvage crates (which, with the pre-patch, new ones will no longer contain gear).

Hexweave bags will probably be good for a long while. Get a trading post and turn garrison resources into sumptuous fur. Get a tailoring hut, and turn fur into cloth. Turn cloth into bags. Very little effort involved. At the very least, you'll get a ton of 30 slot bags for you, your bank, your alts, and your alts banks!

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Depending on your server, it's better to wait and buy sumptuous fur when its 4gr per. Even now, it gets up to 600g a stack.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Depending on your server, it's better to wait and buy sumptuous fur when its 4gr per. Even now, it gets up to 600g a stack.
    It's 0.5-1.25g/ea on my realm.

Hence the "Depending on your server". I personally just buy whatever raw material that's becoming low in stock (at 4-6 GR per material) and buy gold bags with the remaining GR. I might make more by buying loads of trade goods, but then I'd have to potentially relist it, losing the gold deposit each time.

I don't know if bags will be in as high a demand as they are now. They'll always be useful for character bags, allowing you to pick up more shit before you have to vendor it. But for any future characters a bank with Netherweave banks will be more than enough. Almost everything that's in my bank (across all characters) is made up of transmog gear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

I've always traded my resources in for enchanting dust or fish to make raid food. I feel those are the two best ways to use them
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    safe your crates.
    Your gonna want to open them when the wardrobe system is functional

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    safe your crates.
    10,000 crates take up a lot of space

Sacks for 50GR are gone.

safe your crates.
    Why this?

Is there some kind of AV or what?

Not without a time limit, aside from raw mats.

I buy dust and pump it through all my ench huts. Crystals still make a decent sum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    safe your crates.
    Why? Bank the BoP's and just mail the greens to an alt, and just return the mails if they are due to expire (Altoholic addon helps a lot with this process).