Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    This movie is not "The Phantom Menace".
    I love The Phantom Menace. Am I ill?

And for the Warcraft movie - I love it as well, but the lore changes, especially the major ones, really pissed me off.

1. What's the explanation behind Orgrim Doomhammer being from the Frostwolf clan?
    2. Why are there brown Orcs. Didn't they all become green (even the ones who didn't drink from Mannoroth's blood) before entering Azeroth through the Dark Portal? I remember reading in Rise of the Horde that Durotan's skin started to turn green while they were still on Draenor even though none of the Frostwolves drank from the Pit Lord's blood.

I know a lot of stuff had to be changed because obviously you can't tell such a long story that's originally told in books and games in a 2 hour movie but I still can't accept the lore changes easily ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Domcho View Post
    Nope, I liked The Phantom Menace and even Jar Jar Binks.

Deleted
    Anyone got a link to the interview with Jones, where the interviewer storms off. It is mentioned on his twitter account, but the link is broken.

And for the Warcraft movie - I love it as well, but the lore changes, especially the major ones, really pissed me off.

1. What's the explanation behind Orgrim Doomhammer being from the Frostwolf clan?
    2. Why are there brown Orcs. Didn't they all become green (even the ones who didn't drink from Mannoroth's blood) before entering Azeroth through the Dark Portal? I remember reading in Rise of the Horde that Durotan's skin started to turn green while they were still on Draenor even though none of the Frostwolves drank from the Pit Lord's blood.

I know a lot of stuff had to be changed because obviously you can't tell such a long story that's originally told in books and games in a 2 hour movie but I still can't accept the lore changes easily ;(
    1. If they didn't change the lore, it would have been even more difficult to understand for the general audience, I guess. I don't find the film difficult to understand even for non-fans to be honest, but since there has been all that criticism about how "gamers will understand better the story"...
    2. I guess the Frostwolf clan orcs refused to drink the blood. Orgrim tells Gul'dan to be turned into a green orc in front of the other orcs of the Frostwolf clan to show them how powerful they would become, so I guess they didn't turn green yet. Probably it's because of Durotan, who never liked the idea of the Fel magic. And in the movie version I don't think the Fel is contageous at the point of turning green the orcs who didn't drink the blood.

Just my 2 cents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkCreed86 View Post
    Anyone got a link to the interview with Jones, where the interviewer storms off. It is mentioned on his twitter account, but the link is broken.
    They removed the video from YouTube, maybe because it had 90% dislikes...

I'm at work and my computer speakers aren't loud at all even at full volume and I have noisy co-workers, anyone mind letting me know what the interviewer's issue was and what happened? If not, no biggie I'll watch when I get home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    I'm at work and my computer speakers aren't loud at all even at full volume and I have noisy co-workers, anyone mind letting me know what the interviewer's issue was and what happened? If not, no biggie I'll watch when I get home.
    I honestly don't get what his issue was, he just cuts the interview short it seems, and basically storms out.

there wasnt one.

his time just ran out.

the way the process works is its interviewer after interviewer for a couple hours

the entire "scandal" is just somethin the movie is using to build hype

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    there wasnt one.

his time just ran out.

the way the process works is its interviewer after interviewer for a couple hours

Ah I see. Well thanks for letting me know!

All his questions are like "since you clearly failed to do this, what would have you done instead?". He's fishing for a reaction from Jones, who keeps his cool and gives him fairly solid answers. At some point he just stands up and leaves unexpectedly.

The whole thing is more awkward than hateful, but considering how many terrible reviews this movie has had, it seems like there is something else going on. At best very least, critics are very biased about videogames and videogame movies. And who knows if some of them may have been paid for such extreme reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    there wasnt one.

his time just ran out.

Definitely not standard.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-06-14 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    All his questions are like "since you clearly failed to do this, what would have you done instead?". He's fishing for a reaction from Jones, who keeps his cool and gives him fairly solid answers. At some point he just stands up and leaves unexpectedly.

The whole thing is more awkward than hateful, but considering how many terrible reviews this movie has had, it seems like there is something else going on. At best very least, critics are very biased about videogames and videogame movies. And who knows if some of them may have been paid for such extreme reactions.

Definitely not standard.
    shrug, just cuse the guy manufacturing the scandal says its not a scandal, doesnt mean its not a scandal

could be though. coulda just been a bad day for the interviewer.

in the end i dont care, i stay out of office politics and average movie was average

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Yeah, but what you linked is a extremely generalized. What you are saying is true, but it's hard to apply to Blizzard. 99% of movie studios fit into your explanation, Blizzard doesn't, because it isn't, first and foremost, a movie studio. From a business stand point, do you see how EA is using Star Wars? Blizzard somewhat fits that bill.
    I posted that because it was to specific and not much of a generalization. You simply cannot say every origin movie loses money. It's just not true. What blizzard and EA do is entirely different. A movie isn't a simply money making addition to an IP unlike just adding in a game shop. They have direct control over that in every aspect. Doesn't really matter if they are a movie studio or not as blizzard retains all control and all money. blizzard doesn't retain complete control at the point movie studios get involved.

Ever here that saying, "sometimes you have to lose money to make money"? No, I'm no talking about the saying, "you have to spend money to make money", this is very different. But losing money to make money can greatly apply here. I'm not saying either that Blizzard's goal was to lose money, but either way, they knew it would be a win all around regardless if their movie was a smash hit or not.

Really hard to explain without writing a book. I wasn't going to reply but since you linked that little bit about ROI, I thought you might understand how that can't really apply to Blizzard atm.
    I agree to an extent but movie studios are very fickle. It doesn't really apply to blizzard but it applies to how how studios run. The chances of a sequel and the chances of a DC DVD. Movie studios don't look at things like well we need to spend money to make money. They look at things under the light of we need to spend as little as possible and how can we work the biggest return for our investment. Doesn't mean they don't make a mistake in the analytics from time to time.

But I agree. It doesn't necessarily apply to blizzard but it does apply to all the studios involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    What's wrong with that? o_O
    As I said. Minor complaint but off putting. You have this slave of the orc horde leader, sniffs the throne like a dog but drinks tea so refined. Not a movie killer but off putting.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-06-14 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You know, when I see posts like this, I just think: "This person went into the theatre with some bias against the film. They were clearly looking for things to dislike." Either you dislike Blizzard, dislike the fact they changed lore, saw the critics' reviews and think you have to agree. Something. What I do know is that you did not produce the bolded out thoughts of your own free volition.

When we have people like this among ourselves, in the Warcraft fandom, should we really be surprised that there are critics shitting on the movie? We can't even get "our own" to be honest about it (both to themselves and everyone else).
    Not necessarily. Constructive criticism isn't a thing for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I didn't like it at all, but even I can admit that it was way better than The Clone Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    At the end, US likes thoughtful and well written, clever stories like SWFA. Some of the most originial and well crafted in that movie. Perhaps movies need more dinosaur?
    I'm sorry, I'm just as much a fan of Star Wars as the next guy, but The Force Awakens aka A New Hope 2.0 was not original or clever. It was pretty much a clone of Episode IV and left me disappointed. I don't understand why people don't like the movie, nor do I really care. I enjoyed it, my friends who saw it with me enjoyed it. All I can do now is hope that they make more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    That has nothing to do with acting besides, most of them are not even Americans, they have different accents...
    Your argument is invalid, bro.
    He's reeeeeeeally fishing, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Keystonelite View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm just as much a fan of Star Wars as the next guy, but The Force Awakens aka A New Hope 2.0 was not original or clever. It was pretty much a clone of Episode IV and left me disappointed.
    That was his point, though. The US don't like anything that isn't a reboot, a remake, or a rehash.

It's a generalization, but you've got to admit, new franchises aren't given the same opportunities.

One could argue that they offer some guarantees: "If I liked X, X2 can't be that much worse", but then there's stuff like The Amazing Spiderman, Matrix 2 and 3 or the Star Wars prequels. I guess it's just harder to get people hyped about something new than it is to get them hyped about something they already know.

Deleted
    China est. Tuesday 6.2M$/169.5M$

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    That was his point, though. The US don't like anything that isn't a reboot, a remake, or a rehash.

It's a generalization, but you've got to admit, new franchises aren't given the same opportunities.

One could argue that they offer some guarantees: "If I liked X, X2 can't be that much worse", but then there's stuff like The Amazing Spiderman, Matrix 2 and 3 or the Star Wars prequels. I guess it's just harder to get people hyped about something new than it is to get them hyped about something they already know.
    Ah, well then I am in agreement. Hollywood's ideas have been so stale and boring lately, I don't even get hyped for Marvel/DC movies anymore. The last one I was excited to see was Deadpool, and that's because he's the anti super hero.
    I know some people going to see the Warcraft movie tonight who have no connection to the franchise, they are just genuinely intrigued, so I will see what their reaction is to it. I thought it was enjoyable and hands down the best video game adaptation made so far. Sure it's not perfect, but I don't know that I could have asked for more out of a Warcraft movie that wasn't 5 hours long lol. I'm actually going to go see it again tonight, but this time in IMAX 3D.

Officeboxmojo still didnt update china income,still on 144,7m right,its 169m now i think?

- - - Updated - - -

Trust me imax 3d will blow you away,watched in 2d and imax,omg the diffrence,imax is worth of money u pay