Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The Blackfish has his last stand off screen. What the fuck was that? He was a cool character that they could have done cool stuff with. If they decided to kill him off, fine, but why would you make his death pointless/meaningless and off screen where you don't even get the satisfaction of his honorable death?
    The whole episode reaked of, "We ran out of time/budget, so instead of having this fight scene or whatever, we'll just fade to black and have some characters talk about what happened afterwards."
    A somewhat big character killed off screen and confirmed by men that seemed to be loyal to him before Ed gave up the castle....nothing (Black)fishy about that scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    A somewhat big character killed off screen and confirmed by men that seemed to be loyal to him before Ed gave up the castle....nothing (Black)fishy about that scenario.
    The dude who told Jaime he was dead was a Lannister, why would he lie?

It was a tragic episode in terms of believability - I know it's a fantasy, but part of what made it such an enormous success was, I believe, how believable the world is. The pacing was all over the place and forced humour shows no sign of stopping and frankly the character development has not only halted by gone all out reverse for some with no reasons given.

I was giving the benefit of the doubt, but I'm convinced now that Benioff and Weiss have no idea how to work with a source material this large.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Solid episode overall, Arya's parkour being the weakest part of it.

Why are people hating on Edmure so much? He does the exact same thing as in the books except for Blackfish which is likely more down to show cutting side characters there's no room for anymore.

Holding the castle with winter coming in? How long is that winter gonna last? When their supplies run out, how are they gonna get new ones? Jon/Sansa are not 100% guaranteed to even get north back (from Blackfish/Edmure POV at least, as they don't know about LF and Vale armies), even if they get it back how are they gonna help Riverrun when Twins are in the way?

Keeping his army alive for possibly a better chance in the future is much more reasonable, even if that's not what Edmure plans on doing.
    Even better to send that army north where it's gonna be needed much, much more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    Wasted potential with the Masters attacking Meereen, you could have had the Ironborn show up and decimate their army.
    If only there were more episodes left to have this occur.....

If only there were more episodes left to have this occur.....
    Had they condensed Arya's story to s5, there would've been more screentime for things like this. Alas...
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

The best part about the Arya fiasco is the people whom were desperately trying to figure out greater meaning for her arc and the plot armor and once again the fan-fic writer team of this serie showcased that there's none of that, it was just outright retarded.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The best part about the Arya fiasco is the people whom were desperately trying to figure out greater meaning for her arc and the plot armor and once again the fan-fic writer team of this serie showcased that there's none of that, it was just outright retarded.
    It would've been 100% better with Jaqen being the Arya that got stabbed, Syrio theory can go away tho :P

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The looks on everyone's faces and hers were like when your mum comes home early from holiday and you're still cleaning up from the party
    I listen to that podcast too.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dude who confirmed the kill wasn't a Lannister or Frey? Why is Jaime taking his status reports from Tullies? Why was a Tully involved down there at all, when the Tullies had disarmed?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I listen to that podcast too.
    I don't know what you're talking about but as it sounds like my type of thing I would like too

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    What kind of an organization is that? People can come in, learn their ways, disobey and have a top man die in her place, disbeye again, tarnish the reputation, kill off an apprentice, and be allowed to walk away?

Sorry no.

Either the faceless men are not nearly as elite as we thought and they kinda suck, or this writing was trash.
    Arya did not just come in, learn their ways, then leave.

She was invited in. You do not just knock on the door and say "can I join"....

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    3) What exactly has the Brotherhood been doing? Beric seems to be implying they're still ready for Ned's mission from s1, investigating the White Walkers - but why have they been tooling around the Riverlands then? I don't know why they would mention that easily-forgotten fact that they were there when Yoren presented the wight's body parts to Tyrion in the throne room, if it seems like they haven't been doing anything about it.
    What? Neither in book nor show has Ned's mission for Beric anything to do with the White Walkers...And neither in book nor show did Yoren present anything to Tyrion while he was Hand of the King...(Allister did try to, but the hand rotted away before he could.)

Wow, I thought Aryas story could not get any worse and her stabbing indeed was some kind of ruse.
    That she would run around smiling and stay in open places although she from all knows exactly that someone from an assassins guild is trying to kill her is so dumb and completely out of character. You could see her fear in the episode before that.
    And just rewatch that scene from last week, it was no single cut, she was stabbed several times into the abdomen. She very likely would have died if she was instantly beamed into a modern hospital, for sure nothing an actor would be able to heal with soup.

The whole arc is so retarded that I think it would have been better if she simply died and the whole Arya/Faceless story arc was void and meaningless. This dumb writing really infurates me.

I am also surprised that they let Tyrion down so much, unlike in Westeros everything he does seems to fail. But well, shit happens.

The Riverrun siege pretty much ended as I was expecting, no battle, no winners. But letting Blackfish die be some unnamed guards also was a little letdown. And why are they so hesitant since last season to actually show the death of the greater characters? It really reeks like they want to keep the joker of another unexpected story turn: Oh look, Ramsey is killed by Stannis after he caught Blackfish in Winterfell. Bagh, I really hope they don't come up with something like that...

Arya did not just come in, learn their ways, then leave.

She was invited in. You do not just knock on the door and say "can I join"....
    So we are watching different shows it seems. All good.

Well, in the show called Game of Thrones as well as the books it's based on, Arya was not invited into THoBaW. They initially did not want to let her in. She literally showed up at the door and asked "can I join".

Also in the show I watched , her failure demanded a death. And Jaqen #1 died for her.

So in the show I watched. She came there. Was eventually allowed in cause it looked like she wanted it. She got some training. Cost them the life of a member. Got a second chance. Failed again. Tarnished their rep by outing an employer and this failing even bigger. Killed another member. Then was allowed to just walk out the door.

Tell me of your show. What's it called?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So is the wildfire thing pretty much confirmed? Seems stupid to include something in the show that you have to look up if you haven't read the book.

At this point, I'd be suprised if it happens. That would be cool, make sense, and mean the whole wildfire stuff from past seasons mattered.

But the way the season is going now it's probably something stupid. Like a letter to a Dornish viper chick.

7+ Year Old Account
    So..

Jaime: "Bring the Blackfish here"
    Soldier: "He died fighting, sir"
    Jaime: "Ok, show me his body then"
    Soldier: "Ehm.. Yeah.. he run away..."
    Jaime: "And why did you lied?"
    Soldier: "It was in the script, sir"
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    She pulled the old "RPG Inn" number.

Find a bed, take a nap, all your injuries just disappear. [/FONT]

That makes me very sad how accurate that is. Game of Thrones is supposed to be nothing like that.

I think that these guys have only been so good because the source material was so amazing. Without it , it's going downhill fast. Or, maybe Mr. Martin really is unraveling. The last two books seem to be just like this season. "Better than any comoetition right now, but not nearly as great as the previous".

Hope in wrong and it's just the show that's messing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    Oddly >_>, Varys and Dany have still yet to meet....second she is gone, he comes in, he leaves she returns
    Varys is the Polkaroo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    So we are watching different shows it seems. All good.

Well, in the show called Game of Thrones as well as the books it's based on, Arya was not invited into THoBaW. They initially did not want to let her in. She literally showed up at the door and asked "can I join".

Also in the show I watched , her failure demanded a death. And Jaqen #1 died for her.

So in the show I watched. She came there. Was eventually allowed in cause it looked like she wanted it. She got some training. Cost them the life of a member. Got a second chance. Failed again. Tarnished their rep by outing an employer and this failing even bigger. Killed another member. Then was allowed to just walk out the door.

Tell me of your show. What's it called?
    The coin (and password of sorts) Jaqen gave her way back in season two, that got her on a ship and then to the temple. That is where I interpret being invited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    The dude who confirmed the kill wasn't a Lannister or Frey? Why is Jaime taking his status reports from Tullies? Why was a Tully involved down there at all, when the Tullies had disarmed?
    Good point, I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I would be surprised. Why Jaime Lannister would help Sansa Stark retake Winterfell when we all know she would never submit to the crown? The last thing the Lannisters need is a new Queen in the North.

- - - Updated - - -

Cersei is really pushed to the corner. She now can only count on Qyburn and Ser Robert Strong. She's on a path of auto-destruction. I wouldn't be surprised if she spills the beans and admits that she had an incestuous relation with her own brother, that neither Joffrey, Myrcella or Tommen are legitimate. Just out of spite towards Tommen, the High Sparrow and Margaery. Tommen would not be the rightful King anymore, so Margaery would be the wife of a bastard and not Queen anymore and the High Sparrow would lose some legitimacy. It would be chaos. As for the wildfire, my bet is that it is Robert Strong that will be sent to ignite it. He's already dead. Also, he obeys perinde ac cadaver, as the Jesuits said. Like a corpse...
    I wonder who the rightful king would then be - if all those three children are bastards, it would be Stannis. Stannis is dead, so it would be Shireen. Shireen is however also dead. That makes it Renly - who is dead and with no children.
    ...Who the fuck is the rightful king?!

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    I wonder who the rightful king would then be - if all those three children are bastards, it would be Stannis. Stannis is dead, so it would be Shireen. Shireen is however also dead. That makes it Renly - who is dead and with no children.
    ...Who the fuck is the rightful king?!
    Sandor Clegane.