Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    1) Piss off Gordon Ramsay
    2) Send him into ISIS stronghold
    3) #$!@#! #!@!@ off, @#!!!.
    4) profit??

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    No, You dont. Because that's a war crime, and that would lead more people into terrorist's hands
    When people use terror as a weapon, you have to be even more terrifying. What do you expect people to do? Run to the side of the fluffy bunny? No, they need to cower at the foot of the beast that ate the beast previously terrorizing them.

I don't actually hold this position. But do hold the belief that we either need to step it up or step out. Either we're horrible for fucking things up wherever we go. Or we're horrible for not staying and helping. And the option of being horrible while preserving lives and money is looking more and more tempting.

Kill them all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I guess my main question is;

as an American,why am I searching for a solution to ISIS? Going back to 2013, Wikipedia lists 3 attacks on US soil from "isis". Queens hatchet attack in which a recent convert attacked 2 officers with a hatchet, San Bernardino and the one that happened in Orlando. The last 2 are being mentioned as "inspired by Isis" instead of actually being planned out, funded and carried out by ISIS.

So it seems we have a very very small issue with ISIS on our own soil. Why would I or any American give a shit? Maybe beef up anti-terrorist measures, but other than that I can't see how ISIS effects my daily life in any way. Why don't we just leave them the fuck alone and let someone else deal with their bullshit. Keep an eye on Iran, Pakistan and Israel (because they have nukes) but other than that get the fuck out of the Middle East.
    Well because YOU are responsible ISIS to exist at first place, because US actions in the region last several years.Not only that but US refuse to provide any significant help to ppl who still oposite to ISIS and thanks to them the damn Terorists do not spread even more.Do not get me wrong i do not hate US citysens for politic lead by their goverment.So yea you do not give a shit now but you have no idea what can hapen some day( you do same mistake with Thalibans aka Al-Kaida)

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Kill them all.
    you can't. really, it's impossible to do so, or more exactly the resources needed to "kill them all" are prohibitive. this is not a war between nation states, where the allegiances are clear. one day a tipical civilian could enter a terrorist organization because of the destruction of his home by foreign powers, or a former terrorist could defect and provide information.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    When people use terror as a weapon, you have to be even more terrifying. What do you expect people to do? Run to the side of the fluffy bunny? No, they need to cower at the foot of the beast that ate the beast previously terrorizing them.

I don't actually hold this position. But do hold the belief that we either need to step it up or step out. Either we're horrible for fucking things up wherever we go. Or we're horrible for not staying and helping. And the option of being horrible while preserving lives and money is looking more and more tempting.
    no, you dont need to use terror in retailation. because, as i said, its a freaking war crime. to respond terrorism you have to be smart, target critical points and defuse the conditions that make terrorist cells possible (like economic inequality, foreign powers waging a war in their lands, etc).
    Iraq was pretty decent before the US invaded. yes, there was a bad dictator there, but at least he kept all of this religious infighting in check
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-06-14 at 05:26 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Deleted
    Stop supporting them.
    The guys have newspapers and televisions. Who the FUCK are we kidding. They couldnt do that without support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Kill them all.
    more kills, more ISIS members. That's how it works. You cannot beat ideology. Just need to stop finance them. And I think no1 really have doubts who give them money. Who cry on BBC more than others when Russia destroyed ISIS supplies? Hard math: 1 + 1.

Also ISIS ain't a problem at all. We lose every year over million ppl from malaria. The sickness which officially "beaten". And ISIS kills only several thousands. Same with ebola: horror of the planet. 300ppl died. And why this crap show on TV?

7+ Year Old Account
    How? Absolute brutality.

FYI: All this talk of " we can't, its a war crime" give me a break. Let me clue you in on something. There is only one crime in war: Losing. If you win, who is going to charge you? Yourself? And if someone does, what of it? If the US adopted a " kill them all, scorched Earth, glass the whole mess" policy" people will howl. And they can kindly go f off. Because there won't be sht they can do about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    How? Absolute brutality.

FYI: All this talk of " we can't, its a war crime" give me a break. Let me clue you in on something. There is only one crime in war: Losing. If you win, who is going to charge you? Yourself? And if someone does, what of it? If the US adopted a " kill them all, scorched Earth, glass the whole mess" policy" people will howl. And they can kindly go f off. Because there won't be sht they can do about it.
    What's the difference between this guy's ideology and some terrorists ideologies?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What's the difference between this guy's ideology and some terrorists ideologies?
    The diff? Quite simple. I don't want to conquer the world and spread some bullsht ideology.

" Is it better to out-monster the monster, or to be devoured by him?" ----- Nietzsche
    Last edited by Berengil; 2016-06-14 at 10:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    The diff? Quite simple. I don't want to conquer the world and spread some bullsht ideology.

" Is it better to out-monster the monster, or to be devoured by him?" ----- Nietzsche
    Your intentions count very little. You want to mass murder millions of civilians. So do the terrorists.

The ISIS Leader may have just got taken out by a US Drone
    "Yay USA"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/is-...4b87052eaf594b

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has reportedly been killed in a US air strike in Raqqa.

His death, reported by the AlhlulBayt news agency, comes days after 49 people were killed in an Orlando nightclub
    by a man pledging allegiance to ISIS.

The Abna24 website said al-Baghdadi had been killed on Sunday morning by an air strike in Syria.

“Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by coalition air strikes on Raqqa on the fifth day of Ramadan,” the statement said.

But US officials would not confirm the statement and there have been many earlier false claims of his death.

Army Colonel Chris Garver, the public affairs chief of the US-led coalition against ISIS, told USA Today he had heard international media were sharing the report, but he could not confirm that it was true.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    The ISIS Leader may have just got taken out by a US Drone
    "Yay USA"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/is-...4b87052eaf594b

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has reportedly been killed in a US air strike in Raqqa.

His death, reported by the AlhlulBayt news agency, comes days after 49 people were killed in an Orlando nightclub
    by a man pledging allegiance to ISIS.

The Abna24 website said al-Baghdadi had been killed on Sunday morning by an air strike in Syria.

“Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by coalition air strikes on Raqqa on the fifth day of Ramadan,” the statement said.

But US officials would not confirm the statement and there have been many earlier false claims of his death.

Army Colonel Chris Garver, the public affairs chief of the US-led coalition against ISIS, told USA Today he had heard international media were sharing the report, but he could not confirm that it was true.
    We can hope so, the coward have been hiding for along time amongst civilians, guess they finally found him alone if this is true.

- - - Updated - - -

And dont worry about isis they are doing a good job killing themselves, also very fucking weak in syria/iraq atm.

They are terrorists trying to act like an ordinary country/military.

Military defeat in conventional war is the answer. When they are captured, try them for their many war crimes and let them dance on the end of ropes. Those of western countries who went to fight with them should be tried for treason.

A residual part may persist as a terrorist group but those can be handled.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Elimination of religion or... complete exclusion from any trade. Money talks.

Deleted
    ISIS uses religion to get power. They want to unite muslims in the world under their banner. They want that western people hate muslims so that they can catch them - giving them a place and a chance to hate back.

All their power comes from a god others believe in. So to beat them in the most peaceful way that god and all other gods need to go. People who believe in god need to question themselves. Or they need to pray harder and hope for their god to judge the people who abuse this god and then withstand the hatred they receive when no heavenly judgement appeared. Gods let wars happen, genocides happen, holocaust happen and god will not care about ISIS in the future. If you still leave it to others to use gods to manipulate you and others - don't be mad about critique.

Only people who believe in god can stop ISIS. Because it's only about them.

And the next step goes even further because even religion can be replaced - by something like society, countries, nationality etc. Anthropology shows there is only one way: Egocentrics. All your actions, all your moral and taboo has to come from yourself. When interact with others you have to do it by centering all actions and responsibility from your inner self. No God, no collective, no nature. That is the true burden of humanities free will. To judge by yourself knowing there is no right nor wrong.
    Last edited by mmocc9b2dcdfec; 2016-06-14 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    15 years ago Al Qaeda looked 10 feet tall.

Today they're basically defunct.

Drone them. Bomb them. Hack them. You'll wittle them down little by little.

People want this done too cleanly. To easily. The war on terror will last forever. The War on ISIS will last a decade or more.

- - - Updated - - -

Because that worked so well with the Taliban in the 1990s.
    I think Connal had it right though. I agree that just handling them with our military would end Isis fairly quickly, but I think we could do better than that.

Unfortunately, his solution, while I think it is the best as far as rooting out the source of the problem, you'd still always end up with some nutters commiting terrorist acts. And I don't see nations like Saudi Arabia changing any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    1) Piss off Gordon Ramsay
    2) Send him into ISIS stronghold
    3) #$!@#! #!@!@ off, @#!!!.
    4) profit??
    We should send Gordon Ramsay, John Cena, and Queen Elizabeth to finsih them all off!

if you ended desire

then isis would disappear

universal enlightenment is the way to go

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    I think Connal had it right though. I agree that just handling them with our military would end Isis fairly quickly, but I think we could do better than that.
    Cutting a weed down doesn't get rid of it, it simply grows back. And trying to rip it out by the root just spills seeds everywhere.