Thread: Cheater exposed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OP INFORMER View Post
    Hey guys this is a video of a level 106 cheating on Temple of Anubis.
    Who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I deleted my post for a reason. Thanks for quoting me and showing everybody I'm an idiot for not fully watching the video.

Way to go.
    #reeeeeekt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heyimcute View Post
    no cheating in a FPS is Wallhack/aimbot etc.
    What about wallbot and aimhack?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Yea well blizzard needs to be A LOT quicker at fixing this shit as well. Anything broke in CSGO gets fixed in days at most. Sure its wrong to exploit this stuff but it's wrong for blizzard to leave these broken things for months.
    Maybe they can't fix it, like they can't fix their spaghetti netcode.
    Other shooters work just fine, but blizz apparently used their wow or diablo netcode for a shooter, which they now can't fix without breaking the game for 20 % of the players.
    Just because they are a huge developer with much money does not mean they create the best game code.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    There's already a thread on that, and no, they're not unreachable.
    Out of curiosity, do you feel it's "legit" gameplay to play your sentries in that location on Dorado?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you feel it's "legit" gameplay to play your sentries in that location on Dorado?
    Intentionally? No, because it allows the turrets to fire through the bridge, which is clearly not intended design.

I know I'm not the person that you were first speaking to, but that's my 2 cents and my justification.

On the original exploit/cheat in this thread, I'd give a reaper the benefit of the doubt if he accepted death when someone ulted. The fact he's wraithing every time he hears Hanzo's ult activate makes any claims it's unintentional suspect. He knows he's on point and that you can't win as long as he's in there.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Intentionally? No, because it allows the turrets to fire through the bridge, which is clearly not intended design.
    This, I agree with.

I don't think they should fire upwards through the bridge. That's not intended. If the crack were there and they only fired downwards, I would say it would be fine, because they can be avoided by going around the far side of the payload to push it or walking around the back path instead of trying to push through the underpass.

My bigger issue here is that I've seen plenty of threads on this on the official forums and started seeing them here and I'm overly irritated at seeing how people keep exaggerating about it. They're not invincible. You can clearly see them, you can clearly kill them. It's not even remotely similar to the Reaper exploit in Anubis.

And I trust Blizzard will fix it, if they ever get around to fixing the other stuff they say they will. Like McRightClick the tank killer. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    It's not something that happens accidentally, as someone who's replicated the bug. It requires finicky reaper blinks on the roof to work, and furthermore once you get in there you can get out as easy as steps 2 to 3. I'm not sure if I should post a video on how to do it or not, on one hand it'll force it to be fixed quicker and on the other hand it will just spread this method of cheating.

EDIT: Since there are no less than 5 different ways to do this in the room in question I may as well just post a video on it.

Something they don't show is that the area you drop down from can just as easily be ported back up to.
    yeah if thats how you get into this glitch spot, theres no way you get in there accidently, unless theres another way thats easier to accidently click into? Also does standing in that spot count as being on the control point?

My bigger issue here is that I've seen plenty of threads on this on the official forums and started seeing them here and I'm overly irritated at seeing how people keep exaggerating about it. They're not invincible. You can clearly see them, you can clearly kill them. It's not even remotely similar to the Reaper exploit in Anubis.
    Which is weird for me because I've also read people say "Oh Winston can eat them nps" but I spent the entire remainder of the round trying to kill them as Winston approaching from most angles (I presume I missed one because people say there is a location where they are visible) but from under the bridge over the top of the bridge, and from the other side of the wall his Tesla cannon thing did squat and I just got burned down by 6 sentries I wonder if maybe there are 2 different spots that are similar in effect because about 5 minutes of trying to find them and kill them until the round ended wasn't enough

I mean I'm faar from average at the game, but I still kinda feel like if it takes the rest of the round to work out how to shoot those things that are shooting you, that's pretty fucking cheesy Certainly I reported them for cheating.

- - - Updated - - -

Like McRightClick the tank killer. :P
    Oh boy, like thats even on the same level
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

a good way to lose $60

There's a way to get on top of that part of the map, but you have to point at a very specific spot on a ceiling and then teleport a second time (you can also get in to the defending spawn area). Also, once inside the statue, you *can* get back out by teleporting back up. I have done this in a custom game as a PoC. There's no way this is an accident.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

There is a similar spot on Rt66. Go through left door after last check point, Reaper can lodge himself above the door.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    There is a similar spot on Rt66. Go through left door after last check point, Reaper can lodge himself above the door.
    It's less of a problem on a payload map,unless he counts as contesting the payload in that spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is weird for me because I've also read people say "Oh Winston can eat them nps" but I spent the entire remainder of the round trying to kill them as Winston approaching from most angles (I presume I missed one because people say there is a location where they are visible) but from under the bridge over the top of the bridge, and from the other side of the wall his Tesla cannon thing did squat and I just got burned down by 6 sentries I wonder if maybe there are 2 different spots that are similar in effect because about 5 minutes of trying to find them and kill them until the round ended wasn't enough

I mean I'm faar from average at the game, but I still kinda feel like if it takes the rest of the round to work out how to shoot those things that are shooting you, that's pretty fucking cheesy Certainly I reported them for cheating.
    I'm sure it's the same spot. The first time I saw it done, I was playing D.Va and looked on the inside wall and didn't see them, flew up top and didn't see them...took less than two minutes for me to figure out where they were, get under the crack and shoot them all down without even getting knocked out of my mech.

That's the thing though. If people didn't waste their time actually trying to take them out and just figured out another way to avoid them, they'd push the payload past it no problem. Like I said, they can push the payload from the far side or use the back path to avoid the underpass altogether. There are so many threads on this too that I believe most players have probably seen it by now and know how to counter it.

I haven't tried Winston myself, but D.Va can kill them, I've seen Junkrat kill them easily, and something like a Soldier 76 or Pharah under a Reinhardt shield can take them out easily as well. I've read Winston and a Reinhardt fire strike can kill them too.

To me it's not even close to the same level as Reaper actually BEING inside of a wall or a Torb turret being inside of a wall. Those things are glitching on another level. I'm really hoping Blizzard is getting a lot of fixes in today during down time.

I've only seen 3 cheaters since I started - 3 people who I'm at least 90% sure were cheating, although honestly one of them seemed really pointless and might have been a glitch. I'm level 50, now.

Two were aimbots, ya'know the guys - 4k+ DPI and 100% scoped critical accuracy.

Last one was bizarre and my entire group was just..confused at it. We knocked a Zarya off the world and she just appeared about 20 feet from where she was knocked off of. Even the Zarya seemed confused, so I'm not sure if it was intentional.

I'm sure I've been with or against more aimbots, but It's really hard to tell a good aimbot from a good widowmaker from cs:go/cod/*insertfpshere*. My group generally reports anyone who "snaps" when they headshot with high DPI.

In any game that exists - people are going to cheat. It's unfortunate, but a fact of gaming. I'm sure Blizz will be dolling out bans soon enough. I know my friend who used an Aimbot lasted about 2 hours before getting perma-banned, so they definitely are watching cheaters. Report, Bugreport and move on.
    Last edited by Yoshimiko; 2016-06-14 at 03:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The solution is 2x Hanzo.

Sure, you normally wouldn't want to stack, but the enemy team's effectively down a player too.
    Not really a solution because he can glitch right back once he respawns.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I'm sure it's the same spot. The first time I saw it done, I was playing D.Va and looked on the inside wall and didn't see them, flew up top and didn't see them...took less than two minutes for me to figure out where they were, get under the crack and shoot them all down without even getting knocked out of my mech.
    Where is this "crack" (I remember your description from the other thread but not actually got a round on Dorado to investigate further). As for worrying about them, I was mostly curious and I'm a pretty crappy team player at times anyway :S

To me it's not even close to the same level as Reaper actually BEING inside of a wall or a Torb turret being inside of a wall. Those things are glitching on another level. I'm really hoping Blizzard is getting a lot of fixes in today during down time.
    Reaper no, but not sure I see a massive difference between this and a Torb turret, you're forcing the team into a tiny spot essentially (if they are using the payload as cover to move it) and 2 Pharahs could keep that covered, let alone Bastions or Torbs in sight of it. Both are just bent And I "main" Symmetra insofar as /Played is concerned and find this 'abuse' to be beneath a hero that's already a beast

But fair enough, thanks for replying and sating my curiosity, I'll take that as a "Not really legit, but its hardly the worst thing someone could do" regarding the initial question, or did I read this wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Blizzards fault IMO. Clipping into objects is something that shouldn't be able to happen in the first place. I would not be surprised if this wasn't reported during the beta, it should of been fixed by now. Especially seeing as it's in a capture zone.

He will get permabanned. I really don't see the reason for cheating in OW, it seems over-arcadey from what I could tell headshots didn't even make a difference. How they are expecting this to become an E-Sport i don't know... I'd say a aimbot is borderline pointless.
    Most cheaters don't report these things. They keep them for themselves to abuse. We've seen this time and time again throughout gaming history.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Not really a solution because he can glitch right back once he respawns.
    1> You can re-charge your ultimate, too.

2> You can cap while he's dead, which is the point. If you can't hold the point, then killing the guy in the pillar is pointless to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you can't hold the point, then killing the guy in the pillar is pointless to begin with.
    Considering its 5 vs 6 (Reaper can't shoot out, right) then if the attackers can't even hold the point, the defenders didn't need the glitch anyway, right? Reaper could just as well be AFKing in the spawn spot.

Considering its 5 vs 6 (Reaper can't shoot out, right) then if the attackers can't even hold the point, the defenders didn't need the glitch anyway, right? Reaper could just as well be AFKing in the spawn spot.
    IIRC he can fire out from a couple spots, but not all of the bullets actually get out.