Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They can't just squish one expansion or it will never get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by WildCarrot View Post
    So, will we be seeing gimmick-HP fights this expansion? Like towards the end of MoP's patch cycle?
    No we won't. The changed the backend and numbers can go way way higher now.
    The post legion squish will not be because of data restraints like WoD was but will be because to high numbers are more confusing.

Its easier to see what is happening when your damage is 1573, 5735, 3821 then 2756945, 65487053, 5423584
    In a brief glance you probably did not see that the middle of the 2nd set is 65m and not 6.5m

And yes it is because Blizzard has made the ilvl increases between steps to big.
    Imo its perfectly fine for first tier Mythic to be just below second tier Heroic instead of now where Blackhand Mythic drops worse gear then Normal Archimonde.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2016-06-12 at 12:00 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Guess that i will need an addon to make my screen readable, i have no beta but the gameplays i have been watching are awful when it comes to read the damage you pull out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    I wonder if they also do this for performance reasons. Under GCC at least operations on a long long (eg. int64) are substantially slower.
    Yet alone, big integer arithmetics. Now THAT would be a performance nightmare par excellence.

Recently I have jumped on my lvl 71 shaman. Dressed in some BC blues and welfare epics it's 1-shotting mobs in dragonblight.
    Feels like playing on those private realms with 10x increased damage. Leveling experience is just rubbish now :/
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    No we won't. The changed the backend and numbers can go way way higher now.
    The post legion squish will not be because of data restraints like WoD was but will be because to high numbers are more confusing.

Its easier to see what is happening when your damage is 1573, 5735, 3821 then 2756945, 65487053, 5423584
    In a brief glance you probably did not see that the middle of the 2nd set is 65m and not 6.5m

And yes it is because Blizzard has made the ilvl increases between steps to big.
    Imo its perfectly fine for first tier Mythic to be just below second tier Heroic instead of now where Blackhand Mythic drops worse gear then Normal Archimonde.
    I noticed the difference, not my fault others are unable to count. (8v7 numbers)

I just wish they would fix the low level scaling somehow when they do stat squish. One of the fun parts when leveling is getting better gear as you level, but nowadays you don't really get better gear. The gear gives the same stats or are even worse in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    They didn't mess up the stat squish, they messed up the scaling. Theres no reason why we should have gone from 60k hp at lvl 90(after the squish) to 450k at 110, just like there's no reason to go from 450k at 100 to 3m at 110...
    There IS a reason:

Soloing previous expansion bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    There IS a reason:

Soloing previous expansion bosses.
    Nope, they have the old content dmg boost for that now that makes everything damage related trivial regardless of gear.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Nope, they have the old content dmg boost for that now that makes everything damage related trivial regardless of gear.
    Not for MoP raids (and WoD raids in Legion).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    They didn't mess up the stat squish, they messed up the scaling. Theres no reason why we should have gone from 60k hp at lvl 90(after the squish) to 450k at 110, just like there's no reason to go from 450k at 100 to 3m at 110...

You probably think WoD was a very good expansion too.
    They more than doubled the scaling of health for PVP. Your damage didn't scale at the same rate as your stamina did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    'Soon'?

But wasn't the actual stat squish looked to be next expansion (After Legion)? That isn't so soon.
    Yup. That will be almost 4 years between each squish. That's an eternity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Recently I have jumped on my lvl 71 shaman. Dressed in some BC blues and welfare epics it's 1-shotting mobs in dragonblight.
    Feels like playing on those private realms with 10x increased damage. Leveling experience is just rubbish now :/
    Blizzard is trying to fix that. They nerfed player power in the level 1-40 game about a month ago.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Yup. That will be almost 4 years between each squish. That's an eternity.
    Not really. The stats aren't even that horribly high yet, as they used to be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Blizzard is trying to fix that. They nerfed player power in the level 1-40 game about a month ago.
    Less than a month. Yeah, I have felt that. Still, my lvl 25 paladin is running naked questing with lvl 1 weapon and mobs are still no challenge.

And they're late too, similar problems were here during cataclysm. And now they're talking about making zones scale to the player, but they haven't managed to properly balance low level content after all those years.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

7+ Year Old Account
    What's the problem with stats squish?

They did it once, now it will be easier to redo, and even then it was not bad in terms of bug when WoD was live, couple of cracks here and there in old content but nothing game breaking.

people QQ for nothing damn...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Or players have no understanding of how gains work over "current" vs "old" content.
    For gear to feel meaningful as an upgrade the increase in power is greater over the current expansion's content, more tangible to a player.
    The squish is about significantly reducing the curve on gear prior to the current content.
    gear acquisition felt meaningful in old expac because it wasn't so easy to get

problem solved. If your not getting gear every 2 hours from welfare sources, every upgrade feels good even if it's minor.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    What's the problem with stats squish?

They did it once, now it will be easier to redo, and even then it was not bad in terms of bug when WoD was live, couple of cracks here and there in old content but nothing game breaking.

people QQ for nothing damn...

Just because you don't give a shit about low level content...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Just because you don't give a shit about low level content...
    If you're talking about leveling they talked about it in recent interview and said they are planing some fix... It was already SUPER easy to level in MoP before the stats squish so stats squish might have done some bad but it's clearly not the only reason leveling is broken right know.
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-06-14 at 04:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Less than a month. Yeah, I have felt that. Still, my lvl 25 paladin is running naked questing with lvl 1 weapon and mobs are still no challenge.

And they're late too, similar problems were here during cataclysm. And now they're talking about making zones scale to the player, but they haven't managed to properly balance low level content after all those years.
    They haven't ever tried though. As talent trees changed and player power increased due to those talents being baked into your natural skills they never went back and changed the leveling content. The only thing they really fixed was abilities that scaled too high in PVP at those levels.

If they can get scaling right that would be a nice fix. But it needs to also be done in baby steps. If suddenly overnight people are unable to kill 2 npcs at a time shit will hit the fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really. The stats aren't even that horribly high yet, as they used to be.
    I was replying to the person who said the stat squish is happening too soon. 4 years definitely won't be too soon. Especially after we get through all of Legion's ilevel bumps.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    If you're talking about leveling they talked about it in recent interview and said they are planing some fix... It was already SUPER easy to level in MoP before the stats squish so stats squish might have done some bad but it's clearly not the only reason leveling is broken right know.

Yes, I'm talking about leveling, but mostly about lack of progression when it comes to gear. It was one of the things I really liked when leveling a new character.

Deleted
    They went retarded with ilvl inflation. There's really no point to it other than retarded "you gotta feel strong when you get new item". We didn't have this bullshit in Vanilla and TBC and it made previous content in the same expansion matter.