Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    I wonder who the rightful king would then be - if all those three children are bastards, it would be Stannis. Stannis is dead, so it would be Shireen. Shireen is however also dead. That makes it Renly - who is dead and with no children.
    ...Who the fuck is the rightful king?!
    Someone way back and down in the Baratheon line.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    She pulled the old "RPG Inn" number.

Find a bed, take a nap, all your injuries just disappear. [/FONT]
    You made me remember M&M, inn is always the answer :')
    Quote Originally Posted by Health View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Besides, you don't gain any knowledge of a useful spec if you level as BM
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial-sama View Post
    Someone way back and down in the Baratheon line.
    Wouldn't it be Gendry or any of the other numerous bastards that Robert fathered? I mean, they may have been fathered by different women, but they are still the direct sons of the legitimate King.

Or have I misunderstood the position of bastards?

Wouldn't it be Gendry or any of the other numerous bastards that Robert fathered? I mean, they may have been fathered by different women, but they are still the direct sons of the legitimate King.

Or have I misunderstood the position of bastards?
    Gendry would have to be legitimized first (like Ramsay was). I'd love to see him and Arya resurface tho ;p
    When you're asleep, me and an enchancement shaman are gonna enter your room and beastcleave you to tears.

Why are people hating on Edmure so much? He does the exact same thing as in the books except for Blackfish which is likely more down to show cutting side characters there's no room for anymore..
    I think it's a tonal issue. Jaime doesn't threaten him with his kid, and Edmure seems more courageous. Also, in the book, he knows he won't be staying in Riverrun, but will be afforded prisoner-of-nobility status at Casterly Rock with Robb's widow. Plus, Edmure's courage is augmented because he specifically lets the Blackfish escape, whereas in the show he takes the cowardly action of demanding he be put in chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakallanar View Post
    What? Neither in book nor show has Ned's mission for Beric anything to do with the White Walkers...And neither in book nor show did Yoren present anything to Tyrion while he was Hand of the King...(Allister did try to, but the hand rotted away before he could.)
    I don't remember precisely what Ned said to Beric, but I think Beric had information from Yoren's report from the Wall. If not, it's even more bizarre that the Brotherhood is trying to convince Sandor to fight for them against the White Walkers. But Ned believed him, and Tyrion believed Janos Slynt (not Alliser, iirc) when he talked about wights.The question then becomes, why is someone in the Riverlands preparing for a threat that no one left in Westeros (with Ned dead and Tyrion in Essos) believes in south of the Wall?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    So with Jaime not being in the Kingsguard anymore that means he's the lord of Casterly Rock, right?
    I dont think so, generally speaking, inheritance is determined the moment the previous possessor dies. When Tywin died Jaime was inelligible to inherit. So the title went to someone else.

Who that someone is depends on what mode of inheritance Westeros uses. If it is male preference primogeniture, then it is Cersei, if salic law then it it Kevan, if semi-salic law then it is Tommen.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I don't remember precisely what Ned said to Beric, but I think Beric had information from Yoren's report from the Wall. If not, it's even more bizarre that the Brotherhood is trying to convince Sandor to fight for them against the White Walkers. But Ned believed him, and Tyrion believed Janos Slynt (not Alliser, iirc) when he talked about wights.The question then becomes, why is someone in the Riverlands preparing for a threat that no one left in Westeros (with Ned dead and Tyrion in Essos) believes in south of the Wall?
    Beric was sent to deal with the Mountain (both in books and in the show). That part when he talks about WW actually confused me completely, how does he know?
    Yoren died shortly after or before brotherhood was formed, doubt he was the source. Maybe Thoros? Red priests seem to know about Great Other/whatever they make it in the show.

When did Tyrion believe Janos? He sent Janos to the wall to get rid of him and install Bronn as captain of Goldcloaks, I don't remember WWs being part of the equation there :S

Deleted
    I think it's a tonal issue. Jaime doesn't threaten him with his kid, and Edmure seems more courageous. Also, in the book, he knows he won't be staying in Riverrun, but will be afforded prisoner-of-nobility status at Casterly Rock with Robb's widow. Plus, Edmure's courage is augmented because he specifically lets the Blackfish escape, whereas in the show he takes the cowardly action of demanding he be put in chains.
    Jaime did threaten his kid though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    ShowEdmure =! BookEdmure tbh, they probably wanted to remove Blackfish and just chose a bad way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Ah yes, I now read to the end of his speech. It was almost a throwaway line though, and the main thrust of it was about how his entire line would be demolished, Riverrun razed, and the first people who would die would be his bannermen who he swore to protect.

God, I need to reread the books, it's been like ten years since I've read some of them.

Beric was sent to deal with the Mountain (both in books and in the show). That part when he talks about WW actually confused me completely, how does he know?
    Yoren died shortly after or before brotherhood was formed, doubt he was the source. Maybe Thoros? Red priests seem to know about Great Other/whatever they make it in the show.
    Thoros told him probably. He saw the whitewalker in the flames.

https://youtu.be/QXtUTNqKOjw?t=105

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

This hasn't been in the show and isn't in any of the books as far as I know. What is this work he's narrating, and who wrote it?

This hasn't been in the show and isn't in any of the books as far as I know. What is this work he's narrating, and who wrote it?
    "Histories & Lore" are some animated videos released with the blu-ray release of each season. They got the actual actors to narrate it. Bryan Cogman then Dave Hill wrote it.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post

Aye, that makes sense. Should've included that in the show instead of side material.

Im thinking Arya heads right for Walter Frey, which is also where the Brotherhood head.

Deleted
    I wonder who the rightful king would then be - if all those three children are bastards, it would be Stannis. Stannis is dead, so it would be Shireen. Shireen is however also dead. That makes it Renly - who is dead and with no children.
    It could be Jaime Lannister, he has an old, very old parentage with the Baratheons as Tommen does. It is a weak claim but a claim, but stronger if you consider that he is no longer in the kingsguard.

Edmure Tully never saw his kid, nor his bride get big with child, and for all he knows Jaime just made that shit up.

He can surrender for whatever reason he wants. But if he surrendered because he is worried about a kid that he "heard" exists and is supposedly his, and ignores the fact that the child is Walder Frey's key to running Riverrun legitimately...

Man, the more I think on this episode the more it falls apart for me.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    Edmure Tully never saw his kid, nor his bride get big with child, and for all he knows Jaime just made that shit up.

He can surrender for whatever reason he wants. But if he surrendered because he is worried about a kid that he "heard" exists and is supposedly his, and ignores the fact that the child is Walder Frey's key to running Riverrun legitimately...

No.

Riverrun was given to the Freys. They don't need Edmure for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    No.

Riverrun was given to the Freys. They don't need Edmure for anything.
    That actually doesn't even change anything. Delete that part and what do we have.

Jaime Lannister. The Kingslayer and a guy you clearly feel has shit for honor, telling you that the woman you banged once got pregnant with your son. A son you have not seen or heard about at all from no one. Not one person mentioned to you that you have a kid or even that the chick was pregnant or now is a mother.

But you believe Jaime Lannister. A guy that is trying to take back your castle and get you to help.

Good Job Edmure. You're brilliant.

Edit: Like I said. I am sure he had other reasons, but if the threat on his son (that may or may not exist) was a factor. the guy is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post

Of course he has a son. They know Edmure won't live forever. It gives the Frey family the Tully bloodline and all their lands while they groom the son to be a Frey at heart.

Daenerys. Who no longer has anyone to oppose her claim.