Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    For men, yes. Women are more about a narrative and personal qualities.
    The difference between men and women here is not so much what they're attracted to as much as it is what they'll say they're attracted to.

This study is about friendship, not sexual relationships. Has nothing to do with attraction, we already know guys that seem more feminine tend to have a lot more friends.

It's a good idea to read the actual text and not just the title.

Deleted
    Kek, emotional tampons and beta orbiters 1.8x more likely to get friendzoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Ok so is the .8 grill a short girl? Armed with knowledge I can go to school and get all the grills. Granted that would be incredibly illegal at 34
    The concept of averages, an endless source of mediocre puns and jokes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starquake View Post
    Kek, emotional tampons and beta orbiters 1.8x more likely to get friendzoned.
    Now that is reading between the lines! Hadn't looked at the article that way, but it makes sense, lol.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

There's a large gap between being a beta-enabler and a stereotypical macho douchebag. Women want neither. Being a stereotypical beta who hangs onto women and coddles ratchet behavior is not showing empathy at all. It's simply a very poor strategy for getting women to sleep with you. It's that white knight BS we all laugh at.
    Last edited by dd614; 2016-06-14 at 04:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Cringes at the beta and alpha bullshit*

I don't see anyone here leading any packs. None of us are "Alphas", just conceited.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    *Cringes at the beta and alpha bullshit*

I don't see anyone here leading any packs. None of us are "Alphas", just conceited.
    Heh, on the face of it trying to claim the title of "Alpha" while posting on an Internet forum attached to a website devoted to online role-playing games seems kind of... odd. I'd think a self-professed "Alpha" would rather be out degreasing an engine or practicing their MMA chops in their own backyard octagon. Stereotypical, perhaps, but the idea of machismo in a website forum for video games seems ludicrous.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I don't know, I'm pretty passive and empathetic and I have had some great relationships. I'm not a pushover though, if I don't like something, if I don't feel comfortable, I will politely make it apparent.

Deleted
    Why would you want to attract 1.8 girls if all you need is 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Empathy will get you friendzoned, and if it ever works, it won't be with that hot chick you wanted.
    A better advice would be to start exercising, getting rich, or both.
    Last edited by Sforza; 2016-06-14 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    There's a large gap between being a beta-enabler and a stereotypical macho douchebag. Women want neither. Being a stereotypical beta who hangs onto women and coddles ratchet behavior is not showing empathy at all. It's simply a very poor strategy for getting women to sleep with you. It's that white knight BS we all laugh at.
    Most girls want a douchebag they can "change". Not all, but most.

10+ Year Old Account
    attract more friends (who are girls) not "girlfriends". This has nothing to do with sexual attraction or people pursuing sexual relationships. But yes its pretty common sense that women would gravitate to more empathetic people (men and women) whereas men won't care either way because we are raised to not be outwardly emotional and not rely on others to vent our frustrations to.

I'm empathetic but I never know what to do with my additional 0.8 of a girlfriend

Deleted
    Boys high in cognitive empathy attracted an average of 1.8 more girl friendships than low
    empathy counterparts, as revealed by a landmark study,*“When Empathy Matters: The Role of
    Sex and Empathy in Close Friendships.”
    Moral: Dont be a pussy, get the pussy.

10+ Year Old Account
    They get more girlfriends because more girls breka up with them.
    You're a towel.

Chad he's friendzoned
    Chad also has time to take a stupid survey

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuminance View Post
    I'm empathetic but I never know what to do with my additional 0.8 of a girlfriend
    Oh there is plenty you can do with .8 of a girl.

So basically this study found that girls were more likely to say nice guys were their friends?
    Well no fucking shit.

Sorry if that's been repeated over and over for the last 6 pages, I'm sure it has.