Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Wow, i just read the BIIIG Announcements. It was so clear Sparty and toweliee are full of shit again.
    Can't trust paladins man
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

So what news? I don't see anything "new"
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    As for the matter at hand, my biggest disappointment is the fact NONE of the streamers had the balls to ask what is devil is going on with the PvP situation. No new world PvP area and no new BGs which is quite inexcusable since we have not had a new BG since Mists of frigging Pandaria. Then you have the beta testing itself which for the first time in the history of the game has made me want to cancel my preorder for a WoW expansion. PvP is virtually unplayable right now thanks to the situation with Rogues and especially Blood DKs. Meanwhile nothing has been done to remedy this is in over a month on top of absolutely zero communication from the developers during this period.

Of course, none of the streamers/"interviewers" want to touch on this matter because they are all frightened about biting the hand that feeds them. I am not saying they needed to kick the doors in like the U.S Marshals but not one of them had the balls to ask something like "So the state of PvP on the beta right now is something I am sure you didn't expect. Can we hope for a damage pass or some correspondence from Holinka (or whoever) sometime soon?". As a result, the general sentiment is the PvP issue is being swept under the rug and Friday's display at play-journalism was an attempt at a smoke screen pertaining to that.

Granted, I admittedly am coming from a purely an active PvPer's standpoint but I rather leave issues the PvE fanbase may have to someone more qualified.
    I'm pretty sure none of them asked about PVP because Slootbag, Towellie & Sparty (plus others) are all raiders. In the same way if you were to interview you probably wouldn't ask anything about PVE like "how many raid tiers do we get?"
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2016-06-13 at 06:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleaa View Post
    Noone ask for prepatch date?

Blizzard should get rid streamers of from company stuff. Atm its looking like mutually advantageous terms. Blizzard give you a ton of advertising, streamrs give them ton of good reviews. This thread show it. Same with curse app.
    It was asked and blizzard said they dont know when the date for prepatch is. They said it has changed multiple times so far and is still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So what news? I don't see anything "new"
    Nothing new, it was falsely hyped up
    Last edited by metzger84; 2016-06-13 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    If that was my only source of income I'd be pretty depressed about it. If I'm being honest. I hold myself to much higher standards in real life. My hobbies/interests are side things. And it's my belief that they should stay that way for everyone. Society needs people to contribute. Streaming isn't contribution. It's essentially stealing.
    Lol that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Nobody is forced to donate to streamers or give them revenue. They do it willingly. How on earth are they stealing anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I think you will find there is quite the divide between your average streamer and a "dedicated", professional journalist.

Not to say they have had the greatest role-models in the gaming industry based on the last few years but there is very, VERY few I would see approaching the matter like a professional journalist and not a mouthpiece for Blizzard.
    Streamers aren't journalists and are not bound to their code of ethics. Plus game journalists aren't exactly known as a paragon of integrity.

Still, they could rise to the occasion and clearly inform their audience, with lots of children, teenagers and young adults, whenever what they are showing was paid in part or in full by a company, whenever there is product placement or other advertising consideration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting that we really got nothing revealed this friday, yet people are writing in this thread till this day, arguing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    At least you admitted it. People that stream to make money are a joke. Get a job.
    What's the difference between sitting at a desk 9-5 compared to streaming? Oh that's right, streaming is harder - much harder. But a clueless mind wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    What's the difference between sitting at a desk 9-5 compared to streaming? Oh that's right, streaming is harder - much harder. But a clueless mind wouldn't understand.
    Streaming being hard....holy shit my sides

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Yeah I really hope that was some sarcasm because good lord if it wasn't.

What job(s) are you comparing streaming to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead and try streaming. It pays very well and hey, it's super easy I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    What job(s) are you comparing streaming to?
    Hell, any job that isn't physically enticing isn't much harder than streaming - if not easier. Obviously not discrediting being a Doctor, Engineer, Computer Coder, etc...but your normal 9-5 sit at a desk and take phone calls, pay roll...fast food jobs, and many others. You walk into jobs with immediate pay/salary. Being a good steamer, well, that's an uphill battle from the start.

Edit: Some people are misconstruing the term "Hard". There are many ways any job can be daunting. For good streamers, it's sitting there playing the same game for months on end and getting 3 viewers. More months go by and you're finally getting 80-100 viewers, but it's still not paying amazing. Not to mention having to be interactive, fun and entertaining 8-12+ hours a day - it can be exhausting.

Also, if you miss a DAY when starting up, it can be very detrimental to your viewer count. Oh, and streaming doesn't get health care benefits, bonuses, vacation time - no...you have to stream every single day for 8-12+ hours until you're popular enough to take days off...and even then...if you miss too much - people will find someone else that isn't missing as many days and you will lose viewers/profit.

In the end, if streaming wasn't hard as many of you are discrediting it not to be, then everyone and their mother would be streaming and cashing in.

If you want to respond to me after reading this and try to refute my understanding of why it's hard to be a streamer...if you could so kindly leave your age/employment in the text....I can then gauge either where you're coming from or how much of an idiot you really are.
    Last edited by Vorality; 2016-06-14 at 05:22 AM.

Go ahead and try streaming. It pays very well and hey, it's super easy I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Hell, any job that isn't physically enticing isn't much harder than streaming - if not easier. Obviously not discrediting being a Doctor, Engineer, Computer Coder, etc...but your normal 9-5 sit at a desk and take phone calls, pay roll...fast food jobs, and many others. You walk into jobs with immediate pay/salary. Being a good steamer, well, that's an uphill battle from the start.

Edit: Some people are misconstruing the term "Hard". There are many ways any job can be daunting. For good streamers, it's sitting there playing the same game for months on end and getting 3 viewers. More months go by and you're finally getting 80-100 viewers, but it's still not paying amazing. Not to mention having to be interactive, fun and entertaining 8-12+ hours a day - it can be exhausting.

Also, if you miss a DAY when starting up, it can be very detrimental to your viewer count. Oh, and streaming doesn't get health care benefits, bonuses, vacation time - no...you have to stream every single day for 8-12+ hours until you're popular enough to take days off...and even then...if you miss too much - people will find someone else that isn't missing as many days and you will lose viewers/profit.

In the end, if streaming wasn't hard as many of you are discrediting it not to be, then everyone and their mother would be streaming and cashing in.

If you want to respond to me after reading this and try to refute my understanding of why it's hard to be a streamer...if you could so kindly leave your age/employment in the text....I can then gauge either where you're coming from or how much of an idiot you really are.
    Playing a video game for 8-12 hours while you rake in donations and subs so exhausting Kappa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing a video game for 8-12 hours while you rake in donations and subs so exhausting Kappa.
    Look at how many people are streaming on twitch at any one time.
    Majority of them have not many viewers. It might be easy to 'do' the job, but it's not easy to score a viewerbase, especially the right ones that want to donate to you, and to keep up the persona to keep them interested.

If you all think it's so easy, I don't understand why you're not all streaming for the 'easy life, lotsa money'. Oh wait, you're probably all unlikable individuals and no one would want to watch you.

More OT: I don't understand why you whiners are angry at the streams. He said he had news for Legion, he said he couldn't talk about it until the NDA broke, he revealed over 1 hour of Legion news, that was obviously under an NDA, it's not his fault Blizzard kept it that way. Just like usual, the playerbase hyped it up, and like usual, you get angry because you felt 'lied to' and 'betrayed'. But keep it up!
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Update: it was three raid tiers and an extra dungeon. "Something special" my arse.
    Actually, I was surprised there was going to be 3 raid tiers.

This means that they are going back to the two year model... it's all about if they can actually set loose the second team to start on the next expansion early enough to keep it at two years... or are they gonna stretch it to 2.5 next time?

You can't just play video games. Lots of people who stream as a hobby already do that and make no money. You have to be entertaining as well. Sometimes you have to put on a face and be someone who you aren't. If you really want to make the big bucks you go beyond streaming and monetize videos on youtube. You learn to edit videos, buy software and equipment. I am not going to say streaming is "hard". I am going to say it's involved. I will also say to actually be successful at it it takes dedication and motivation, much of which needs to be self generated as you are your own boss.

There are a ton of people who stream just for fun, as a hobby or with/for friends. That isn't hard. That doesn't take any sort of dedication. But if you want to actually make good money from it, it is far more involved and time consuming than most people realize.

How did this thread turn into a streaming discussion? Honestly, I was just curious what is still going on in here but I certainly didn't expect this much off topic.

Deleted
    this thread should be locked as we know what the news is/was and its out of date now and its going completely offtopic with the streaming thing

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    How did this thread turn into a streaming discussion? Honestly, I was just curious what is still going on in here but I certainly didn't expect this much off topic.
    Because some people got butt hurt that news they were wanting didn't actually get revealed and that the interviewers (streamers) didn't have the kahonas to ask about those things. Said streamer defended himself, shit went sideways.