Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I think you got that thing wrong. When the token was <20k people were buying it like crazy, there were more people playing the game back then so more people were buying/selling tokens. Ever since then the price for token has been increasing while the number of players has dropped thus less people were selling/buying tokens. The price atm is close to 100k ( last time i checked it was more than 90k ) do you really think less number of players are selling tokens for gold than players actually buying them?

It is less than 50k on my medium server. Why do you think it's higher on yours?

So since you have all that gold... how many tokens are you going to buy with money and sell for more gold?

How many tokens are you going to buy with gold to play for "free"?

Why do you think there is going to be more people buying with cash, thus creating a drop in price?

You do know that goldsellers still exist that are way underselling WoWs "exchange rate"?

The price has risen because less people are needing gold and not buying tokens to sell. People have plenty of gold so are willing to play higher prices f ortokens because it's meaningless against their millions. The thing that raises cost is how fast they sell... and they are selling fast.

WHen LEgion pre-patch and expansion hit... people will come back to game and simply buy a gold token at the log in screen. Way more than people will log in and buy tokens to sell. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by raindance View Post
    So let's do the math.

Every expansion, we're talking about MILLIONS of returning players. I think its safe to say that everyone would like to play for free (whether they can afford to matters also obviously, but let's just talk about demand here). People who can afford to are not going to buy just ONE token. They will want to stay subbed for a few months. So we are talking about MULTI MILLION tokens worth of demand.

Many people I know of personally stopped playing mid WOD. More than enough time to accumulate gold, and I know some are sitting on hundreds of thousands of gold to greater than a mil.

Will there the same number of supply in tokens? I seriously doubt it. So my prediction: WOW token price will only go up and keep going up.
    You are not looking at this from a global player base perspective - you are looking at this from your perspective. I think people have to realize that despite gold being "easy" to get in WoD, it is still a very small overall % of the entire player base that are now gold millionaires that refuse to pay $$ for a WoW sub. There are many more "casual" players (and by casual I mean those that play for < 20 hours a week, not someone who doesn't raid Mythic) than you think...and those casual players do not have hundreds of thousands of gold to spend on tokens. They work, they pay their measly 3 beers/lattes/lunches/whatever worth of money a month for a subscription, and some even decide to speed up their progression by buying a few tokens for a chunk of gold that would have taken them weeks to accumulate. A new expansion is going to significantly increase the demand for gold that will far outstrip the hardcore players that want to play for free. Will the token increase in price over time? Of course it will...but it is currently massively inflated due to the free garrison gold and lack of demand for token gold. As soon as the casuals come back for Legion and the garrison gold goes away, the token prices will adjust downward before crawling back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    All servers have the same price, the only difference is between regions...
    Atm on Eu servers the price is 87,437g

So since you have all that gold... how many tokens are you going to buy with money and sell for more gold?
    I have close to 6mill gold + 1mill in mounts/pets and mats so I don't need to buy tokens for cash and sell

How many tokens are you going to buy with gold to play for "free"?
    I bought 5 few weeks ago, I am set for Legion. If the price goes up I wont buy them for gold, especially not in Legion when they are going to increase cap to 10mill - 1 copper.....

Why do you think there is going to be more people buying with cash, thus creating a drop in price?
    Simple. I have yet to see " There are no tokens available " when I open that tab on AH. That tells me there are more people selling them than buying them ( for gold via AH ) at any given time. If you trust Blizzard they are not generating any of them, the only way they can be purchased with gold is if someone bought it for cash.

You do know that goldsellers still exist that are way underselling WoWs "exchange rate"?
    Ofc since people are not willing to overpay something. Inflation of over 500% is crazy.

The price has risen because less people are needing gold and not buying tokens to sell. People have plenty of gold so are willing to play higher prices f ortokens because it's meaningless against their millions. The thing that raises cost is how fast they sell... and they are selling fast.
    Again if people don't need gold so they are spending it for tokens at one point there wont be any tokens on AH, so far we have plenty of them at any given time. That says more people are infact selling tokens for gold than spending gold to buy tokens. If people don't need gold you wont see any token on Ah or buying one would be like hunting rare mob with insane respawn time ( Galleon for example )

WHen LEgion pre-patch and expansion hit... people will come back to game and simply buy a gold token at the log in screen. Way more than people will log in and buy tokens to sell. Wait and see.
    I know more than handful of players who stopped playing WoW months ago with tokens in their inventory, tokens bought for 40k or less. And again, not many will have 100k or more gold, judging by the polls we have seen here there are not many players who have 500k let alone over a million gold.

Yes gold is easy to farm, you can make 300k per month EZ but that's still less than you were able to make 6 months ago when mats were selling for 2k ( Savage Blood for example that goes for 60g now ) or 600g for Felblight that sells for 100g now.

The token is regional - that 50k is ALL of NA. They are referring to EU, which is closer to 100k. It has nothing to do with the population of your realm - your medium realm could have 100 tokens being sold or it could have 0.

I think it goes to a lot of people heads that everyone on here acts like all are millionaires in wow now when it's not really the case at all. When the millions of people that the start of an exp brings come back in the prices will drop.

On that lots of people like to believe that most still playing are on the token but if that were true there wouldn't be enough tokens for all to buy. Here's the other thing if people here are right and the price just keeps going up because there's so much demand they're going to run out of product in that scenario. If most of the people that come back really try and go token only then there just won't be enough tokens for all.

I think if anything the prepatch may have a small raise in cost but the exp will drop it. Because people that are unsure will want to come in see if the game is worth it at all. While if someone is willing to buy the exp they aren't in that I'll just try it out for a month mindset, and this is keeping in mind the fact that most do not have tons of gold where paying with the token full time isn't a real option.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-06-14 at 05:15 PM.

I think you got that thing wrong. When the token was <20k people were buying it like crazy, there were more people playing the game back then so more people were buying/selling tokens. Ever since then the price for token has been increasing while the number of players has dropped thus less people were selling/buying tokens. The price atm is close to 100k ( last time i checked it was more than 90k ) do you really think less number of players are selling tokens for gold than players actually buying them? If the price for token is about 20e ( just an example ) and you were selling it for 20k do you really think there is going to be less people now then months ago who are trying to convert cash into gold that way? ? Hell if you could get 5x more gold for the same price there is going to be bigger supply than demand.
    The only reason why the price is so high is that Blizzard is artificially increasing it to spread the gold among players considering they fcked up with gold income. You can make less gold now from Garrisons than you were able to make before they reduced number of treasure missions and the reward from them. I was making 100k+ a week with 3 characters just from missions, now I make 150-200k with 15 characters per month....
    So I see a lot of "well this is how I think it's happening so that must be how it's happening" on both sides. Until either have numbers this is just really silly internet posturing.

The only reason why the price is so high is that Blizzard is artificially increasing it
    Yep, proven long time ago. Kappa.

Simple. I have yet to see " There are no tokens available " when I open that tab on AH. That tells me there are more people selling them than buying them ( for gold via AH ) at any given time.
    Not quite. All it tells you is that supply and demand are balanced. You have no data to tell whether there are 10 tokens in supply, 1000 or a million of them. Blizzard has that data and the algorithm adjusts prices based on thresholds they set. Something like if_supply/demand<1 then increasy_price_by X%. And it does that ahead of time, precisely for the reason you stated - to not allow 0 tokens on AH.

Again if people don't need gold so they are spending it for tokens at one point there wont be any tokens on AH, so far we have plenty of them at any given time.
    Again, we have no idea if there is "plenty" or barely more or equal to demand. If anything, judging by the upward price trend, there were less tokens than demand for many months now.

Without knowing any inside data whatsoever all we can do is assume a self balancing, automated system. I agree with you that many more people will be selling tokens than buying them at legion launch. People tend to overestimate the cost of gold to casuals. It takes many of them 1-2 hours of worktime to earn money for a token, while it will take them a few weeks or more to make 100k net gold by playing 1-2 hour a day in Legion.
    And there are many things to buy in legion. And they will be expensive.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2016-06-14 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Not quite. All it tells you is that supply and demand are balanced. You have no data to tell whether there are 10 tokens in supply, 1000 or a million of them. Blizzard has that data and the algorithm adjusts prices based on thresholds they set. Something like if_supply/demand<1 then increasy_price_by X%.
    We don't know that. We don't know anything except the price. We don't know who is selling the tokens nor who is buying them. And as for algorithm we can't be sure if there is any in place, only thing we know is that the price has been increasing for months...

Again, we have no idea if there is "plenty" or barely more or equal to demand. If anything, judging by the upward price trend, there were less tokens than demand for many months now.

Without knowing any inside data whatsoever all we can do is assume a self balancing, automated system. I agree with you that many more people will be selling tokens than buying them at legion launch. People tend to overestimate the cost of gold to casuals. It takes many of them 1-2 hours of worktime to earn money for a token, while it will take them a few weeks or more to make 100k net gold by playing 1-2 hour a day in Legion.
    And there are many things to buy in legion. And they will be expensive.

Again if there are less tokens for sale than people need them you wouldn't see tem on Ah from time because demand > supply

We don't know that. We don't know anything except the price. We don't know who is selling the tokens nor who is buying them. And as for algorithm we can't be sure if there is any in place, only thing we know is that the price has been increasing for months...
    No we actually do know that because it is stated on battlenet in official Blizzard posts explaining the system. Price adjustments are automated and based on supply and demand. If you want to call that a Blizzard lie, now is the time to provide your hard evidence.

Again if there are less tokens for sale than people need them you wouldn't see tem on Ah from time because demand > supply
    No.
    Here is where market trends come in. If the algorithm sees that demand started to overtake supply, it adjusts the price upwards, lowering demand. Whether it is set to days, weeks or hours ahead of potential shortage is anybody's guess.

No we actually do know that because it is stated on battlenet in official Blizzard posts explaining the system. Price adjustments are automated and based on supply and demand. If you want to call that a Blizzard lie, now is the time to provide your hard evidence.
    Yeah, and you believe EVERYTHING Blizzard is saying? Do you even believe when they say there are no Dupes?! Please.....

No.
    Here is where market trends come in. If the algorithm sees that demand started to overtake supply, it adjusts the price upwards, lowering demand. Whether it is set to days, weeks or hours ahead of potential shortage is anybody's guess.
    Just buy saying no doesnt mean you know are you talking about....

1. I believe blizzard more than I believe the random nameless you, that is for certain.
    2. We have yet to see anything from you indicating YOU know what you are talking about.

P.S. It has been observed long ago that token prices change at exactly every hour. Go on believing there is a guy clicking a button every 3600 seconds on the dot. Its probably the same guy that clicked the button in LOST every 108 minutes.
    Last edited by stevenho; 2016-06-14 at 08:13 PM.

Yeah, and you believe EVERYTHING Blizzard is saying? Do you even believe when they say there are no Dupes?! Please.....
    If Blizzard is generating tokens without sales to keep the market sated they are losing 15 bucks per token.

Tokens exist because they make Blizzard more money then a sub would. They are not undermining that by giving them away for free.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

It will work just like a stock market does. More people selling tokens than buying... price drops if more people are buying them with gold than selling then the price goes up.

I believe it falls on how much the average person had when they took a break before legion. If you are like me and was on the treasure hunter trait train from the beginning I had around 1MM between 5 toons. I think at first they will go up then down.

Enchanting stuff and profession mats are going to be INSANE expensive with so much gold around.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    It will work just like a stock market does. More people selling tokens than buying... price drops if more people are buying them with gold than selling then the price goes up.

I believe it falls on how much the average person had when they took a break before legion. If you are like me and was on the treasure hunter trait train from the beginning I had around 1MM between 5 toons. I think at first they will go up then down.

Enchanting stuff and profession mats are going to be INSANE expensive with so much gold around.
    Individual nodes rather then shared will increase supply (ofc no where near the level of pre MoP/WoD with the farm/garrison) and as always the market will simply adjust.
    If mats are more expensive the finished goods will be more expensive to match.

1. I believe blizzard more than I believe the random nameless you, that is for certain.
    2. We have yet to see anything from you indicating YOU know what you are talking about.

P.S. It has been observed long ago that token prices change at exactly every hour. Go on believing there is a guy clicking a button every 3600 seconds on the dot. Its probably the same guy that clicked the button in LOST every 108 minutes.
    Mentioning Lost means you are at least 25 years old, I would have guessed that people at that age use their brain much better..

You still need to answer me, Do you blindly believe their shitty lie " There are not dupe in WoW"? I bet you do...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    If Blizzard is generating tokens without sales to keep the market sated they are losing 15 bucks per token.

Tokens exist because they make Blizzard more money then a sub would. They are not undermining that by giving them away for free.
    Why would they lose anything? You are looking at that from the wrong angle. Let me put it like this. If there are 1000 tokens sold each day but there is a demand for 1100, those 100 players wouldnt be able to play that will remove them from game completely. Also if they sell generated token they remove gold from game, like BMAH but on a much larger scale, thus "fixing" the economy.
    If there is less supply than there is a demand for them then there is a chance not everyone would be able to buy them, also 500% ( or more ) inflation is just absurd, first token i bought was 15k....

I average between 7-9k from garrisons on a daily basis, about 20k from Kazzak weekly, about 25k from inscription ( Card of Omens ) each 7 days. That's more than 400k each month, just from that. I'm not counting my BS that make be about 6k each week, Tailors and alchemists + farming old content for pure gold and pets. There is an insane amount of gold floating around and there isnt any meaningful way of spending it. BMAH stuff don't show that often ( good stuff ) so the other way to reduce/transfer gold is to sell gametokens..
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-06-14 at 09:11 PM.

You still need to answer me
    Do I?

As I already said, your random nameless post < Blizzard post.
    All there is to it really. We can discuss it futher when you provide a slightest shred of evidence supporting your fictional opinions.

Do I?

As I already said, your random nameless post < Blizzard post.
    All there is to it really. We can discuss it futher when you provide a slightest shred of evidence supporting your fictional opinions.
    Oh now I know you are new to the game. So welcome to the World of Warcraft, stick around you can learn something about the game and how huge companies work...

Why would they lose anything? You are looking at that from the wrong angle. Let me put it like this. If there are 1000 tokens sold each day but there is a demand for 1100, those 100 players wouldnt be able to play that will remove them from game completely. Also if they sell generated token they remove gold from game, like BMAH but on a much larger scale, thus "fixing" the economy.
    If there is less supply than there is a demand for them then there is a chance not everyone would be able to buy them, also 500% ( or more ) inflation is just absurd, first token i bought was 15k....
    Some of those 100 might quit, but they were not paying anyway and some of those 100 will get a month of sub instead.
    Blizzard isnt going to lose out on actual $$ just to lower the total gold ingame.

Now I'm not saying Blizzard didn't tweak the price calculations since release (we can infact see the different when you compare US and EU launch) but to think they are making tokens to prevent sub losses. Hell no

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Project 501D13R View Post
    With legion coming a lot more people are going to be buying the wow token from both the AH and from blizz, gold is supposedly going to be harder to make come legion, all the planned gold sinks, I can't figure out if the price of the wow token is going to go up, down, or stay the same. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the price of the token in legion will be compared to now?
    Lots of crazy speculation in this thread.
    It'll go up until someone decides it's worth selling tokens for gold. The question is where's that breaking point that'll get players to throw down and buy gold.

More keen observers of the market know that just having a few hundred grand is more than enough for simply enjoying the game. If you care about buying gametime with gold, you'll want to buy now or just keep an eye on the rubber-banding prices. This's the first xpac launch with the token, so it's hard for anyone to accurately speculate.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt bet on that. The price now is retarded, it is 4x+ more expensive than when tokens went live. Considering less people are playing the game now thus there isnt as much need when they were new the price shouldn't go up, even more so considering the more players are willing to buy token for cash and sell for gold because they will get more from it.

That tells me price for gold is being controlled by Blizzard and not by supply/demand. If the price gets to insane amounts players will find the other way to get gametime - using trusted gold sellers and get it much cheaper...
    The price is currently higher because less people are playing. So there's less people buying it for gold because they don't need it. Add in the fact that during this content lull more people want the token instead paying money so the demand for the token is higher. Both of those factors make the price go UP.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222