Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Looked more like his interview time was up but that wouldnt make click bait, eh? ....
    A courteous interviewer would say something like "well, thanks for speaking to us but that's all we have time for - any final words?" Not just stand up all abruptly and be like "well... thanks, bye." You can see on Duncan's face that he wasn't expecting it.

Duncan also said on his twitter that he asked the man if he'd upset him, and the interviewer just gave "a bit of a rant and left"

https://twitter.com/Mucrush/status/742382916509028353

The interview didn't seem like bashy at all. Those were good questions that nudged out good answers, something that is fairly rare in modern world of lip-service.

The way the interview was ended though, was unprofessional.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The interview didn't seem like bashy at all. Those were good questions that nudged out good answers, something that is fairly rare in modern world of lip-service.

The way the interview was ended though, was unprofessional.
    I thought the interviewer looked pretty dumb when he asked about maps and shit. /shrug

In his example, there is literally nothing relevant, in any way, to the story of LOTR that is on a map.

Deleted
    This Video has been removed :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yeah I don't recall a map in LOTR movies and never really felt the need. We are here, bad guy there, lets go. Like...wtf would the map matter?
    The funny thing is there is a scene in the Two Towers (possibly the extended edition) where Faramir is talking to one of his soldiers, pointing to a map explaining where everything is. They put this in the movie specifically because they felt they didnt do a good enough job explaining where everything was.

Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    New link right under the old one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EVGAFAVOR View Post
    Use this link:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Link as posted previously: https://vid.me/6R4V
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    The funny thing is there is a scene in the Two Towers (possibly the extended edition) where Faramir is talking to one of his soldiers, pointing to a map explaining where everything is. They put this in the movie specifically because they felt they didnt do a good enough job explaining where everything was.
    But, unlike a lot of fantasy books, there is no point to the map. Like, there are no geographic concerns or anything of the sort. It's just bad guys over there, lets go get em.

7+ Year Old Account
    also i think part of the issue with why so little people saw it in US is the theaters fault, my town have 5 friends who wanted to see it but our theater refused to get it... chose TMNT 2.... >_> so we all watched it online.... and i was asking alot of my guildies and alot of them had to drive for like a hour to see it since none of their close theaters had it...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Yeah I don't recall a map in LOTR movies and never really felt the need. We are here, bad guy there, lets go. Like...wtf would the map matter?
    They do show you some maps at the beginning of the first movie, while the lore is being explained. The map matters but mostly in the third movie, to understand why the battle is taking place and what the stakes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    It really does feel the Movie was setup to fail in the US and i dont know why?

My local harkins theatre has 4 showings of the movie but nearly 10 showings of that fucking awful TMNT movie

There has been next to no promotion where i live and now we get these dbag critics like these storming off cause he got shot down cause most of his points was just BS.

Another poster once mentioned that maybe it was a bid to keep Blizzard out of Hollywood. No idea if there's any water to that, since its slightly tinfoil-hattish, but maybe there could be something to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also i think part of the issue with why so little people saw it in US is the theaters fault, my town have 5 friends who wanted to see it but our theater refused to get it... chose TMNT 2.... >_> so we all watched it online.... and i was asking alot of my guildies and alot of them had to drive for like a hour to see it since none of their close theaters had it...
    Really? That's odd. I saw the movie few days a go in a theater in this small town I live in. Why are the theaters refusing to get it?

I don't mind the questions, some honesty in how someone felt about the movie isn't a bad thing at all. What is however not okay is the guy walking out and apparently doing a rant as he does so according to Duncan.

Completely unprofessional.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Really? That's odd. I saw the movie few days a go in a theater in this small town I live in. Why are the theaters refusing to get it?
    alot of big money movies coming out at the same time that are much more popular in the masses

TMNT2
    Finding dory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    alot of big money movies coming out at the same time that are much more popular in the masses

TMNT2
    Finding dory
    Ah, I see. So they get the Warcraft movie later then?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    They do show you some maps at the beginning of the first movie, while the lore is being explained. The map matters but mostly in the third movie, to understand why the battle is taking place and what the stakes are.
    Really? I feel like impending doom mega army marching on the last bottleneck explains it just fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Ah, I see. So they get the Warcraft movie later then?
    doudt theaters will as once a movie is passed no one will want to see it so yeah... small theaters ussauly have to choose what movies to put over others all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Klixix View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree, the movie has several issues and Duncan just danced around the questions, "It's not what I wanted to do" is not an answer to "These points are weak in the movie". There's nothing establishing the orc race, there's stuff establishing Durotan and Doomhammer, but not their people. The acting on the human side is weak, the CGI is still in the uncanny valley stage (the scene with baby Thrall stood out). and the "That's just not what warcraft is" comment is entirely misplaced and can only be accepted if you choose to disregarded WC1 and 2. And let's not get started on all the cut script that would have really lifted the movie, such as Gul'dan's speech being cut short. In general the movie lacked a lot of establishin shot. All in all the movie comes off as a big "Eh, i just spend some time on it. I guess". It's the continuing trend of video game movies being "Meh".

There was no reason to continue the interview 'cause Duncan was just gonna dodge the questions instead of answering them, if it had been me I would have walked out too, it was entirely a waste of time. If anything this indicated that Mr Jones is either extremely insecure regarding the movie or is terrible at taking criticism.
    Honest question - Did you watch the movie?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Ignorance of what exactly, Quik?

Are you telling me I've seen a video game movie sometime in the past, liked it, and forgot?
    Well you might as well stop watching movies, because obviously a movie being bad means all movies are bad. You're basically judging something based on a broad generalization. That's the logical path you're taking, and it's ignorant.

I'm not gonna say you're gonna love or necessarily even enjoy the movie, but talking down on something you haven't seen is incredibly ignorant. A movie being 'good' or 'bad' isn't some repetitive factual thing you can predict through repetition. It's a completely subjective matter. Even if you hate pop music or hip hop, there could always be that one song that you might actually like.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-06-14 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Honest question - Did you watch the movie?

- - - Updated - - -

Well you might as well stop watching movies, because obviously a movie being bad means all movies are bad. You're basically judging something based on a broad generalization. That's the logical path you're taking, and it's ignorant.
    It's fair to say video game movies have yet to really be successful. That's just a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's fair to say video game movies have yet to really be successful. That's just a fact.
    Sure, but neither of the people who I quoted were making that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.