Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everyone else has to do it too. "Level playing field." Whatever dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is lame...

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    There is also a shoulder enchant that gives you the ability to loot bags from killing mobs that can have the bloods in them. Crafting MUST be gated in some way or the economy for crafting will bottom out faster than you can even imagine. Stop crying.
    atm its not gating professions atm its forcing people to take gathering proffesions which they hate just for sake of collecting bloods.

this system would make perfect sense if gaathering proffs were tertiary and independednt for secondary proffs this way it being bop wouldnt matter too much

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    atm its not gating professions atm its forcing people to take gathering proffesions which they hate just for sake of collecting bloods.

this system would make perfect sense if gaathering proffs were tertiary and independednt for secondary proffs this way it being bop wouldnt matter too much
    But Tailoring/Enchanting was self-sufficient before except buying some herbs or other stuff from the AH. It would not be fair if this combination would be split up because people with professions who have gathering complements (like Alchemy and Inscription with Herbalism and Mining for Blacksmithing, Engineering and Jewelcrafting) ditched them because of the Garrison. Tailoring/Enchanting was viable from Classic. To some extent, in this combination Tailoring IS the gathering profession to Enchanting, because you D/E excess products to get enchanting mats. And you have to farm cloth (or fur) from special mobs besides other materials to be able to tailor something.

I don't complain that I would not get that many BoS at my characters where I have decided to have 2 crafting professions - crafting as in creating items - (made this decision in Wrath, by the way). Two of my tailors will probably be idling in their professions, as their main professions are jewelcrafting and inscription. But with my main, I have had tailoring + enchanting since BC, have farmed MANY rare patterns, and being now viewed as "not viable" anymore is a finger from Blizzard towards all players with this profession combination. We already have lost out main source of income in enchanting when group D/E was introduced. Then they reduced the number of slots with enchantments. Now this? Fuck them. -.-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

I would be fine if they would open a 3rd profession slot. Then I would take skinning or herbalism for my tailor/enchanter.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have to have completed a certain gathering quest before you start collecting SargBloods? Or do you have to reach a certain gathering level before you start seeing them? Because my L110 beta Warrior has reached level 197 from gathering nodes and not seen a single Blood drop from any zone - not even Suramar, where i have basically spent all of my play the past two days. Nor have i ever seen one from the literal hundreds of ore basilisks that i have farmed. I do see them rarely from world quests, but ive not beeing going out of my way to take those because ive paid little attention to crafting in general.

Even in WoD you can start seeing Fellbloods right from L1 skill so long as youre picking from Tanaan.

Also of note, no craft/gathering profession combo is going to be self sufficient. Every crafting prof will require mats from multiple gathering profs in order to create even basic patterns.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-06-14 at 01:03 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I understand needing 1 gathering + 1 crafting and that's fine... but I have a serious question: What about Tailoring and Enchanting?

Neither has a gatherer that helps them, Tailoring used to be a feedback loop where having Tailoring gave you cloth scavenging which in turn allowed you to level tailoring. Enchanting has never had gathering associated with it.

So how does this work? Are there tailoring/Enchanting recipes that involve BoS? I imagine there has to be.

Also, are there any stat-perks for the professions? I.e. Do I need 2 profs to be optimal?

Sorry I'm chiming in a bit late and don't have time to necessarily read the entire discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    I understand needing 1 gathering + 1 crafting and that's fine... but I have a serious question: What about Tailoring and Enchanting?

Neither has a gatherer that helps them, Tailoring used to be a feedback loop where having Tailoring gave you cloth scavenging which in turn allowed you to level tailoring. Enchanting has never had gathering associated with it.

So how does this work? Are there tailoring/Enchanting recipes that involve BoS? I imagine there has to be.

Also, are there any stat-perks for the professions? I.e. Do I need 2 profs to be optimal?

Sorry I'm chiming in a bit late and don't have time to necessarily read the entire discussion.
    Bloods come from world quests too.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    As for fishing, yeah, I'm sorta fine w/ it, but wasting 1550 artifact power to get this trait is pain in the ass.
    It uses it's own AP system actually. But I'd forget about actually thinking fishing is going to be an easy way to get bloods. Virtually no one will get the artifact if it stays in it's current form. To even start the quest to obtain it you need to:
    - catch all of the rare fish added in the expansion (18 different ones)
    - catch all coins in the Dalaran fountain (56 different ones)

That coin achievement is a completely different one than the current one so you can't get that in advance. Oh, before I forget! You also need 800 fishing skill to start the quest, which I think is wrong. Personally I feel that meeting the other two criteria before reaching 800 skill should give you a FoS; "Luckiest boy/girl in Azeroth!"

Acquiring the artifact itself at that point seems easy enough as it's just a quest. But wait, you still need to level it up. To catch bloods you need 1550 AP. Catching a rare fish grants you a whopping 5 AP. So 310 rare fish after obtaining the artifact and you're good to go and can finally start fishing up those bloods.

There is a thread on the official Beta Forums for Blizzard that would be a very good place for all the feedback listed here. The thread over there is needing some more feedback as it has yet to get a Blue response.

It is located in the Legion Professions Feedback forum.

Sorry there is not a link leading to it, but because I am a forum n00b here I am not allowed to post any kinds of links, images, or videos. At least according to the message I got.

BoP is perfectly fine, for double gatherers they just need to add an NPC that trades bloods for something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Do you have to have completed a certain gathering quest before you start collecting SargBloods? Or do you have to reach a certain gathering level before you start seeing them? Because my L110 beta Warrior has reached level 197 from gathering nodes and not seen a single Blood drop from any zone - not even Suramar, where i have basically spent all of my play the past two days. Nor have i ever seen one from the literal hundreds of ore basilisks that i have farmed. I do see them rarely from world quests, but ive not beeing going out of my way to take those because ive paid little attention to crafting in general.

Even in WoD you can start seeing Fellbloods right from L1 skill so long as youre picking from Tanaan.

Also of note, no craft/gathering profession combo is going to be self sufficient. Every crafting prof will require mats from multiple gathering profs in order to create even basic patterns.
    From what I saw of a stream, you need to hit rank 3 for mining various nodes as the third rank gives the chance for the node to drop BoS. The ranks are gained via quest.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=1844...#ability-ranks for example

Bloods are for the most part gathered? How does it work for those with tailoring/enchanting? Since we dont really have a gathering skill besides killing and looting cloth to skill up then DE.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raining outside atm View Post
    I asked that question half a page above, I think the bottom line is we're SoL and have to do World Quests.

I am not happy the profession design for the expansion is "you are SoL".

Making dungeons a reasonable acquisition rate for bloods (compared to gathering) and add a "blood of sargareas vendor" would solve the "dual gathering/dual crafting are both screwed".

Adding a third profession slot to characters allowing 2 crafting and a gathering or 2 gathering and a crafting also solves the "changes in design have resulted in large numbers of people having professions that do not work with the design strategy".

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Ignore it because the crafts only go up to level 850 (and that's when upgraded 10 times) and you can find better in a freaking normal mode raid
    The solution of BOP is questionable, but despite all the rabble about "questlines", the devs crapped on the professions again, albeit in a different way.
    sounds like devs intend crafting this expac to be the way to gear FOR raids, not get gear better then raids

They can't be this ignorant to what this means. I bet we see something change. It has to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    BoP is perfectly fine, for double gatherers they just need to add an NPC that trades bloods for something useful.
    No, it isn't fine that I have to ditch either Blacksmithing or Engineering on my alt to get yet another one with Mining. That's one big fuck you if I have to do that, especially when the system up to this day pretty much encourages you to take double crafter on one of your alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    sounds like devs intend crafting this expac to be the way to gear FOR raids, not get gear better then raids
    Only 5-man heroics can get you the same ilvl and - most important - provide artefact points.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    It uses it's own AP system actually. But I'd forget about actually thinking fishing is going to be an easy way to get bloods. Virtually no one will get the artifact if it stays in it's current form. To even start the quest to obtain it you need to:
    - catch all of the rare fish added in the expansion (18 different ones)
    - catch all coins in the Dalaran fountain (56 different ones)

That coin achievement is a completely different one than the current one so you can't get that in advance. Oh, before I forget! You also need 800 fishing skill to start the quest, which I think is wrong. Personally I feel that meeting the other two criteria before reaching 800 skill should give you a FoS; "Luckiest boy/girl in Azeroth!"

Acquiring the artifact itself at that point seems easy enough as it's just a quest. But wait, you still need to level it up. To catch bloods you need 1550 AP. Catching a rare fish grants you a whopping 5 AP. So 310 rare fish after obtaining the artifact and you're good to go and can finally start fishing up those bloods.
    Pfft, piece of cake. Back in WotLK I did original coin achievement pretty fast, IIRC, it took me two days.

800/800 isn't even a requirement. However, 310 rare fish might be an issue.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-06-14 at 08:41 PM.

Deleted
    Profession system wasnt designed to be a double gatherer.
    Play the game as its designed or dont complain that it doesnt cater to your needs.