Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    6 skins with 4 colours, so you would need 24 differant druids to look the same
    Wow this looks like an awful lot of choice compared to the (figuratively) infinite combinations of transmogs available.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Wow this looks like an awful lot of choice compared to the (figuratively) infinite combinations of transmogs available.
    so why dont we add a glyph for feral/gaurdian druids to be able to not be in those forms...? (i would like this but it would be weird...)that would be fine, then we would have to worry about "oh their weapons" but right now that is not a plan so...

also not being able to change how your form looks, it being the same as allways since vanilla, were finally getting customization for the forms and now people are complaining about stuff outside of the forms
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

also not being able to change how your form looks, it being the same as allways since vanilla, were finally getting customization for the forms and now people are complaining about stuff outside of the forms
    We're gaining a little more control over one part of our appearance and losing the weapons we've been carrying 'allways since vanilla' in the process.

I'm not impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    so why dont we add a glyph for feral/gaurdian druids to be able to not be in those forms...? (i would like this but it would be weird...)that would be fine, then we would have to worry about "oh their weapons" but right now that is not a plan so...

People are only complaining because the artifacts are something druids have never used. If Feral/Guardian had been given a staff/polearm, even a completely generic one (like the current ones are), people wouldn't be complaining because they could transmog them to the weapons they've been using for years and not have to look like a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Rin View Post
    People are only complaining because the artifacts are something druids have never used. If Feral/Guardian had been given a staff/polearm, even a completely generic one (like the current ones are), people wouldn't be complaining because they could transmog them to the weapons they've been using for years and not have to look like a rogue.
    ^ All this marketing hot air about 'class fantasy' and artifacts enhancing it

and then they give us artifacts that have jack shit to do with our spec.... or class. A+

7+ Year Old Account
    you guys are complaining like your the only one being forced to a weapon type...
    demo lock forced to daggers/offhand so 1 option
    destro/affliction staves so 1 option
    dks frost 1 handed no 2h
    vengence dks forced to fist weapons instead of glaives
    surv hunters forced to melee polearm or stave
    assasination and sudelty are forced to daggers, combat forced to sword or maces
    resto and boomkin druids forced to staves, bear forced to fist, and cat to daggers, but both of those spend 90% of in forms
    fury warrior is forced to 2 handers
    elementle is forced to fist, resto is forced to hammer/axe and shield, and enchance is forced to 1 handed hammer or axe
    frost/arcane forced to just staves, where fire is stuck with sword/mace and offhand
    brewmaster is stuck with staff/polearm, windwalker with fists and mistweaver with staff or polearm
    holy pally forced into 2 handers.. something they have pretty much never used...
    holy and disc preists forced to staves, and shadow forced to dagger/offhand

notice how many of those are forced to one option?

- - - Updated - - -

^ All this marketing hot air about 'class fantasy' and artifacts enhancing it

and then they give us artifacts that have jack shit to do with our spec.... or class. A+
    and the reason they were daggers and claws was to fit with the animals that the forms are based on... the fangs of the cat... and the claws of the bear... so it makes sense that these match with them...

the forms are what matter 90% of the time, the weapon itself is not what you see most of the time, imagine how many people woudl be super pissed if they spent tons of time making tons of brand new weapon models, for the 10% of the time the druids spend out of form

notice how many of those are forced to one option?
    So two people just explained what their exact problem was, and then you invented a totally different argument to refute.

You have helped exactly nothing.

The point is xmog....My mage has an entire voidbank full of 1h/oh that are now useless.
    Id continue, but you obv wouldnt understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Those are the fields where the challenging and engaging raid mechanics for Classic are grown. See that they lay barren.

and the reason they were daggers and claws was to fit with the animals that the forms are based on... the fangs of the cat... and the claws of the bear... so it makes sense that these match with them...

the forms are what matter 90% of the time, the weapon itself is not what you see most of the time, imagine how many people woudl be super pissed if they spent tons of time making tons of brand new weapon models, for the 10% of the time the druids spend out of form
    So your argument is now the weapon itself doesn't matter but it does because cat but it doesn't because you can't see it and that's why it must be a thing that no one can see.

Either it doesn't matter or it does. Pick one.

7+ Year Old Account
    So your argument is now the weapon itself doesn't matter but it does because cat but it doesn't because you can't see it and that's why it must be a thing that no one can see.

Either it doesn't matter or it does. Pick one.
    what? im saying the weapon fits into the spec because its based on the spirit god that the specs are based on, what kinda polearm could be based on those animals? "wishbone of ashmane" and "cock of ursoc" ?

no the fangs of the biting cat, and claws of the swatting bear

but the weapon itself does not need to have 24 differant looks like other weapons, since you barly see it, and you can still mog them to any daggers you like.

10+ Year Old Account

No one's asking for new weapon models for Feral/Guardian (in fact, I just said the opposite). They should just be a weapon type that we've always used so we can continue transmogging them to whatever weapon we prefer using, not something completely new.

And to be fair, I think fists fit the theme well. I just don't like daggers and never have, and have avoided playing a rogue for nine years with that being one of the major reasons. I don't want to be forced to look like a rogue on my druid too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokesTooMuch View Post
    The point is xmog....My mage has an entire voidbank full of 1h/oh that are now useless.
    Id continue, but you obv wouldnt understand.
    you have plenty of time to go get alot of the awesome fist weapons transmog, if you wish, you can send me your current mog and i can maybe help you find fist weapons/daggers to match :P i do alot of tmog for my guild mates

what? im saying the weapon fits into the spec because its based on the spirit god that the specs are based on, what kinda polearm could be based on those animals? "wishbone of ashmane" and "cock of ursoc" ?

no the fangs of the biting cat, and claws of the swatting bear

but the weapon itself does not need to have 24 differant looks like other weapons, since you barly see it, and you can still mog them to any daggers you like.
    You're still trying to have it both ways. Either the appearance of the weapon matters or it doesn't.

"It has to be a fist weapon because that makes sense but it's okay because no one sees it." lol

If my bear can have stupid wooden armor strapped to it for Incarnation, it can have a stupid big floppy dong strapped to it too.

Or is 'class fantasy' only important when it suits what Blizzard wants.

- - - Updated - - -

you have plenty of time to go get alot of the awesome fist weapons transmog, if you wish, you can send me your current mog and i can maybe help you find fist weapons/daggers to match :P i do alot of tmog for my guild mates
    lol "don't worry no one can see it here I'll make it look better"

gg mate

7+ Year Old Account
    No one's asking for new weapon models for Feral/Guardian (in fact, I just said the opposite). They should just be a weapon type that we've always used so we can continue transmogging them to whatever weapon we prefer using, not something completely new.

And to be fair, I think fists fit the theme well. I just don't like daggers and never have, and have avoided playing a rogue for nine years with that being one of the major reasons. I don't want to be forced to look like a rogue on my druid too.
    well yes i agree it is weird they are getting weapons they never used (holy paladins, survival hunter say hi) and i do think daggers should be able to be mogged to swords, but fists weapon are a thing on their own and should stay

and yes the weapons do match a theme, the claws and fangs of the cat, the paws, hide, and claws of the bear, it does suck these weapons are being limited to such things but you cant deny feral and bears spend most of them time in their forms, if they had glyphs to allow them to tank/dps well in "human form" would make this a MUCH larger issue and i would be here chanting with you guys

- - - Updated - - -

You're still trying to have it both ways. Either the appearance of the weapon matters or it doesn't.

"It has to be a fist weapon because that makes sense but it's okay because no one sees it." lol

If my bear can have stupid wooden armor strapped to it for Incarnation, it can have a stupid big floppy dong strapped to it too.

Or is 'class fantasy' only important when it suits what Blizzard wants.

- - - Updated - - -

lol "don't worry no one can see it here I'll make it look better"

gg mate
    im saying lore wise and style wise the weapons matter, but appereance wise it does not, also if they were just polearms i bet people would be complaining "ALL 4 DRUID ARTIFACTS ARE STAVES, THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

now that i think about it maybe a polearm with lets say a bunch of fangs alone it, allmost like killrogs jaw bone weapon, but idk what the F a bear "staff" would look like

also im saying if it REALLY hurts him that much, whatever ,he might as well find something to go with it

10+ Year Old Account
    well mounted? since when do druids mount? and when do druids leave their form when out of combat...?

- - - Updated - - -

if wow can last 12 years why cant FFXIV, i dare you to as kthem that
    FFXI lasted for 14 years with less subscribers and FFXIV is going on 6 years (3 with the relaunch) with more. Seems about right, I'm on that shit, yo!

Still doesn't answer why Blizzard is lazy as fuck and can't change how certain weapons work though. :P
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2016-06-14 at 08:16 PM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

im saying lore wise and style wise the weapons matter, but appereance wise it does not, also if they were just polearms i bet people would be complaining "ALL 4 DRUID ARTIFACTS ARE STAVES, THIS IS BULLSHIT!"
    lol sure jan. good thing we're able to use more than just staves, I guess.

now that i think about it maybe a polearm with lets say a bunch of fangs alone it, allmost like killrogs jaw bone weapon, but idk what the F a bear "staff" would look like
    Well I've got about 12 years of them saved up so I think their art department might be capable, if you aren't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    FFXI lasted for 14 years with less subscribers and FFXIV is going on 6 years (3 with the relaunch) with more. Seems about right, I'm on that shit, yo!

Still doesn't answer why Blizzard is lazy as fuck and can't change how certain weapons work though. :P
    mostly because fist weapons have so many differant styles, from glaives up the arms, to fists on the side of the hand, meaning they would have to set "this is where this item will sit on the hip" for all fist weapons, and i guess they dont see that as worth the time, as the issue is even with that, these weapons will do alot of clipping

10+ Year Old Account
    well yes i agree it is weird they are getting weapons they never used (holy paladins, survival hunter say hi) and i do think daggers should be able to be mogged to swords, but fists weapon are a thing on their own and should stay

and yes the weapons do match a theme, the claws and fangs of the cat, the paws, hide, and claws of the bear, it does suck these weapons are being limited to such things but you cant deny feral and bears spend most of them time in their forms, if they had glyphs to allow them to tank/dps well in "human form" would make this a MUCH larger issue and i would be here chanting with you guys
    Holy paladins have had two-handed mace options before (very rarely, but it's still been possible), and two-handed maces are a big part of paladin fantasy in general. Hunters used two-handed weapons for a long time before bows were moved to the melee slot. Neither of those are exactly new, only having a focus on them is new.

They could've filled the "theme" of claws/fangs with a staff or polearm instead, though. When I first heard that the Feral artifact was called the "Fangs of Ashamane" I thought it would be a polearm with the fangs as the blades. And even then, the current daggers look nothing like teeth so a generic polearm wouldn't need to either.

And yes, I can deny that Feral/Guardian spend "most of their time" in form. I've been playing a druid since mid-BC. Most of my time is not spent in form. All of my time in combat is spent in form, yes, and that is a large chunk of game time, but not the majority. A lot of time is spent in cities or traveling while mounted or just doing general things that aren't combat-related and don't require being in form.

7+ Year Old Account
    lol sure jan. good thing we're able to use more than just staves, I guess.

Well I've got about 12 years of them saved up so I think their art department might be capable, if you aren't.
    and you dont have 12 years of fists gathered?

3 examples of druid fists i have found that would be nice (aswell as the base fist weapons allready looking rather nice)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=18203/es...64#modelviewer
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=37693/gr...64#modelviewer
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=91745/ma...64#modelviewer
    and even more based on colour/armor, these are just ones i found that look like the "general druid"

- - - Updated - - -

Holy paladins have had two-handed mace options before (very rarely, but it's still been possible), and two-handed maces are a big part of paladin fantasy in general. Hunters used two-handed weapons for a long time before bows were moved to the melee slot. Neither of those are exactly new, only having a focus on them is new.

They could've filled the "theme" of claws/fangs with a staff or polearm instead, though. When I first heard that the Feral artifact was called the "Fangs of Ashamane" I thought it would be a polearm with the fangs as the blades. And even then, the current daggers look nothing like teeth so a generic polearm wouldn't need to either.

And yes, I can deny that Feral/Guardian spend "most of their time" in form. I've been playing a druid since mid-BC. Most of my time is not spent in form. All of my time in combat is spent in form, yes, and that is a large chunk of game time, but not the majority. A lot of time is spent in cities or traveling while mounted or just doing general things that aren't combat-related and don't require being in form.
    yeah very rarely, now forced into it, also not for holy, holy ussually used 1 handed maces, uther for example, 2 handed hammer is general for ret
    and then were never used, so most hunters dropped off their weapons, and have been without one for many years now

yes the fangs as blades would be cool, but i dont even know how a small stick could look like a large meaty bear, without it just being a massive object...

and yes but those are for not in combat, where weapons are not really thrown about anyways

10+ Year Old Account
    yes the fangs as blades would be cool, but i dont even know how a small stick could look like a large meaty bear, without it just being a massive object...

and yes but those are for not in combat, where weapons are not really thrown about anyways
    It doesn't have to look like a bear. It doesn't have to look like anything. Feral's daggers are pretty generic looking. It should just have been a proper weapon type.