Found a fix here.
    Looks like the game isn't loading '.tga' but is loading '.tga' renamed '.blp' just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Found a fix here.
    Looks like the game isn't loading '.tga' but is loading '.tga' renamed '.blp' just fine.
    Well that's weird. I'll give it a go later on today.

Thumbs up

The font used (at least on my discplay, 1600x900) is really damn small to start off with (custamisable though so no biggy, just annoying :P).

Add an option, like on recount, to reset data during the start of an instance/new group (I'm forgetful)... Or more preferably, automatic sectioning of different instances so that different group's dps isn't linked together overall. With toggles of course, who doesn't want a toggle? The ability to delete a combatant as well would be nice.

The one feature that makes me want to use this over recount, is the fact you can right click and see what you want to see instead of clicking 500+ arrows.

What makes me want to use recount is that recount is much more simple. Maybe make the layout a bit more intuitive/more like recount? It's much more simple. I mean, it's literally just install, /recount toggle and go.

Cheers,
    Jack.

Edit: Oh, and the pre-pots thing is fantastic. Love that. Specially as a RL.
    Last edited by goldenguyz; 2016-06-09 at 07:49 AM.

I found an easy way to get Details, and other addons, textures to work on the Alpha.

Download Notepad ++, Launch it, Go to Search at the top, Find in Files, and in the Find What: section type .tga, in the Replace with: section type .blp, for the Directory section navigate to your Addons folder, yes, the Addons folder, not just Details if you want to fix all your mods texture issue, then click Replace in Files button at the top right of that window. It'll search through all of your addon files for any .tga and replace it with .blp. At the bottom left once it's done should say how many files it replaced.

Now you open up a Command Prompt, navigate to your Addons folder again, you can do this by copying the path to your addons folder and typing:
    Code:
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft Alpha\Interface\AddOns"
    *THAT IS MY PATH! FIND OUT YOUR OWN! Then type:
    Code:
    forfiles /S /M *.tga /C "cmd /c rename @file @fname.blp"
    This will take a few seconds but it'll be done once it brings up a new line.

After the last update I've seen new Custom mods appearing.

I didn't had the change to see the results of the leechCalc yet (specially not compared to the WA that is floating around regarding t he leech trinket) How accurate is it and does it know how much leech a player has by himself?

Also noticed the 2 Tabs for focus damage named {skull}Target dmg and {moon}Target dmg. Is there a way to set up my own custom Marks it has to track? If, for example we mark with skull and cross in our raid? Or for what ever reason ever.

Sooo .. why is details r516 on live asking me for a password? :O

Hello,

I've been using Details for the past month or so as a kind of replacement for my scrolling combat text. I just wanted to add a few suggestions for the author of things that I'd like to see that would help.

1.) Ability to make a window click through. (I apologize if this functionality is already there, please let me know where if so!) I am using this to replace my combat text, I like it towards the middle of my screen, however, despite setting the window alpha to 0 and making the frame as small as could be I still accidentally click it!

2.) Is there any way you could add a way to change how DPS is calculated? I would like something that gives my DPS over a set interval( i.e. 10 seconds) so I can monitor my damage output during certain phases of a fight or with certain buffs. I would be cool if there was a little slider to adjust the interval.

Thank you for an amazing addon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenguyz View Post
    Add an option, like on recount, to reset data during the start of an instance/new group (I'm forgetful)... Or more preferably, automatic sectioning of different instances so that different group's dps isn't linked together overall. With toggles of course, who doesn't want a toggle? The ability to delete a combatant as well would be nice.
    There is an option at /details options > Display > 'Erase Data'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arieth View Post
    I found an easy way to get Details, and other addons, textures to work on the Alpha.
    Yep, latest version has .blp extension, but now it already is working with .tga thgh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravnac View Post
    Sooo .. why is details r516 on live asking me for a password? :O
    wait... what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grindlewald View Post
    Hello,

I've been using Details for the past month or so as a kind of replacement for my scrolling combat text. I just wanted to add a few suggestions for the author of things that I'd like to see that would help.

1.) Ability to make a window click through. (I apologize if this functionality is already there, please let me know where if so!) I am using this to replace my combat text, I like it towards the middle of my screen, however, despite setting the window alpha to 0 and making the frame as small as could be I still accidentally click it!

2.) Is there any way you could add a way to change how DPS is calculated? I would like something that gives my DPS over a set interval( i.e. 10 seconds) so I can monitor my damage output during certain phases of a fight or with certain buffs. I would be cool if there was a little slider to adjust the interval.

Thank you for an amazing addon!!!
    1) I'm sorry, we lack at having a click through at the moment, it's something we want to add soon.

2) you may see your dps during phases on the encounter details plugin (is a skull icon), at its second tab and hovering over the timebar.
    For customized timers, you may use weakauras to create a ticker and importing your dps with
    local actor = Details:GetActor ("current", DETAILS_ATTRIBUTE_DAMAGE, "Character Name")
    local damage = actor.total
    local activeDPS = actor.total / actor:Tempo()

quick question - how do I make a window that shows damage by reach raid member on a particular target (lie say infernals)?

Quote Originally Posted by silverstarzs View Post
    quick question - how do I make a window that shows damage by reach raid member on a particular target (lie say infernals)?
    Damage -> Enemy Damage Taken
    Hovering over the bar show the damage on tooltip;
    Click report the amount to chat;
    Shift+Click show the amount on the window instead of tooltip;

If you need realtime damage taken on your current target, then use the Target Caller plugin.

Tried looking at my Buff Uptime on my Monk after testing LFR. Got this error.

Code:
    2x Details\classes\classe_damage.lua:337: attempt to compare number with string
    Details\classes\classe_damage.lua:337: in function <Details\classes\classe_damage.lua:332>
    (tail call): ?
    Details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:2822: in function `FormatReportLines'
    Details\classes\classe_others.lua:469: in function <Details\classes\classe_others.lua:455>
    Details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:1996: in function <Details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:1945>

Locals:
    self = <table> {
     SetBarSpecIconSettings = <function> defined @details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:4101
     SetFrameStrata = <function> defined @details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:6577
     resize_debug = <table> {
     }
     BuildSpellList = <function> defined @details\functions\spellcache.lua:283
     opened_windows = 2
     RefreshAttributeTextSize = <function> defined @details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:6637
     PotionList = <table> {
     }
     EndRefresh = <function> defined @details\core\control.lua:1405
     default_bg_color = 0.0941
     GetMode = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:148
     SetMode = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:2620
     ToolbarMenuButtons = <function> defined @details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:5449
     GetNickname = <function> defined @details\Libs\NickTag-1.0\NickTag-1.0.lua:782
     IsPluginEnabled = <function> defined @details\core\plugins.lua:49
     SetNickname = <function> defined @details\Libs\NickTag-1.0\NickTag-1.0.lua:636
     SortKeyGroupHeal = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_heal.lua:124
     SortKeyGroup = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_damage.lua:129
     IsInEncounter = <function> defined @details\core\parser.lua:3972
     Check_ZONE_CHANGED_NEW_AREA = <function> defined @details\core\parser.lua:3130
     gump = <table> {
     }
     CaptureRefresh = <function> defined @details\core\parser.lua:2791
     GetInstanceTrashInfo = <function> defined @details\functions\boss.lua:22
     name_space_info = <function> defined @details\core\util.lua:1237
     is_connected = false
     tabela_pets = <table> {
     }
     GetEncounterActorsName = <function> defined @details\functions\boss.lua:229
     RequestCloudData = <function> defined @details\core\network.lua:452
     SentMyItemLevel = <function> defined @details\core\network.lua:482
     RestauraJanela = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:1396
     default_skin_to_use = "Minimalistic"
     GetOpenedWindowsAmount = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:252
     GetEncounterEqualize = <function> defined @details\functions\boss.lua:120
     deadlog_events = 32
     OpenNewsWindow = <function> defined @details\gumps\janela_news.lua:11
     last_instance_id = 1520
     _detalhes_props = <table> {
     }
     atributo_energy = <table> {
     }
     name_space_generic = <function> defined @details\core\util.lua:1247
     storage = <table> {
     }
     AddOnStartTime = 330885.278
     ContainerSortEnemies = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_damage.lua:246
     segments_panic_mode = false
     FixToolbarMenu = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:1389
     UseWestNumericalSystem = <function> defined @details\core\util.lua:275
     FazerAnimacao_Esquerda = <function> defined @details\core\windows.lua:155
     Desagrupar = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:1047
     sub_atributos = <table> {
     }
     SetTitleBarText = <function> defined @details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:6719
     ChangeIcon = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:2553
     RestauraMetaTables = <function> defined @details\core\meta.lua:115
     CreatePanicWarning = <function> defined @details\functions\profiles.lua:193
     time_type_original = 2
     Freeze = <function> defined @details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:1891
     BgScoreUpdate = <function> defined @details\core\parser.lua:4060
     GetAllActors = <function> defined @details\core\parser.lua:3999
     last_realversion = 103
     SendReportWindow = <function> defined @details\gumps\janela_report.lua:97
     overlay_frame = <unnamed>

Quote Originally Posted by Arieth View Post
    Tried looking at my Buff Uptime on my Monk after testing LFR. Got this error.

Code:
    2x Details\classes\classe_damage.lua:337: attempt to compare number with string
    Details\classes\classe_damage.lua:337: in function <Details\classes\classe_damage.lua:332>
    Details\classes\classe_instancia.lua:2822: in function `FormatReportLines'
    Details\classes\classe_others.lua:469: in function <Details\classes\classe_others.lua:455>
    Details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:1996: in function <Details\gumps\janela_principal.lua:1945>
    Got it, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my search for new/better addons for Legion, how would you guys say this ranks as a replacement for Recount/Skada? I generally tank and dps but like to keep an eye on healing meters too. How compatible is it with addons like Super Villain and LUI? Thanks!

Deleted
    Loving your World Quest addon, thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    In my search for new/better addons for Legion, how would you guys say this ranks as a replacement for Recount/Skada? I generally tank and dps but like to keep an eye on healing meters too. How compatible is it with addons like Super Villain and LUI? Thanks!
    Should be full compatible with LUI, Super Villain author is MIA.
    Since I'm the author of this addon, I can't answer how better is it compared with older meters, but you may find some comments on the previous pages.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wunju View Post
    Loving your World Quest addon, thanks for that!
    Good to know about that, is the left-click-to-track-quest useful?

Quote Originally Posted by OGXanos View Post
    I switched from Skada and haven't looked back. It does everything I used skada for but more and simpler, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post

Good to know about that, is the left-click-to-track-quest useful?
    I didnt even realise about that function, I find it extremely useful for looking at the unzoomed map and knowing at a glance what each zone has as rewards, instead of having to hover on each quest. Saves so much time and effort

Switched to this from Recount.

Loving it! Easy to drill down to what you want - Just need to figure out how to display boss dmg and I'll be sorted. (many options)

Also - Found the bookmark editor bit - Awesome.
    Last edited by Captain Fizz; 2016-07-01 at 09:09 AM.

There is one thing I have been thinking about though if it's possible to implement into Details. The "Enemy Damage Taken", could you implement a new custom feature that would also tell the people that did NOT damage the specific enemy?

So instead of reporting the enemy damage taken from people that attacks that enemy, you will have a feature that instead tells you about EVERY PERSON in the raid, even if they didn't touch the enemy. So you can track that and announce it to the raid. Is this possible? If it is, do you think it's a good suggestion for a new idea?

So my suggestion is that you have a setting that says: "Track every person", to actually track everyone for "Enemy Damage Taken". So that feature will have every person in the meters, even if it says "0". That way you can easily see which people in the raid that actually didn't touch the enemy or did very little damage, and you can also report and send it to the raid. What do you think about this, Tercio?

Once again, this should only be for this particular bookmark, only to be able to report to the raid about people that DID NOT or did very little damage to the mob, and should be a setting to turn it on/off, depending how you like it.

Hi, I wonder whether it is possible to make the crowd control done hub the same as damage done from a strata perspective.
    Example:
    Damage done: i click on a spell and can see a more detailed structure with number of casts and so on.
    Crowd control done: link to report function.

I understand that I can access some of that information in the tab "crowd control received", but I would prefer to be able to see it from within the crowd control done tab, who got controlled by what spell.

Example 2 what I have in mind:

current: crowd control done by: randommage : (polymorph,icenova,deep freeze targets: mob1 (5),mob2 (2),mob3 (1)
    preferred: -||- targets: mob1(5 (3 sheep,1 ice nova 1 deep freeze) , mob2 ( 2 (1 deep freeze 1 ice nova) ....

In addition I would like to see the number of casts that lead to the crowd control.
    Let's say a priest casts psychic scream. He hits 5 npcs/players and has done 5 crowd controls. However it might be more important to know how often he used psychic scream, rather than know how many targets he hit with it.
    Could also be done with a small number indicator instead of an additonal depth layer.
    Example: Psychic Scream (1) targets hit: 5

Last point:
    I would prefer not to see an icon at the header bar
    Currently it looks like:
    freeze (mage icon) crowd control
    psychic scream
    silence
    Feels weird to see that mage icon above every class- a generic icon not associated to a class or no icon at all would be preferable.
    When the list only contains 1 spell, it also looks like the header is part of the crowd control list itself.

P.S.
    That's the best damager meter out there. Thanks a lot.