Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Yes, I'm talking about leveling, but mostly about lack of progression when it comes to gear. It was one of the things I really liked when leveling a new character.
    Witch as little to do with stats squish, yes the leveling is a bit more linear in terms of stats prog but the actual impact of the squish is mostly after lvl 80. There is tones of problems with low level content, don't get me wrong, but the problem behind the lack of good progression while leveling is here since at least cata not so much because of the squish.

Stats squish is a good scapegoat when in reality it has little to do with low level problems.

I think you have to accept that in a game the continuously increases the strength of its characters by improving their stats that squishes are necessary evils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I don't understand why they keep repeating the same mistake just to squish again, over and over.

It seems a simple fix to me. Instead of radically boosting gear each expansion, just smooth it out.

Levels 1-60 are what? Item level 1-88? If you can stretch 1-60 through 88 iLvLs, why does 80-100 have to go through 500 iLvLs of power?

You won't make the players any less powerful. Soloing old content won't be affected either.
    The issue becomes whether an upgrade feels like an upgrade or not. I believe that magic number is 5%? If the effect is minimal to a character you aren't really all that jazzed about the reward... being jazzed about the reward is essential.

Appropriately rewarding players for time/effort is the lifeblood of an mmo.

They should've never implemented such a thing anyway, considering the engine limitations was a hoax. Numbers squish was basically something they added because many players are retarded and could not comprehend too large numbers (even though you could chose to display 1000000 as 1M and 1000 as 1K, so it was never really any issue).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    They should've never implemented such a thing anyway, considering the engine limitations was a hoax. Numbers squish was basically something they added because many players are retarded and could not comprehend too large numbers (even though you could chose to display 1000000 as 1M and 1000 as 1K, so it was never really any issue).
    There a multiple studies that conclude that people don't deal well with big numbers. And the shortening with K, M etc just PROVES that the bug numbers don't mean jack shit. Where is the difference between 123K and 123 if the percentage is the same?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    They went retarded with ilvl inflation. There's really no point to it other than retarded "you gotta feel strong when you get new item". We didn't have this bullshit in Vanilla and TBC and it made previous content in the same expansion matter.
    I'm sure if you get down and calculate it receiving an item from Blackwing Lair over an item from Molten core might net a 5% increase to power. But as you level up your base power changes so 5% now compared to 5% in vanilla is quite a big jump.

MC items off the first boss were ilevel 61-66 and Razorgore was 73-76. They were 10 ilevels. But by BC the ilevels between SSC/TK and BT were 13 ilevels. The same thing throughout all of LK. Though we had 10/10h/25/25h it was still 13. The same thing in Cataclysm and when LFR was released it was still 13. MOP stuck to 13 as well.

End Bosses had slightly bumped ilevels on weapons and select items but the first bosses of each tier still held at 13 ilevels.

In WOD they changed it to 15 ilevels instead of 13. It's a slight bump but nothing outrageous.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

They squished the stats so bosses could have proper health pools.
    Now that is fixed.
    So who cares what happens?

I agree that its some what nicer NOT doing 1billion DPS, but its not something anyone should care about.
    They certainly haven't "messed" anything up though.

If they squished it as hard as you want them to, people would be swinging for 1 damage at level 1.
    Maybe that's the proper play, but I just don't see it.
    I for one am happy with 500k to 1m dps being a benchmark.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Team MEGA DAMAGE here.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    The issue becomes whether an upgrade feels like an upgrade or not. I believe that magic number is 5%? If the effect is minimal to a character you aren't really all that jazzed about the reward... being jazzed about the reward is essential.

Appropriately rewarding players for time/effort is the lifeblood of an mmo.
    I think the big outliers are in the expansion in-betweener levels like 79-81, 89-91. Instead of going from iLvL 450 to 461 between level 88-89, you go from iLvL 461 to 580 between 90 and 91.

Leveling my DK through from level 79 to 80, I went and picked up some bracers off the AH that were iLvL 409... Equippable at level 80. Ulduar gear was item level 226 at level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    They implemented the stat squish and said the numbers got to big

Then continued making the numbers go up in far to large leaps.
    4 lvl tiers per raid will do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Engine limitations weren't a hoax.
    Garrosh healed 3 times during the fight because of them.
    Ra-Den was bugged and sometimes had 1 hp because his health went over the cap (which has been greatly increased in Legion)

Hell, boss HP was the main reason they made a squish.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    I don't understand why they keep repeating the same mistake just to squish again, over and over.

It seems a simple fix to me. Instead of radically boosting gear each expansion, just smooth it out.

Levels 1-60 are what? Item level 1-88? If you can stretch 1-60 through 88 iLvLs, why does 80-100 have to go through 500 iLvLs of power?

You won't make the players any less powerful. Soloing old content won't be affected either.
    Well, if math is all that matters, and you don't care about player feelings about loot, then it would far easier to just nerf the old gear every tier and make the new gear just like the old before it was nerfed. That's easier game making, but human nature would not find that fun, even if it's the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Nope, they have the old content dmg boost for that now that makes everything damage related trivial regardless of gear.
    You are wrong. Only those up to cataclysm have that. None of MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its easier to see what is happening when your damage is 1573, 5735, 3821 then 2756945, 65487053, 5423584
    In a brief glance you probably did not see that the middle of the 2nd set is 65m and not 6.5m
    That's because nobody writes number like you. It's not really needed to show more than the first 3 digits of a number. So it would probably be more like 65.4M and this is as easy to grasp as 4576. I mean we do the same thing in our daily live. We don't say we need to travel 108754m to the next place but just 108 km.