Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    For those wondering why all the names of the players are *****sson, its the name of the father of the player, almost everybody has their fathers last name here in Iceland, sson means son (obviously) and the women have "dóttir" (Daughter).
    Damn vikings barbarians!

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    Against Austria, we should play with William or Danilo, we'll need to defend a bit more than we did today. This match, we could have had Adrien or Renato as 6, but in the next one of them should replace Moutinho.
    Adrien for Moutinho for sure. He is amazing at recovering balls before the other team starts an attack/counter attack.

Those 2 comments. This is why i hate drawing small teams, be it clubs or NTs. They party like they won the game. Or better, like they won the Cup.

Deleted
    I should have put Payet as my captain on fantasy football, went all out fanboy'ing on Ronaldo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Adrien for Moutinho for sure. He is amazing at recovering balls before the other team starts an attack/counter attack.

Those 2 comments. This is why i hate drawing small teams, be it clubs or NTs. They party like they won the game. Or better, like they won the Cup.
    Well considering they come from a country with 300 000 people and its the first time ever in a big tournament and then they end up getting a point in the first match and against a team that could very well win the tournament id sure as hell say they deserved to celebrate abit afterwards.

If you cant understand that then i dont know what else to say..... I mean the Iceland have a population of 300 000 for christ sake....

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Well considering they come from a country with 300 000 people and its the first time ever in a big tournament and then they end up getting a point in the first match and against a team that could very well win the tournament id sure as hell say they deserved to celebrate abit afterwards.

If you cant understand that then i dont know what else to say..... I mean the Iceland have a population of 300 000 for christ sake....
    I understand that but still, hate losing/drawing to newbies no matter what. Portugal only has 10M and we never excused our losses or draws because Spain, France, England, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, etc, etc have much more population than us.

Deleted
    Let them have their moment, they deserved it. Their supporters were fantastic compared to ours, who were barely audible. I don't like losing/drawing to newbies because it's embarrassing as hell, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    Let them have their moment, they deserved it. Their supporters were fantastic compared to ours, who were barely audible. I don't like losing/drawing to newbies because it's embarrassing as hell, nothing more.
    That was horrible, we had 2/3s of the tickets and we let them make more noise...like wtf, that doesn't even sound like us. Specially when we are the team with more supporters there after France.

- - - Updated - - -

That was horrible, we had 2/3s of the tickets and we let them make more noise...like wtf, that doesn't even sound like us. Specially when we are the team with more supporters there after France.
    "They deserved it". Ehh, reading that from you and they showing the stats from the game in the RTP1 channel...

Deleted
    I understand that but still, hate losing/drawing to newbies no matter what. Portugal only has 10M and we never excused our losses or draws because Spain, France, England, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, etc, etc have much more population than us.
    I dont think Iceland has to excuse this draw at all

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I dont think Iceland has to excuse this draw at all
    I won't say anything else, Ronaldo is saying it all, live, right now.

Deleted
    I won't say anything else, Ronaldo is saying it all, live, right now.
    Damn im missing it. whats he saying?

Basically that only one team wanted to play, we deserved to win and they parked the bus after the goal. But it happened and we need to get our heads up and think of the next game.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, first games are over.

--------------

Group A: No surprises in the winners, expected more from France.

Group B: No surprises too, at least for me. England and Russia i knew it could end in a draw. Slovakia and Wales could go anywhere, i was pending a bit more for Slovakia tbh.

Group C: Expected winners. Nothing to say.

Group D: About what i expected from Spain, a short win. Croatia - Turkey could go anyway.

Group E: Better than expected Italy. Sweden vs Ireland could go either side, ended up in a draw.

Group F: Hungary really surprised everyone beating Austria. Portugal... ofc it sucked but i knew this could happen. Fuck it, Saturday is another day.
    ---------------

7+ Year Old Account
    Doctors reported that the brain of English fan that was in coma died..

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hes upset he doesn't have a valid reason to take his shirt off/or post a undie selfie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game went pretty much as I expected. Although I thought after the 1-0, Portugal would simply play the game to a finish but some right back was sleeping there and followed the wrong attacker. Pepe should have gotten red again. That guy is a disgrace really. Apart from that I really dislike all the tumbling. On a positive note Sanches was good, would like to see more of him.

No fun games until England vs Wales now. And that game will be at 2pm...ffs.

Deleted
    Basically that only one team wanted to play, we deserved to win and they parked the bus after the goal. But it happened and we need to get our heads up and think of the next game.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, first games are over.

--------------

Group A: No surprises in the winners, expected more from France.

Group B: No surprises too, at least for me. England and Russia i knew it could end in a draw. Slovakia and Wales could go anywhere, i was pending a bit more for Slovakia tbh.

Group C: Expected winners. Nothing to say.

Group D: About what i expected from Spain, a short win. Croatia - Turkey could go anyway.

Group E: Better than expected Italy. Sweden vs Ireland could go either side, ended up in a draw.

Group F: Hungary really surprised everyone beating Austria. Portugal... ofc it sucked but i knew this could happen. Fuck it, Saturday is another day.
    ---------------
    Meh.... what a lame thing to say. Iceland played defensively and punished Portugal when least expected. This is a totally legitimate strategy. It's frustrating for sure, but I'd expect a football player to recognise the effort Iceland put in.
    Portugal did not break them. Their fault, no one elses.

Deleted
    "They deserved it". Ehh, reading that from you and they showing the stats from the game in the RTP1 channel...
    They did what they had to do: defend and hope to score a goal on a counter attack. The onus was on us to win 3-0, 4-0, etc..

As for first matchday scores, I was only really surprised by Italy and Group F's results. Thought England would win (and they were unlucky not to), but their game wasn't easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Hes upset he doesn't have a valid reason to take his shirt off/or post a undie selfie.
    I actually like the guy. He's a force of nature. And he does a lot as well outside the field as far as I know. Like he;s not a TOTAL dick.

Fun fact, Portugal is the team that shot in the net direction more until now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Pepe should have gotten red again.
    What? Why? :O you people exaggerate way too much, would have been a normal play with any other player, but since it's Pepe, it's blown out of proportions. Pepe was the one trampled, not like he kicked his opponent.