Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Best bit of news:

"Tab targeting logic has been reworked, and should now behave in a more consistent and predictable manner."

WOOT!
    Unless it changing this build its worse than live on beta.

"PTR is shutting down". Do they mean Beta is shutting down?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Both are shutting down for new build.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    Beta shutdown hours ago.

Orb of Deception now lets the character retain features like armor that’s worn when transforming.
    Meh, I thought it was kinda nice to get some other armor for a while.
    Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.
    Sigh. They are making even more boring progressing your character gearwise while leveling up. Fucking Blizzard.

Characters can queue up as any role that is available to their class and will automatically switch to the suitable specialization when entering the Dungeon, Raid, Battleground, or Arena without any gold cost. For example, a paladin might be questing as Retribution but queue up in Dungeon Finder as a Tank. When the paladin enters the dungeon, they will automatically switch to Protection.
    I assume we will change back to the specialization we were in before entering the dungeon when we zone out again?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    Did they ever explain why the were deactivating previous set bonuses? I understand the percentage based ones, but the ones that have a cool aesthetic effect will be sad to see go

I'm not sure, but I think rogues used some low level set bonus for a dps increase in max level content.

Do we know how long till the PTR will be up with the new build?
    Zomboden - Alliance/Stormrage - 100 Death Knight (Main)
    Massiveclock - Alliance/Stormrage - 100 Warlock
    Tightkitty - Alliance/Stormrage - 100 Druid
    Whatthefrost - Alliance/Ysera - 100 Mage
    Bruteshot - Horde/Turalyon - 100 Hunter
    Massiveclock - Horde/Illidan - 100 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Unless it changing this build its worse than live on beta.

well fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowofze View Post
    Do we know how long till the PTR will be up with the new build?
    If they are just now taking it down probably 5-6 hours from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    so this means 7.0 pre-patch in about a month, HOPEFULLY less.

All according to plan...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    You will lose burst of speed and you will LIKE IT
    looooooooool

I will miss my Hammer of Wrath, Speed of Light and active Blessing buffs ... May they rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    Will the "Early Access to Demon hunters" be considered as the pre-patch? As i would love to get my UI Situated/Planned so its ready when this stuff goes live.
    I doubt Demon Hunters will be available on the PTR. If at all, then probably briefly at the end, just like on Live.

also interested if the actual Events of the pre-patch will be available as well.
    They will be, but likely paced and in waves, like they will release on live. So not right away.
    They do plan to test the same way it would play out on live servers.

Also will the Hardware Requirement for Legion take effect in this Patch? i am interested in seeing how my computer will preform.
    All system changes will be included of course, that includes the upgraded graphics engine, so you can test that just fine.
    Note that some new zones may include additional effects, but the base improvements are available everywhere.

"When first logging into a character after Patch 7.0, the appearances of appropriate items in your bags, bank, and Void Storage are learned automatically. Additional appearances will be unlocked based on previously-completed quests."

SO MUCH BAG SPACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Furlong View Post
    Didn't they scrap that after much negative feedback? Please, please tell me the notes are wrong on this...
    The note is wrong or it wasn't functioning properly on the last beta build. I have not been charged gold when I switched specs in town. Granted I only switched twice b/c I wanted to see what the other artifact traits were, but it didn't charge me anything to do it.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they deactivating set bonuses before Warlords? What purpose does that serve?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I doubt Demon Hunters will be available on the PTR. If at all, then probably briefly at the end, just like on Live.
    /concur. As much as everyone is excited (and rightfully so) about Demon Hunter, there's no reason at all to put them on PTR. Trust me, the Demon Hunter starting zone has been tested quite extensively. I don't know that many beta testers have resisted the urge to try them yet.

Just know this:

1. The double jump and wings are just as fun as they look in the videos.
    2. Noobs will kill themselves repeatedly by falling off cliffs due to the mobility. (I'm including myself in this, we aren't going to discuss how I know.)
    3. It will be DK's everywhere all over again, but worse b/c this class is not remotely complicated to play but still fun.
    4. You're a demon hunter and it looks really cool when you morph into big scary tear demon faces off mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Why are they deactivating set bonuses before Warlords? What purpose does that serve?
    Old set bonuses have been abused in the past during leveling, and in some cases with new boss encounters. They're pre-emptively stopping that from occurring this time around. It's actually a smart move.

I thought they said respeccing wouldn't have a gold cost--you just do it at inns or with the tome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    Looks like someone didn't read their own notes before reposting them:
    That's for while we're still in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    is PTR open yet?
    It just went down. A little birdie told me 3-4 hours.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Deleted
    Human racial, 2% extra from all secondary stats seems pretty damn OP, doesn't it?