Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nintendo employees
    Welp, I guess that was obvious.
    I just didn't know if it was some decently known people that Nintendo got to advertise the game. Like, didn't they have Robin William's daughter show Ocarina of Time on the 3DS or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Welp, I guess that was obvious.
    I just didn't know if it was some decently known people that Nintendo got to advertise the game. Like, didn't they have Robin William's daughter show Ocarina of Time on the 3DS or something like that?
    Yes, partly due to the fact that they love that game, and that's why her name is Zelda ^^
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think zelda might be the greatest game ever made if the full game is as good and diverse as this demo is.

its almost like minecraft where you could just fucking play this game to survive/explore.
    The only thing about the open exploration that worries me is wether doing so will feel rewarding. That skull rock formation looked really interesting but all it had in it were 3 bobokins and a chest with 10 arrows.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Nintendo took NPCs out of the E3 demo for Zelda to avoid spoilers. That's why it is so barren.

- - - Updated - - -

they just used flame arrows to make a fire to make an updraft to launch off the horse and paraglide up to get airtime to shoot a robot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    The only thing about the open exploration that worries me is wether doing so will feel rewarding. That skull rock formation looked really interesting but all it had in it were 3 bobokins and a chest with 10 arrows.
    zelda to me, has always been a game that felt rewarding based off gameplay,

rupees or items rarely felt good to me in zelda. in this one its more surival based and resource based,

10 arrows doesnt seem like all that much when watching the nintendo demo, but what if you are out on your own, about to starve and need to hunt a boar for food. those arrows come in handy. and blowing all those moblins up was fun too.

and since you likely will need to replace all your items as they get destroyed until you reach end game with the master sword you'll constantly be needing new shields, swords, and stuff.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    A game that was JUST shown has a release frame of next year, while two games that have been shown in the past finally have been given release dates.

It's not really comparable, unless you meant to prove their point.

I remember hearing a lot about that game honestly, how many times was it delayed/"Canceled"?
    Except LoZ was shown last year? Umm.....

If anything LoZ is worse than Horizon because Horizon at least has a concrete date.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2016-06-14 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Except LoZ was shown last year? Umm.....
    Pretty sure it was mentioned, with like, 30 seconds of footage at most?

It's not nearly the same as a game that was announced years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it was mentioned, with like, 30 seconds of footage at most?

It's not nearly the same as a game that was announced years ago.
    Ah so we're moving goal posts now. I see.

Although I will give it to you that The Last Guardian is a different case but they had to show people it earlier to prove that it was still alive and get people rehyped.

Also, unless they get delayed pretty much all of those games are coming out next year. Except for Kojima's obviously.

Ah so we're moving goal posts now. I see.

Although I will give it to you that The Last Guardian is a different case but they had to show people it earlier to prove that it was still alive and get people rehyped.

Also, unless they get delayed pretty much all of those games are coming out next year. Except for Kojima's obviously.
    It's not really moving goalposts, it's still the same point. Zelda was in no way the main thing last year, it was more of a mention. Most of the things shown by Sony are in fact, their major game reveals, and they're still far off.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really moving goalposts, it's still the same point. Zelda was in no way the main thing last year, it was more of a mention. Most of the things shown by Sony are in fact, their major game reveals, and they're still far off.
    ...Are you being purposely obtuse or do you just not know what the fuck you're talking about? Legend of Zelda was as much of a big part of last year's E3 as Horizon was for Sony.

Showing 1 game that has the potential to be a masterpiece, does not eclipse a bunch of games that could potentially be quite amazing themselves. I have no doubt Horizon is going to be great. God of War will obviously be great, because it always has been. Detroit: Become Human had an extremely intriguing demo, but as with all David Cage games, it could end up being too artsy fartsy. Insomniac is working on a Spiderman game and there's no reason to believe it won't be great, since Insomniac does great work. Days Gone is a question mark, but it looked solid.

Sony killed it and undoubtedly won E3. Anyone who isn't completely blinded by Nintendo love would see that. Keep in mind that I do think that Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Game of the Show.

...Are you being purposely obtuse or do you just not know what the fuck you're talking about? Legend of Zelda was as much of a big part of last year's E3 as Horizon was for Sony.

Showing 1 game that has the potential to be a masterpiece, does not eclipse a bunch of games that could potentially be quite amazing themselves. I have no doubt Horizon is going to be great. God of War will obviously be great, because it always has been. Detroit: Become Human had an extremely intriguing demo, but as with all David Cage games, it could end up being too artsy fartsy. Insomniac is working on a Spiderman game and there's no reason to believe it won't be great, since Insomniac does great work. Days Gone is a question mark, but it looked solid.

Sony killed it and undoubtedly won E3. Anyone who isn't completely blinded by Nintendo love would see that. Keep in mind that I do think that Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is Game of the Show.
    I'm not gonna even give an answer to your first question, since nowhere did I say anything about "who won E3" as you talk about in your last line, just that Sony and every other company usually has an issue revealing games that aren't even actually coming out any time soon, whereas Nintendo does tend to stuck to the upcoming months as their priority. Not to mention, anyone who is honestly discussing "who won E3" outside of being ironic is taking it a bit too seriously in my opinion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a long time Nintendo fan, I have quite frankly had enough. I refuse to support them any longer. It is absolutely pathetic that they had only two big name titles to show off at E3 and that the NX wasn't even mentioned. Makes me think it isn't coming this year and that it will be worse than people expect. I mean, the Wii U has been dead for 3 years and now they show off a game that they should have been designing for a next generation system well over a year ago, and that they plan on actually releasing it next year? What a waste. When Zelda doesn't break Skyward Sword's 3 million sales mark, I will be the first one to shake my head in disgust at Nintendo for all their foolishness. They are so fucking arrogant and think that ignoring their fans for the last decade and a half is going to help their business. Fans know what they want and what they will buy, and Nintendo wants nothing to do with their hardcore, long time fans. What an abysmal joke of a company they have become, but I saw this coming when they opted to start doing cringe worthy Directs instead of having an E3 press event. These fools have no idea how bad their PR is right now in the eyes of many fans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well nintendo was underwhelming oh well we knew what they had in store for us atleast i got to see more pokemon sun and moon wich is nice.

Tbh out of everything there Death Stranding interested me the most. Kojimas first game away from the shitstains that are Konami and it already looks interesting.

Well, the new Zelda looks fascinating. I'll probably get it. I was ready to write it off, but hey, any significant departure from the regular model is enough to make me give it a shot. It would've been an insta-pass if it were just Skyward Sword 2.0. Here's hoping for a legit hard mode this time around.

Death Stranding is, well, very Kojima. I'll probably get that too. Worst-case scenario is that it's bad but bizarre, which still means that I'm supporting variety. I look forward to seeing what Kojima can do in his new creative environment, especially when his personal brand is 100% of what Sony is going for.

Nothing else I really care about, except Mount and Blade: Bannerlord.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-06-15 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    As a long time Nintendo fan, I have quite frankly had enough. I refuse to support them any longer. It is absolutely pathetic that they had only two big name titles to show off at E3 and that the NX wasn't even mentioned. Makes me think it isn't coming this year and that it will be worse than people expect. I mean, the Wii U has been dead for 3 years and now they show off a game that they should have been designing for a next generation system well over a year ago, and that they plan on actually releasing it next year? What a waste. When Zelda doesn't break Skyward Sword's 3 million sales mark, I will be the first one to shake my head in disgust at Nintendo for all their foolishness. They are so fucking arrogant and think that ignoring their fans for the last decade and a half is going to help their business. Fans know what they want and what they will buy, and Nintendo wants nothing to do with their hardcore, long time fans. What an abysmal joke of a company they have become, but I saw this coming when they opted to start doing cringe worthy Directs instead of having an E3 press event. These fools have no idea how bad their PR is right now in the eyes of many fans.
    They uh...were completely upfront and honest about what was going to happen.

And I think you're the first person I've ever seen insult the Directs. I'm pretty sure they were praised for a while.

I dunno, I've been a Nintendo fan for as long as I can remember, the very first video game I saw was Super Mario Bros. I really don't have any issues with this, it's Nintendo being Nintendo, and as long as the games are good, that's enough for me.

Although I would love another Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy styled game.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They uh...were completely upfront and honest about what was going to happen.

And I think you're the first person I've ever seen insult the Directs. I'm pretty sure they were praised for a while.

I dunno, I've been a Nintendo fan for as long as I can remember, the very first video game I saw was Super Mario Bros. I really don't have any issues with this, it's Nintendo being Nintendo, and as long as the games are good, that's enough for me.

Although I would love another Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy styled game.

The games will generally be good, though Star Fox Zero looks like what I have come to expect from Nintendo as far as some of their franchises go, a less than stellar game. My issue is more with them not catering to their long time fans, not investing in bringing over big name titles that have been out in Japan for years that they didn't even develop like Dragon Quest (of which there are 4 games that fans have been clamoring and petitioning them for 3 years to release) for the 3DS. F-Zero? Nope. Another Metroid Prime console game and a side scrolling portable game which is what the fans wanted? Nope, we get Federation Force which might as well not be called Metroid Prime because it has nothing to do with Samus or any main part of the franchise, it is a filler game in an attempt to cash grab die hard Metroid fans into buying something that isn't what they wanted.

I hate the Direct format, particularly for E3 because it takes away from some of the grandeur of those big press conferences. But one should expect nothing less when Nintendo literally has nothing to show off as it is.

And yeah, Zelda looks great, but that is no excuse for 3 years of a dead console with so few games for it that it isn't even worth buying. And it isn't coming out until next year. I have been playing Nintendo games since I was 3 years old (nearly 30 years), and this is the first time in a long time that I have felt truly disappointed at the decisions that they have been making the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The games will generally be good, though Star Fox Zero looks like what I have come to expect from Nintendo as far as some of their franchises go, a less than stellar game. My issue is more with them not catering to their long time fans, not investing in bringing over big name titles that have been out in Japan for years that they didn't even develop like Dragon Quest (of which there are 4 games that fans have been clamoring and petitioning them for 3 years to release) for the 3DS. F-Zero? Nope. Another Metroid Prime console game and a side scrolling portable game which is what the fans wanted? Nope, we get Federation Force which might as well not be called Metroid Prime because it has nothing to do with Samus or any main part of the franchise, it is a filler game in an attempt to cash grab die hard Metroid fans into buying something that isn't what they wanted.

I hate the Direct format, particularly for E3 because it takes away from some of the grandeur of those big press conferences. But one should expect nothing less when Nintendo literally has nothing to show off as it is.

And yeah, Zelda looks great, but that is no excuse for 3 years of a dead console with so few games for it that it isn't even worth buying. And it isn't coming out until next year. I have been playing Nintendo games since I was 3 years old (nearly 30 years), and this is the first time in a long time that I have felt truly disappointed at the decisions that they have been making the last few years.
    To be fair, Metroid I can understand, but wasn't the Star Fox and F-Zero more of cult classic type of games? Sure, they were well known, but what made by Nintendo isn't? The Metroid game though I can't really argue with.

Maybe it's just me though then, I don't really care much for E3. I mean, yeah, it's cool to hear of new stuff coming out, but I just don't like having to wait for a year to hear of anything "big" again.

Although honestly, depending on how much the NX is, I might pick Zelda up on that instead, so to me it's like there wasn't even a new Zelda game for the Wii U, just remakes and spin offs (Which I don't really mind I suppose).

Eh, folks crap on them all the time because, "They didn't tell us anything new!" etc. etc.

I like them, but holy hell if folks haven't turned on Nintendo pretty hard when they have Directs, especially around major conventions, and don't have major new announcements.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Eh, folks crap on them all the time because, "They didn't tell us anything new!" etc. etc.

I like them, but holy hell if folks haven't turned on Nintendo pretty hard when they have Directs, especially around major conventions, and don't have major new announcements.
    I mean, today wasn't much different. Two big games which we already knew were coming. And nothing, a bunch of fringe titles new games yet they have so many franchises getting the short end of the stick.