Thread: Need Help

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Need Help

Not sure if this is the correct place to post about this but I need some help/advice from anyone who has refunded Legion. I am trying to get a refund and this is my response from blizzard.

I went ahead and took a look into the situation as far as getting Legion refunded. It looks like with the amount of time thats passed, as well as most of the in-game goodies being used, we aren't able to get that refund in. I am sorry though, I hate being the bearer of bad news. I still wish you nothing but the best and I hope you have a good day!
    Now while at first I was slightly ticked off I decided to try and keep as level a head as possible so I decided to check how much time had passed since my pre-order and started looking through my transaction log on battle.net and I noticed that well it had been 7 months so I chilled, I then noticed and remembered I refunded my Warlords of Draenor Digital Deluxe as well before the launch so I could just buy a normal cheaper copy of the game. I noticed however that the time between pre-order and refund was also 7 months. So now I'm left here as scratching my head a little mad at Blizzard again and wonder what should I do other than no longer pre-order video games because I've never getting screwed like this again.
    Last edited by Gorthezar; 2016-06-14 at 09:23 PM.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post about this but I need some help/advice from anyone who has refunded Legion. I am trying to get a refund and this is my response from blizzard.

Now while at first I was slightly ticked off I decided to try and keep as level a head as possible so I decided to check how much time had passed since my pre-order and started looking through my transaction log on battle.net and I noticed that well it had been 7 months so I chilled, I then noticed and remembered I refunded my Warlords of Draenor Digital Deluxe as well before the launch so I could just buy a normal cheaper copy of the game. I noticed however that the time between pre-order and refund was also 7 months. So now I'm left here as scratching my head a little mad at Blizzard again and wonder what should I do other than no longer pre-order video games because I've never getting screwed like this again.
    probably consider that when a preorder starts its not for a very short duration that requires near instant purchase. so there was absolutely zero need to rush into this.

maybe you should have just waited a couple more months before committing to the pre~order.

nothing wrong with pre~ordering, people just need to consider their purchase more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

So just to be clear, when you refunded WoD very, very late Blizzard was really nice about it and helped you out.

Now, instead of being happy that they did this once before, it just makes you mad that they won't do it again?

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

It's not deluxe Legion right? Just regular pre-order of Legion?

Why not just keep it? Even if Legion isn't looking great to you, you may want to play it?

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    So just to be clear, when you refunded WoD very, very late Blizzard was really nice about it and helped you out.

Now, instead of being happy that they did this once before, it just makes you mad that they won't do it again?

This is why we can't have nice things.
    You can call that very late if you want but I can download a entire game on steam and play it for 3 hours and STILL get a refund wouldn't consider what I'm asking for to be that far of a stretch but sure Blizzard did me a "favor".

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    It's not deluxe Legion right? Just regular pre-order of Legion?

Why not just keep it? Even if Legion isn't looking great to you, you may want to play it?
    Nope I bought Digital deluxe which is part of the reason they are claiming they can't refund the game because the "goodies" are already tied to my account but this exact same thing happened with Warlords of Draenor and they had no problem removing the items from my account at that point in time but now it's a problem?
    /

You can call that very late if you want but I can download a entire game on steam and play it for 3 hours and STILL get a refund wouldn't consider what I'm asking for to be that far of a stretch but sure Blizzard did me a "favor".

Nope I bought Digital deluxe which is part of the reason they are claiming they can't refund the game because the "goodies" are already tied to my account but this exact same thing happened with Warlords of Draenor and they had no problem removing the items from my account at that point in time but now it's a problem?
    Probably because they're seeing a pattern of behavior where you pre-order, enjoy goodies, then want it refunded at the last minute.

How in the world are you comparing playing a game for 3 hours vs. 7 months?

They've been very good about refunding people that (1) didn't use the boost, and (2) didn't claim exclusive items.
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Probably because they're seeing a pattern of behavior where you pre-order, enjoy goodies, then want it refunded at the last minute.

How in the world are you comparing playing a game for 3 hours vs. 7 months?

They've been very good about refunding people that (1) didn't use the boost, and (2) didn't claim exclusive items.
    I've been playing legion for 7 months? Holy shit I must be a wizard playing a game I didn't get a beta invite to and hasn't been released yet also you clearly didn't bother to read the entire post as they remove ALL digital deluxe items if you cancel the pre-order so how am I enjoy anything at all exclusive if upon refund I no longer have access to any of these items? Please, Tell me.
    Last edited by Gorthezar; 2016-06-14 at 11:10 PM.
    /

Because you've had access to them for the last 7 months (pet, mount, boost)?

Heck, I should've been smart and pre-ordered legion on a bunch of my alt accounts. Could have boosted a bunch of 100s, power leveled alts, and gotten 7 months worth of extra gold income.

Then all I'd have to do is return it right before legion launched, and keep the copy on my one main account....

Pre-ordering is a decision not to make lightly, and I would think many players would have avoided it because of Warlords of Draenor's reputation. I did not pre-order Legion until recently when I had access to the Beta and tried it first-hand.

Because you've had access to them for the last 7 months (pet, mount, boost)?
    Are reading anything I'm saying at all? Pet gets removed when you refund, mount also removed when you refund, and the boosted character gets locked so you cannot play it just like they did when you refunded any version of Warlords of Draenor. You are arguing that because I have these "Exclusive items "that somehow I've been playing Legion content which might be the biggest joke I've ever seen considering that 1. The game is furture of from release than when I request the Warlords refund and 2. This is the single longest content drought in the entire game not only have I not been playing legion nobody else has digital deluxe or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Pre-ordering is a decision not to make lightly, and I would think many players would have avoided it because of Warlords of Draenor's reputation. I did not pre-order Legion until recently when I had access to the Beta and tried it first-hand.
    I understand where you are coming from. I guess for me as someone who normally makes decently informed decisions when it comes to buying/pre-ordering video games I finally got burned by being overhyped for something. I had exact opposite reaction to all of the beta information/gameplay. I don't have a single friend who will be playing and I now have zero reason to play and honestly pending demon hunter every class I've ever played looks awful in legion.
    /

Are reading anything I'm saying at all? Pet gets removed when you refund, mount also removed when you refund, and the boosted character gets locked so you cannot play it just like they did when you refunded any version of Warlords of Draenor. You are arguing that because I have these "Exclusive items "that somehow I've been playing Legion content which might be the biggest joke I've ever seen considering that 1. The game is furture of from release than when I request the Warlords refund and 2. This is the single longest content drought in the entire game not only have I not been playing legion nobody else has digital deluxe or not.
    He's saying that you've been able to enjoy those pets, mounts, and the boost for 7 months, and that it's a bit silly to be able to enjoy all the perks of buying a pre-order for over half a year, and then backing out on it at the last minute, essentially getting to enjoy all those perks for free for a full 7 months, as well as all the benefits associated with them (in this case, the extra gold/materials/etc. afforded by an additional level 100 character).

To be fair, Blizzard has the right to decline any refund for any reason, and they do not have to specify why. This is the same for the majority of retail.

Also:

Section B. 2. All Sales for Digital Content or Services are Final. - No refunds are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guaranties that cannot be excluded or limited by law.

You want a refund for something that you purchased, and in doing so, waived your right for a refund. Reading the fine print is helpful in all regards...

Terms of Sale: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...rmsofsale.html

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    He's saying that you've been able to enjoy those pets, mounts, and the boost for 7 months, and that it's a bit silly to be able to enjoy all the perks of buying a pre-order for over half a year, and then backing out on it at the last minute, essentially getting to enjoy all those perks for free for a full 7 months, as well as all the benefits associated with them (in this case, the extra gold/materials/etc. afforded by an additional level 100 character).
    Ok but let me play devils advocate against myself for a minute and agree with you and say you are correct I got to enjoy these benefits right why was it 100% ok with Blizzard to refund my Warlords Pre-order which included also again a Pet,Mount, and a boost but now once again same things included as before it isn't ok. This is where my disconnect with this argument is because couldn't the same be said of the MoP > WoD transition I boosted a Blood Death Knight back then abused the hell out of the fact that they could solo everything with even half decent gear at that point in time made gold had the mount and the pet but Blizzard said hey mate no problem but we are going to lock the boosted character and remove those items are you sure you want that? I said sure am and it wasn't a problem and I get it as someone else mentioned maybe it was a cool "Favor." I just would have like some kind of warning on the policy change that apparently happened as according to my most recent ticket reply once you have a boosted character for longer than 3 months you are S.O.L. if you want a refund. I'm glad this was widely known knowledge /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by itheiel View Post
    To be fair, Blizzard has the right to decline any refund for any reason, and they do not have to specify why. This is the same for the majority of retail.

Also:

Section B. 2. All Sales for Digital Content or Services are Final. - No refunds are permitted except with respect to any statutory warranties or guaranties that cannot be excluded or limited by law.

You want a refund for something that you purchased, and in doing so, waived your right for a refund. Reading the fine print is helpful in all regards...

Terms of Sale: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...rmsofsale.html
    Yup I understand. I guess you have to get burned before you learn, at least in my case.
    /

Ok but let me play devils advocate against myself for a minute and agree with you and say you are correct I got to enjoy these benefits right why was it 100% ok with Blizzard to refund my Warlords Pre-order which included also again a Pet,Mount, and a boost but now once again same things included as before it isn't ok. This is where my disconnect with this argument is because couldn't the same be said of the MoP > WoD transition I boosted a Blood Death Knight back then abused the hell out of the fact that they could solo everything with even half decent gear at that point in time made gold had the mount and the pet but Blizzard said hey mate no problem but we are going to lock the boosted character and remove those items are you sure you want that? I said sure am and it wasn't a problem and I get it as someone else mentioned maybe it was a cool "Favor." I just would have like some kind of warning on the policy change that apparently happened as according to my most recent ticket reply once you have a boosted character for longer than 3 months you are S.O.L. if you want a refund. I'm glad this was widely known knowledge /sarcasm
    The exception was your experience with WoD, and that should not be your expectation- they went out of their way to give you the benefit of the doubt, and gave you treatment not in line with their written policy, because Blizzard tends to have exceptional customer support and does try to go out of their way to give people what they want.

As itheiel posted immediately above, they have no obligation to refund a digital purchase, and their Terms of Sale clearly outline this policy.

By requesting an extremely late refund for a second time, they are much more likely to be concerned that you are intentionally abusing the system and their willingness to act outside of their own Terms of Sale to help customers, rather than being willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the same special treatment as last time.

Blizzard might well have done it the first time as a customer courtesy, but now they see the same repeat behavior and have decided not to do the refund. Stores do similar things with customer returns, allow it once as a courtesy, and then if the customer becomes a chronic returner they cut you off.

I used to work in the retention department of a cable company and customers like you were the bane of my existence.

People who get something that goes above and beyond commonly established policies then simply expect this experience to be repeated every single time they threaten to cancel something are spoiled, inconsiderate and frankly the greatest satisfaction I ever received at that job was telling people like you to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The exception was your experience with WoD, and that should not be your expectation- they went out of their way to give you the benefit of the doubt, and gave you treatment not in line with their written policy, because Blizzard tends to have exceptional customer support and does try to go out of their way to give people what they want.

As itheiel posted immediately above, they have no obligation to refund a digital purchase, and their Terms of Sale clearly outline this policy.

By requesting an extremely late refund for a second time, they are much more likely to be concerned that you are intentionally abusing the system and their willingness to act outside of their own Terms of Sale to help customers, rather than being willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the same special treatment as last time.
    I feel you. Thanks I'm not sure if it is the right thing to say but you at least helped me see it through different eyes as it were I'm still bummed out because I really haven't seen a class that looks like it will be for me or fun in legion and I've now got zero friends to play it with but eh maybe I'll give it a chance as it seems I'm stuck with buying the expansion anyway which I reckon is what they wanted my reaction to be in the first place. LOL.
    /

So you didn't learn from pre-ordering WoD?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I feel you. Thanks I'm not sure if it is the right thing to say but you at least helped me see it through different eyes as it were I'm still bummed out because I really haven't seen a class that looks like it will be for me or fun in legion and I've now got zero friends to play it with but eh maybe I'll give it a chance as it seems I'm stuck with buying the expansion anyway which I reckon is what they wanted my reaction to be in the first place. LOL.
    I understand that it can be frustrating.

At least the PTR is coming soon, and you can try some of the classes out on there for yourself! Personally, I found Frost DK to be very fun, and was also surprised to find that I like the new Beast Mastery just fine, with all the hate it's getting. It certainly has some problems, but it's hard to judge what you'll like just going on the reactions of others.

Hopefully you'll at least find some of the launch content enjoyable, so it won't feel as though you've totally lost your investment.

Holy shit I must be a wizard
    And there's the sarcasm. You don't deserve the refund. Don't spend money you don't have.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!