Thread: UEFA Euro 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodotnowin View Post
    They did what they had to do: defend and hope to score a goal on a counter attack. The onus was on us to win 3-0, 4-0, etc..

As for first matchday scores, I was only really surprised by Italy and Group F's results. Thought England would win (and they were unlucky not to), but their game wasn't easy.
    Italy won game after game after game using that tactic and every single team would rage at them "eh but you cannot do that blablabla".

Bale really needs to shut his gob.

Gonna end up embarrassing himself after we slaughter the sheep fuckers on Thursday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davos Seaworth View Post

Gonna end up embarrassing himself after we slaughter the sheep fuckers on Thursday.
    Jinxed it. Going to get 2 and go back home humiliated.

It would be pretty funny if Wales wins.

I think england vs wales will be close. England have the better squad but roy hodgson....egh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think england vs wales will be close. England have the better squad but roy hodgson....egh
    He sold you during his time at inter milan. You were on your prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    He sold you during his time at inter milan. You were on your prime.
    Haha yeah. What has he won though? He just seems like such an average manager. I don't know how much power the manager has over the English teams though because it really seems like england pick players on profile for marketing or some shit (Rooney, Wilshere)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Haha yeah. What has he won though? He just seems like such an average manager. I don't know how much power the manager has over the English teams though because it really seems like england pick players on profile for marketing or some shit (Rooney, Wilshere)
    I dont know. He looks too much like a caricature of himself to be taken seriously but thats just my opinion. Maybe he's a great manager but ah sure who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Anyway, everyone was saying this group was easy but i knew it wasn't. And Iceland was always my main worry because of precisely this, the height.
    It was/is still an easy group. Portugal are a good team, not a great team so they had an off day against a side who are tough to break down. It's a tournament full of those good but not great sides though, so I wouldn't get despondent about this result.

What? Why? :O you people exaggerate way too much, would have been a normal play with any other player, but since it's Pepe, it's blown out of proportions.
    Agreed. Pepe is a dick but he did nothing in this game that was worse than most centre backs in this tournament.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronaldo:
    “The way they celebrated at the end was unbelievable. Iceland don’t try to play, they just defend, defend and defend. Then they celebrate like they have won the Euros. This in my opinion shows a small mentality. They are not going to do anything in this competition.”

He might be a nice bloke away from football but he makes it very easy to call him a twat.
    Last edited by Soxoffender; 2016-06-14 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Ronaldo:
    “The way they celebrated at the end was unbelievable. Iceland don’t try to play, they just defend, defend and defend. Then they celebrate like they have won the Euros. This in my opinion shows a small mentality. They are not going to do anything in this competition.”

He might be a nice bloke away from football but he makes it very easy to call him a twat.
    I don't think his grapes could be any more sour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some talk about it in the Icelandic news that Ronaldo refused to shake hands with the Icelandic players after the game, that's pretty shitty if you ask me.
    Last edited by Torched; 2016-06-14 at 11:11 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Sore losers make it funny. If it wasn't for them it'd be boring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    Ronaldo:

Pretty rich coming from him.
    The only time I realized he was on the pitch was when he was taking pointlessly long range free kicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Some talk about it in the Icelandic news that Ronaldo refused to shake hands with the Icelandic players after the game, that's pretty shitty if you ask me.
    It's just Arrogantaldo being his sulky, angry childlike self again when he can't score a goal. And that is why I will always call Messi better then Ronaldo.

He keeps claiming to be the best, but in every important match he vanishes like smoke and gets worshipped like a God when he scores a penalty (E.g. This CL final). Whereas Messi can come out of nowhere even if he plays a worse match than usual.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2016-06-14 at 11:15 PM.

Deleted
    Just because he didn't score, doesn't mean he wasn't invisible on the field. If you look closely to Portugal's goal, the reason Nani could enter the box without any defender challenging him was because Ronaldo was luring 2 defenders on top of him, towards the far post.

He didn't have the best match ever, sure, but his goalscoring opportunities are much fewer when he has to play in the middle of the opposition's centre backs. He did have enough chances tonight to grab us the win, though, if he was in a good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because he didn't score, doesn't mean he wasn't invisible on the field.
    Which I was not implying. I was talking about his attitude after this particular match and the fact that, in general, he tends to be invisible in more important games (not counting this one as important)

Deleted
    His comments and attitude on the pitch were embarassing and poor sportsmanship.

The funny thing is Iceland could have gotten more out of the game.
    Portugal were poor at the end of the day, no point sulking about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    The funny thing is Iceland could have gotten more out of the game.
    http://www.livescore.com/euro/?statistics=2148259 Lel, OK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, both teams could've gotten more out of it. They didn't; moving on.

Deleted
    I thought you would be leading the charge for the English.
    Please tell me you at least bottled one Russki
    Nah Lille was full of Germans, French and Ukranians. The worst thing I did was sing '5-1....even heskey scored, 5-1 even heskey scored'