Thread: Need Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I understand that you're frustrated and you needed to vent but I don't think you're going to find any support here or change someone's stance that you put yourself into this situation. Let it be a lesson learned; don't pre-order. Furthermore, if you're going to rant on here (which you have every right to do) and you're looking to have a discussion about said topic... sarcasm and snarky "rebuttals" aren't going to get you anywhere.

"Yup I understand. I guess you have to get burned before you learn, at least in my case."
    - You never were (burned) in the first place, they extended you a courtesy the first time and weren't willing to do it a second time. If anything, you should be here praising them for allowing you to do the first one. Entitlement is an ugly thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    Ok but let me play....
    I have never seen someone that pigheaded like you in a long time. How old are you? You dont understand it, what all wrote you here? Really you should be thankful for the first refund... but from your post it looked like you planned to refund Legion pre-order from the whole beginning, because you "knew" they will refund it like first time. Blizzard aint dumb Good that they declined your refund. So stop crying and deal with it.

EDIT: that steam refund killed it... btw its 2 hours not 3
    Last edited by sgtmajfoley; 2016-06-15 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I used to work in the retention department of a cable company and customers like you were the bane of my existence.

People who get something that goes above and beyond commonly established policies then simply expect this experience to be repeated every single time they threaten to cancel something are spoiled, inconsiderate and frankly the greatest satisfaction I ever received at that job was telling people like you to fuck off.
    I don't think you understand where I'm coming from at all. I did not just blindly walk into opening a ticket thinking oh boy I'm guaranteed a refund here today.

I opened this thread to see if anyone knew something I didn't know when it came to the refund policy of which I am aware is technically ZERO refund policy on a digital purchase however as things have changed in digital gaming recently with someone like Valve who used to be considered the worst refund policy ever which is also zero and good luck getting someone to answer your ticket over there changed to allow 3 hours of gameplay and in my mind as legion had not released and normally at least to me when something has not been release you can cancel the order being told flat out no by my first rep and given no explanation as to why was a big WTF moment to me. I can go order any game in the world right now off Amazon or Steam and if the game has not been released I can get a refund.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    And there's the sarcasm. You don't deserve the refund. Don't spend money you don't have.
    Money was not my problem. Design decisions and lack of interest as well as everyone I've ever enjoyed the game with quitting because of the first reason is the reason.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Don't pre-order unless you're planning on playing NO MATTER WHAT. Problem fucking solved.

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from at all. I did not just blindly walk into opening a ticket thinking oh boy I'm guaranteed a refund here today.

I opened this thread to see if anyone knew something I didn't know when it came to the refund policy of which I am aware is technically ZERO refund policy on a digital purchase however as things have changed in digital gaming recently with someone like Valve who used to be considered the worst refund policy ever which is also zero and good luck getting someone to answer your ticket over there changed to allow 3 hours of gameplay and in my mind as legion had not released and normally at least to me when something has not been release you can cancel the order being told flat out no by my first rep and given no explanation as to why was a big WTF moment to me. I can go order any game in the world right now off Amazon or Steam and if the game has not been released I can get a refund.
    I don't understand then why you would order the Deluxe edition which has extra goodies included with it. It doesn't make any sense for you to have ordered a version of the game with additional features if you were even 1% uncertain you'd be playing the game. (Especially since you likely would have got your refund if you hadn't.)

You can use all the examples of other games in the world, but most of those pre-ordered games don't have cyclical monthly subscription models so their refund policies are obviously going to be a bit different than WoW's. Any way you slice it, this "problem" was 100% created by your ignorance and I don't know why you were expecting sympathy here.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-06-15 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordhel View Post
    I understand that you're frustrated and you needed to vent but I don't think you're going to find any support here or change someone's stance that you put yourself into this situation. Let it be a lesson learned; don't pre-order. Furthermore, if you're going to rant on here (which you have every right to do) and you're looking to have a discussion about said topic... sarcasm and snarky "rebuttals" aren't going to get you anywhere.

"Yup I understand. I guess you have to get burned before you learn, at least in my case."
    - You never were (burned) in the first place, they extended you a courtesy the first time and weren't willing to do it a second time. If anything, you should be here praising them for allowing you to do the first one. Entitlement is an ugly thing.
    Pretty much what I said to otaXephon would also be my same reply to you.
    /

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Probably because they're seeing a pattern of behavior where you pre-order, enjoy goodies, then want it refunded at the last minute.

This. They did it once, don't expect them to do it every time. Don't pre-order if you can't be sure if you'll regret it later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post about this but I need some help/advice from anyone who has refunded Legion. I am trying to get a refund and this is my response from blizzard.

Now while at first I was slightly ticked off I decided to try and keep as level a head as possible so I decided to check how much time had passed since my pre-order and started looking through my transaction log on battle.net and I noticed that well it had been 7 months so I chilled, I then noticed and remembered I refunded my Warlords of Draenor Digital Deluxe as well before the launch so I could just buy a normal cheaper copy of the game. I noticed however that the time between pre-order and refund was also 7 months. So now I'm left here as scratching my head a little mad at Blizzard again and wonder what should I do other than no longer pre-order video games because I've never getting screwed like this again.
    Returning used product 7 months after purchase is typically frowned upon. You have no leg to stand on here and certainly no right to be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't understand then why you would then order the Deluxe edition which has extra goodies included with it. It doesn't make any sense for you to have ordered a version of the game with additional features if you were even 1% uncertain you'd be playing the game. (Especially since you likely would have got your refund if you hadn't.)

You can use all the examples of other games in the world, but most of those pre-ordered games don't have cyclical monthly subscription models so their refund policies are obviously going to be a bit different than WoW's. Any way you slice it, this "problem" was 100% created by your ignorance and I don't know why you were expecting sympathy here.
    You are right and this is where I will admit to being wrong a lot of my enjoyment in World of Warcraft comes from playing with real life friends and I had no real way of knowing without first playing a beta or a PTR if we would still enjoy the game and in that regard I jumped the boat as did one of my friends who is also dealing with the same issue with blizzard right now and I'm over it really money wasn't the problem for me I simply from what I have seen and heard from a friend in the beta do not like the direction they decided to take with tanking and healing and that is that I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Returning used product 7 months after purchase is typically frowned upon. You have no leg to stand on here and certainly no right to be upset.
    Again as I've tried to state more than a few times now I was mostly upset at my first GM who simply said no at which point i opened a second ticket and had someone tell me about the policy change I guess they may not lock boosted characters anymore? I was simply told upon reply to my second ticket that after 3 months of having a boosted toon you will not get a refund which I had no idea how was I going to be aware of this policy change without asking the moment I ordered the game to which I understand where most people are coming from which is don't buy if you aren't sure and again as I've said to someone else yup screwed up and at this point I'm over it. Some people are saying I'm entitled I never went into it expecting a refund but if you are going to deny someone I just wanted a little bit more than no which again to be fair is all they really had to say technically which I do understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sgtmajfoley View Post
    I have never seen someone that pigheaded like you in a long time. How old are you? You dont understand it, what all wrote you here? Really you should be thankful for the first refund... but from your post it looked like you planned to refund Legion pre-order from the whole beginning, because you "knew" they will refund it like first time. Blizzard aint dumb Good that they declined your refund. So stop crying and deal with it.

EDIT: that steam refund killed it... btw its 2 hours not 3
    I don't see the need to insult someone and then call them a child? Pot calling the kettle black I'd say, But I never once said I was not thankful for the first refund because I was still am. I didn't plan on refunding legion until about a week after beta started going out to more people my friend got into beta tried all of the classes we liked I may or may not have played on his beta account with him present in the same room of course at which point most of my friends and myself decided we didn't like the direction of the game or the class deign tanks more dumb down than ever healers doing more DPS than some actual DPS but sucking at healing even a 5 man heroic.
    /

As the issue and question at hand seems to have been satisfactorily resolved, I'm going to close this in order to prevent any further derailing and arguments.