Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A ~1000 men get falsely accused of rape each day. It's 1 in 96 seconds. Heh, another one just got accused, falsely. Even suicide rate is slower.
    Last edited by Elim Garak; 2016-06-14 at 09:56 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Because it's amusing to these somewhat pathetic macho-wannabes get annoyed at a study that initially rocked their strong beliefs that being a selfish asshole yields more pussy AND that this is somehow something to strive for. That's funny, I think.
    You know very well, being nice and being empathic helps with getting friends. But that only means getting friendzones. The girls might trust you enough to be buddy with, but they will not see you as boyfriend material. Girls like aggression, and assholes, not because they are assholes but because assholes are aggressive, would defend them, and their property. it is basic biology at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Oh somebody wants to complete.
    Well not on this hemisphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I think last time we did the math on the actual amount of rape per 100.000 and then coupled with the percentage of false accusations, it ended at like 2-6 cases per 100.000.
    That is with FBIs numbers that estimate an 8 % rate of false accusations.
    Sounds pretty plausible to me. Nowhere near the range of panic mode, given that, say, the rate of car crashes is WAY higher than that - and yet people still use cars all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We'll no-one's gonna believe the guy if there's no other witnesses.
    It is not about who believes who, it is about who presents what evidence. If there is no evidence and no witnesses, then there will be no guilty verdict, in general. And, before people start linking individual cases, I want to clarify that I'm talking about the tendency, not about the absolute rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Seeing Gamdwelf (and Buck) discuss dating again gives me such a deja-vu, aargh, cringey.

Please guys, stahp :\

For me its guys who make me feel the most normal. I feel like somewhat of an oddity a lot of the time, so making me comfortable counts for a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    Seeing Gamdwelf (and Buck) discuss dating again gives me such a deja-vu, aargh, cringey.

Please guys, stahp :\
    But MMO Champ needs its daily portion of "evul women" and "forever alone"!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    But MMO Champ needs its daily portion of "evul women" and "forever alone"!
    Well, when in doubt, one can go all the way and take the RedPill! (Which is a sub on reddit where you can learn to be a misogynistic asshole and supposedly get an influx of submissive girls in bed who worship your amazing sex skills!)

Ohww, tea, there you are ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    100% I'm pretty sure.
    I should pick up loto tickets, never happened in 17 years lol.

Having empathy, doesn't mean you are some sensitive bitch boy. Idk why this study surprises you guys lol, it's not far fetched. For example, male singers drive women crazy. But alot of dudes like to call them gay, for showing their soft side. Now obviously male singers can be assholes too, but their soft side is what initially attracted women. And of course money/fame. I'm not claiming to be an expert, these are just my observations. Being yourself is probably the best advice, and if they don't like you, fuck em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when in doubt, one can go all the way and take the RedPill! (Which is a sub on reddit where you can learn to be a misogynistic asshole and supposedly get an influx of submissive girls in bed who worship your amazing sex skills!)

Ohww, tea, there you are ^^
    Hmm, what if I prefer dominant girls? Where do I go then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Having empathy, doesn't mean you are some sensitive bitch boy. Idk why this study surprises you guys lol, it's not far fetched.
    Some people think that there are only two types of men: "alphas" (who don't give a damn about others and just go around and "pick up girls" by their mega confidence alone) and "betas" (cowards who have zero confidence and always back down before "alphas"). Apparently, empathy is not "alpha" thing, so it must be "cowardly betas" who have it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Hmm, what if I prefer dominant girls? Where do I go then?

Some people think that there are only two types of men: "alphas" (who don't give a damn about others and just go around and "pick up girls" by their mega confidence alone) and "betas" (cowards who have zero confidence and always back down before "alphas"). Apparently, empathy is not "alpha" thing, so it must be "cowardly betas" who have it!
    My lap ofc *giggity*

It seems like most women go for the biggest douchebags, not empathetic people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    It seems like most women go for the biggest douchebags, not empathetic people.
    Quiet the opposite, you need to be pretty empathic to be the perfect douche and not some run of the mill one. You got to hurt them where it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    You know very well, being nice and being empathic helps with getting friends. But that only means getting friendzones. The girls might trust you enough to be buddy with, but they will not see you as boyfriend material. Girls like aggression, and assholes, not because they are assholes but because assholes are aggressive, would defend them, and their property. it is basic biology at work.
    I disagree with that. Most girls (like guys), if they are looking for a relationship, want a partner they can depend on. We aren't such slaves to our biology that we don't have ambitions and needs beyond creating offspring. Girls don't like being treated like shit. Sure, being confident and aggressive will get their attention, and might even give them an impression that you're a strong individual, but that's not enough to get you anywhere beyond a one night stand, you need to be a real human being as well. If you are getting friendzoned by girls all the time, you're not attractive enough, either it's looks, personality what you're doing with your life. They're not gonna start to date you if you start insulting them instead of being nice all of a sudden.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    My lap ofc *giggity*
    Mmm, sounds good! <3

Deleted
    You can't simply choose to be empathetic though. You either are, or you aren't. You can learn to sympathize, and you can even fake empathy outward, but you can no more teach someone to love someone else than you can teach someone to be empathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    So what would you breed, alphas, betas or omegas?
    ideally, something transcendent of our animalistic natures. something a hell of a lot better than what most people are.

and with the skin tone and hair color of the people from the disney atlantis movie.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When did machimso and empathy become mutually exclusive?

People creating false dichtomonies, lol.

Deleted
    A true alpha, or rather a leader, has to be empathetic. Or, feared. However, in a situation where fear isn't a tool they can use, a leader won't be leading anything without being empathetic.