Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    The game was new back then. Now the game is 10 years old. Is that a valid answer?
    Not really it was years old when it was "new"

Clearly something changed.

Yet you seem to do very well pointing at LFR.
    LFR is one of the most notable problems and one of the most grievous but it certainly isn't the only part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post

LFR is one of the most notable problems and one of the most grievous but it certainly isn't the only part of it.
    The fact blizzard is undoing all the changes made to looking for raid in warlords. Makes me think, it actually was a success and not as problematic as people claim but that's my opinion.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-06-15 at 03:10 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think + dungeons are much better than LFR. I think LFR is a pandoras box that can't be closed. It was a success, but there were better options, just... none at the time.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I think + dungeons are much better than LFR. I think LFR is a pandoras box that can't be closed. It was a success, but there were better options, just... none at the time.
    I disagree once you run dungeons and acquire gear from them there is no reason to run them again. Looking for raid has gear that takes longer to acquire and has several vanity items. Blizzard is also adding new dungeons this expansion on top of maintain looking for raid.

I don't think there were better solutions just better ways to handle looking for raid. Looking for raid could share a lockout with higher raid difficulties and blizzard could do more to push players into those difficulties.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-06-15 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    Success, unquestionably.
    Failure, unquestionably.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I disagree once you run dungeons and acquire gear from them there is no reason to run them again. Looking for raid has gear that takes longer to acquire and has several vanity items. Blizzard is also adding new dungeons this expansion on top of maintain looking for raid.

I don't think there were better solutions just better ways to handle looking for raid. Looking for raid could share a lockout with higher raid difficulties and blizzard could do more to push players into those difficulties.
    I guess you haven't looked at any legion news. Mythic dungeons in legion have endless difficulty, like rifts in Diablo. You can run them endlessly, and the difficulty never stops rising to meet your skill.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I guess you haven't looked at any legion news. Mythic dungeons in legion have endless difficulty, like rifts in Diablo. You can run them endlessly, and the difficulty never stops rising to meet your skill.
    The gear rewards stop at some point though and nobody is gonna run them forever.

True. Then how would people measure success? Number of people enjoyment? Because you would argue that raiding has been an expensive failure.
    I don't think there is a simple metric to whether something in game is a success or failure. There are many many things that go in to something like that. It can't be as simple as "people do it a lot" or "people don't do it". Enjoyment plays a factor in it for sure, again, not the only one. My issues with threads like these is that people use the "Lots of people do it, thus is it a success," argument. Success is obviously very subjective in itself, but having a complex item, in this case LFR, and trying to quantify it in a simple term is just a poor observation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    The gear rewards stop at some point though and nobody is gonna run them forever.
    Without a match making system that content will simple have less appeal. It will not scratch the casual itch.

So you not think that is the answer because you do not believe it so. Sounds like a religous answer. So what is the answer? Clearly you seems to know. Are you prepared to provided us that or do you deem us not worthy for this?

Yes, what a surprised.

LFR is not a major problem. LFR is a major problem for some players, that does not make it a major problem in the game. But you seems to like picking out LFR as the number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Failure, unquestionably.
    Success, unquestionably.

It took the power to exclude others out of the hands of players. No other mode in-game does that.

100% a success in that regard. One of the best features Blizzard came up with. It was so successful in fact, that many other MMOs adopted a similar system.

The only people that think it's a failure are those that don't want others doing "MUH CONTENTZ!!!" or getting "MUH EPIX!!!"

It is good for casual players that does not have the time to normal mode with a guild.

You know that is ~almost impossible~ to do a raid with premade group.

So if LFR did not exist these casual players would not get the chance to enjoy that content.

=P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    In WoD people by and large abandoned 5 mans. 5 mans were unsuccessful specifically because participation in that content was very brief. I mean this logic about people doing things in game can apply to anything. Mythic raiding is hardly a success.
    I wouldn't say 5 man were unsuccessful, yes heroic dungeons and normal dungeons are a joke and hardly anyone run them (at level 110). But a fair amount of players run mythic dungeons (which is a quite decent content, provided you don't go in with 30 ilvl above what you should be wearing).

So you not think that is the answer because you do not believe it so. Sounds like a religous answer. So what is the answer? Clearly you seems to know. Are you prepared to provided us that or do you deem us not worthy for this?

Yes, what a surprised.

LFR is not a major problem. LFR is a major problem for some players, that does not make it a major problem in the game. But you seems to like picking out LFR as the number one.
    The major problem is how the game has become more focused on catch up then progression. WoW should keep you in normal dungeons until you learn how to play well enough for heroic dungeons.

By doing so you make world quests once more a option for progression as well as profession. WoWs failing is the idea that everyone needs to see everything. To be frank they shouldn't when you look at vanilla and tbc even wrath people where always in different spots doing different content. This varied approach is needed.

WoDs biggest problem was it didn't have enough difficult content and it flooded players with rewards for doing easy content (pvp gear, TJ, LFR,Garrisons). This destroyed progression and left us with people who did very little content complaining there was none.

If LFR dropped gear on par with normal dungeons it would fit in fine with wow. The problem is the content isn't good enough that people will do it if its rewards are properly tuned so they need to bribe people to run it.

Bring back a proper progression based end game and you will see wow grow again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    I wouldn't say 5 man were unsuccessful, yes heroic dungeons and normal dungeons are a joke and hardly anyone run them (at level 110). But a fair amount of players run mythic dungeons (which is a quite decent content, provided you don't go in with 30 ilvl above what you should be wearing).
    Define a "fair amount"? Without match making its probably like 2 people..m

Bring back a proper progression based end game content and you will see wow grow again.
    fix'd for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    fix'd for you.
    How did you fix it? That isn't even a sentence....

1/10 see me after class

Looks like a sentence to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Looks like a sentence to me?
    bah typed it out and it did brb I need to go get my coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Failure, unquestionably.
    Let me ask you this:

Do you have access to the raw data that shows raid participation among active players before LFR was implemented?

Do you have access to the raw data that shows raid participation among active players after LFR was implemented?

Then its unquestionable because you aren't asking the right questions. Even if you were asking the right questions, you don't have access to relevant data that would allow you to make conclusions as to its success or failure.