Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    No other country in the developed world has a comparable right. It's hardly the fundamental touchstone to freedom that Americans think.

I physically fought for our Constitution through joining the military.

I'm not even really arguing against it.

You just have to recognize that situations like this horror in Orlando are the necessary outcome of such a right. You have decided, as a nation, that everyone should have the right to be armed, and that doesn't just apply to decent people.

There are valid reasons for considering repealing or amending the 2nd Amendment. Stamping your feet and saying "NEVER, that's NUTTY" really isn't a counter-argument. It's just an appeal to emotion. That doesn't mean there aren't valid reasons to back your position, you're just not bothering to argue them.
    Every argument you make is an emotional one. Then through that emotion you want to change our constitution because of how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post

Who does that extend too, and who gets to decide that? Our government? LoL. Slippery slope you're riding. How about stop letting people in the country who hate it and want to kill it's citizens?
    The guy who shot up the gaybar was born in New York...

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    hey guyz, why tweek the 2nd amendment when we can just wipe our asses with the 1st and call it a day?
    2nd holds all the amendments together. Get rid of it and the rest go with it.

Who does that extend too, and who gets to decide that? Our government? LoL. Slippery slope you're riding. How about stop letting people in the country who hate it and want to kill it's citizens?
    This was homegrown terrorism/lone nut. Your brilliant idea would not have worked in this case. And the slippery slope fallacy doesn't work in your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    To a radical that came from Afghanistan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This was homegrown terrorism/lone nut. Your brilliant idea would not have worked in this case. And the slippery slope fallacy doesn't work in your advantage.
    Where was his father from? Who did he sympathize with? Did his son inherit America's ideology or that of his father's?

in some slippery slope fallacy you were just criticizing. oh we can't touch the 2nd cuz SOMEDAY we might need it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    An ISIS aligned radical being born in the US is proving the point. When you immigrate too much you don't have control over which ideologies and cultures gain citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's not what anyone's saying.

What we're saying is that, if Islam were the actual issue here, it wouldn't have been something that changed in the last 15-20 years (which is the time frame we're talking); Islam's been around for 1400 years. If it were Islam that were to blame, they'd have been violent terrorists that entire time, and they clearly haven't.

Nor is it nearly as universal in modern Islam as you make it out to be.
    EXACTLY. All three of the latest terror attacks this past week weren't REAL ISLAM because they're incompatible with my incredibly vague secular interpretation of Islam that almost no Muslim follows so Islam is not a concern. Finally someone gets it.
    Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.
    What people call impartiality may simply mean indifference, and what people call partiality may simply mean mental activity.
    There is only one thing that requires real courage to say, and that is a truism.
    -GK Chesterton

Every argument you make is an emotional one. Then through that emotion you want to change our constitution because of how you feel.
    That's pretty rich coming from someone who's strawmanning tweeking the 2nd amendment into removing it completely.

T
    Where was his father from? Who did he sympathize with? Did his son inherit America's ideology or that of his father's?
    obviously not if he was frequenting a gay bar... the guy went there for 3 years prior to this happening.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can't reason with ignorance. He's the definition of it. When you start stating UN laws to coincide with the us Constitution then you can kiss my ass. Also stating my money that gets taxed isn't my money, he can kiss my ass on that one as well. People like him want to tax the ever living fuck out of the middle class.
    Yeah that ain't any better and is irrelevant to the thread. But I bet that was his fault as well.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    An ISIS aligned radical being born in the US is proving the point. When you immigrate too much you don't have control over which ideologies and cultures gain citizenship.
    It doesn't prove the point the guy was arguing which is that this wouldn't happen if the government would "Stop letting people in the country who hate it and want to kill it's citizens?".

7+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty rich coming from someone who's strawmanning tweeking the 2nd amendment into removing it completely.
    "Tweeking" is vague. Why not say specifically what you want to take away?
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-06-15 at 02:27 AM.

You anti gunners have already tweaked the shit out of it. I will not budge on giving anymore of my rights away.

I'd rather die fighting than on my knees. Molon Labe anti gunners

When was the last time the 2nd amendment protected any other?

- - - Updated - - -

You anti gunners have already tweaked the shit out of it. I will not budge on giving anymore of my rights away.

I'd rather die fighting than on my knees. Molon Labe anti gunners

"Tweaked the shit out of it" as in you've never had broader gun rights in this country than you do today.

You anti gunners
    More emotionally charged strawman. I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    When was the last time the 2nd amendment protected any other?
    it WILL not it did, it will save all of them on the allotted day which has yet to be discussed.

7+ Year Old Account
    More emotionally charged strawman. I rest my case.
    "You anti gunners" is not emotional language.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    "You anti gunners" is not emotional language.
    But you agree it's a strawman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SocialJusticeWarrior View Post
    EXACTLY. All three of the latest terror attacks this past week weren't REAL ISLAM because they're incompatible with my incredibly vague secular interpretation of Islam that almost no Muslim follows so Islam is not a concern. Finally someone gets it.
    It's more that any claims about "real Islam" are based on fearmongering and propaganda, not facts. Just like they would be if you started talking about "real Christianity" and citing abortion clinic bombings and the like. It's just nonsense.

Unless all Muslims agree with you, it isn't "real Islam", it's just a particular sect's interpretation, at best, and most of the things people take issue with aren't even that, they're regional or political.

Again; Malala Yousafzai is Muslim. If your views on what "real Islam" believe don't cover her work for women's rights and education in the Muslim world, then you don't have any idea what Islam actually is.