Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Considering the GPU of Scorpio to be 4.5 times faster than of the current Xbox, it will 100% run 60 fps at full hd (1080p) and it will run 30 to 60 fps in 4k, all depends on the game and optimization. It may run all 60fps in 4k, but probably wont because some game will go craaazy with the graphics and it may be 30 to 60 fps.
    Look:
    Xbox One GPU power: 1.31 teraflop
    PS4 GPU power: 1.84 teraflop
    Xbox Scorpio GPU power: 6 teraflop
    PS4.5 Neo GPU power: probably 6 teraflop? they will win again if they reach more.

So you can do the math. PS4 with just 1.84 teraflops runs 1080p at 30 to 60 fps depending on a game.

To make it easier for you: Compare GeForce GTX 960 and 980 with GeForce 1070, 1080:
    GeForce GTX 960: 2.3 teraflop
    GeForce GTX 980: 5.3 teraflop
    GeForce 1070 6.5 teraflop
    GeForce 1080: 8.8 teraflop

1080 is ~4 times faster than 960. Imagine, that you will have the same jump between Xbox One and Xbox Scorpio. So upgrading from Xbox One to Scorpio will be like upgrading from GeForce GTX 960 to GeForce 1080. Now you can easily understand the scale.

And, to make it more interesting: Xbox Scorpio GPU power should be faster than 980 and almost the same as GeForce 1070. So now you can try to imagine the 4k Scorpio gaming. Of course, memory matters and because we know almost nothing about Scropio's memory, we can't compare it.

I am 100% gonna buy Xbox Scorpio, that's for sure. The price of 600$? who cares, people will buy it, simply because it will be released by the end of 2017. You can save enough money for that.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2016-06-15 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    Why is it called Scorpio. Why not Two.

You've got your Xbox...or Xbox 1...or "first Xbox"...then you should get your Xbox 2, but no, you get Xbox 3...60. Which is like, the same Xbox if you think about it; 360 degrees is a full circle. Oh well... So, then you might get an Xbox 720, cos, you know, 2 x 360 is 720 or something. But instead, you get Xbox One. So, well, the third Xbox is "One", the second Xbox is "Three...sixty", the first Xbox is just Xbox, and now the fourth is SCORCHIOO...Scorpiooo!

Screw you Microsoft.

Who cares about the name, seriously. It can be named "Xbox Papadopulos" or "Xbox Totem" or "Xbox Xbox" and it's ok too, I don't care at all.

Deleted
    Or Ybox. Then Zbox. Then start all over and the next one will just be a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Or Ybox. Then Zbox. Then start all over and the next one will just be a box.
    Yeah, that sounds fun and after that just name it "Console 1" for hipsters of 2030.

You've got your Xbox...or Xbox 1...or "first Xbox"...then you should get your Xbox 2, but no, you get Xbox 3...60. Which is like, the same Xbox if you think about it; 360 degrees is a full circle. Oh well... So, then you might get an Xbox 720, cos, you know, 2 x 360 is 720 or something. But instead, you get Xbox One. So, well, the third Xbox is "One", the second Xbox is "Three...sixty", the first Xbox is just Xbox, and now the fourth is SCORCHIOO...Scorpiooo!

Screw you Microsoft.
    This seems like one of the most pointless things to get upset about, to be honest, especially for a mid-generation update rather than a full refresh..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Who cares about the name, seriously. It can be named "Xbox Papadopulos" or "Xbox Totem" or "Xbox Xbox" and it's ok too, I don't care at all.
    I want Totem Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    The price of 600$? who cares, people will buy it, simply because it will be released by the end of 2017.
    The XB1 would like a world with you.

To be fair they didn't say $600 but for it to be on the levels of a GTX 1070 (at min) there is no way its cheaper then $600 IMO. Also the majority of console gamer's really give no fucks about 4k or 60fps.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Honestly, I think I'll probably get this. I don't have the patience to build or troubleshoot a gaming PC (always had problems with them). If Microsoft basically builds me a high end gaming PC and allows me to play every Xbox game and dare I say... potentially any game for Windows 10 (I think they'll do this going by their presentation at E3)... this is kinda right up my alley.

No headaches of the gaming PC, just a neat packaged box.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Honestly, I think I'll probably get this. I don't have the patience to build or troubleshoot a gaming PC (always had problems with them). If Microsoft basically builds me a high end gaming PC and allows me to play every Xbox game and dare I say... potentially any game for Windows 10 (I think they'll do this going by their presentation at E3)... this is kinda right up my alley.

No headaches of the gaming PC, just a neat packaged box.
    Don't get me wrong I love tech so I love the idea.

I just don't see it selling well or cheap and I really don't see all games doing 4k/60fps. I hope they prove me wrong to be honest.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This seems like one of the most pointless things to get upset about, to be honest, especially for a mid-generation update rather than a full refresh..
    There's no "upset" in my post other than what the reader projects into it. I can't denote sarcasm or the tone of my voice with text.

In other words, I'm not upset over the name of the console. I found the 360 name silly back when that came out, thought it made no sense, and felt the same about One, and this one continues the trend.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-06-15 at 04:31 AM.

Its the code name, every tech company does it, for all we know it can be called the Xbox 1.5 when it comes out. Its like the PS VR was called Project Morpheus.

For Me I will be getting this, because I do enjoy playing games on consoles on my couches from time to time or local mutiplayer with RL Friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Don't get me wrong I love tech so I love the idea.

I just don't see it selling well or cheap and I really don't see all games doing 4k/60fps. I hope they prove me wrong to be honest.
    It wont be higher than $600, MS and Sony use AMD as appose to Int and Nvidea because of cost, and they both (MS and Sony) always lose money on console sales because they make it up in the long run with Game sales (http://www.geek.com/games/sony-will-...sales-1571335/) I think the only company that make a profit on console sales is Nintendo, that why their console is soooo under power. But i do think they will "not" be able to pull off the 4k native, but the whole reason for the GPU is so they will support the Oculus Rift and will soon announce a partnership with them.

Here someone breaking it down on how it would work out to stay under $500
    https://youtu.be/msMUSFHZHMM?t=21s
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2016-06-15 at 04:48 AM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    It wont be higher than $600, MS and Sony use AMD as appose to Int and Nvidea because of cost, and they both (MS and Sony) always lose money on console sales because they make it up in the long run with Game sales.
    Well, it's more that only AMD has the capability to make an x86 APU package. Intel's GPU sucks, plain and simple. Nvidia's CPU (Denver custom ISA/ARM) sucks, real bad. So really all that's left is AMD.

Also don't bother comparing consumer price to manufacturer cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    It wont be higher than $600, MS and Sony use AMD as appose to Int and Nvidea because of cost, and they both (MS and Sony) always lose money on console sales because they make it up in the long run with Game sales (http://www.geek.com/games/sony-will-...sales-1571335/) I think the only company that make a profit on console sales is Nintendo, that why their console is soooo under power. But i do think they will "not" be able to pull off the 4k native, but the whole reason for the GPU is so they will support the Oculus Rift and will soon announce a partnership with them.

Here someone breaking it down on how it would work out to stay under $500
    https://youtu.be/msMUSFHZHMM?t=21s
    Originally the ps4 sold at a super small loss and now each ps4 sold is a profit for sony. That happen I think about half a year out after the ps4's launch. But ya your right the XB1 has always sold at a loss.

The thing is tho Microsoft isn't making dick on there Xbox Division so I really don't see how they can get away with selling another system at a loss even more so if its a high one.

Even if they do launch it at $500 that is still quite a hard sell (Even more so if they make it so people can VR with the Rift).

I know as much as anyone else here about this system, I just don't see where its worth its and who they are trying to sell it to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Well, it's more that only AMD has the capability to make an x86 APU package. Intel's GPU sucks, plain and simple. Nvidia's CPU (Denver custom ISA/ARM) sucks, real bad. So really all that's left is AMD.

Also don't bother comparing consumer price to manufacturer cost.
    Well said and ya this is the only reason both Sony and Microsoft has picked AMD.

I wonder how they intent to manage all the excess heat in their usual form factor. The weak-sauce current gen already gets quite hot and they pretty much claim they quadrupled the flops (and therefore switching losses). Even if one switching cycle is vastly superior to the current tech, the R9 series draws quite a lot of power..

Edit: Furthermore, I agree with the OP. It seems like a rather odd move, I guess they push for 4k to get solid VR performance, because frankly I don't see many people actually use 4k in the next 3-4 years in the living room. There is still barely any supply of 4k media that would justify acquiring a 4k TV/Monitor.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-06-15 at 05:06 AM.

Deleted
    It's all about new chip Vega - now it is obvious that Scoprio will have very considarable tech advantage over PSneo. Question is how much of a performance leap we will get. Considering how "crafty" Radeon has become I wouldn't be surprised if we would actually get very satisfying 4k experience and this is coming from a totally hopeless NVIDIA fanboy.

One more important thing from the video which I agree with: if Sony won't release NEO this year, they might be in a very bad position. This.. this may be a very real chance for xbox to trully close in on PS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not going to be Vega, 2 stacks of HBM2 for 8GB is 512GB/s bandwidth. 2048bit buswidth @ 2Gbps. (2048 * 2000 / 8). Which is a very big difference compared to 320GB/s bandwidth.

Deleted
    It's not going to be Vega, 2 stacks of HBM2 for 8GB is 512GB/s bandwidth. 2048bit buswidth @ 2Gbps. (2048 * 2000 / 8). Which is a very big difference compared to 320GB/s bandwidth.
    It doesn't have to be HBM2, besides it seems Scorpio will have at least 12GB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    It doesn't have to be HBM2, besides it seems Scorpio will have at least 12GB.
    They've announced it themselves as 8GB@320GB/s bandwidth. Currently I can think of a few potential memory configurations. The more costly one (depending on pov) is a 256bit (8chip) GDDR5X capacity at 8Gb clocked at 10Gbps which will net you exactly 320GB/s. The more likely side of it for compatibility sake is 8GB GDDR5 or maybe even potentially DDR3 with a better eSRAM set up to increase effective bandwidth.

I said HBM because Vega is specifically a HBM GPU.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-06-15 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    They've announced it themselves as 8GB@320GB/s bandwidth. Currently I can think of a few potential memory configurations. The more costly one (depending on pov) is a 256bit (8chip) GDDR5X capacity at 8Gb clocked at 10Gbps which will net you exactly 320GB/s. The more likely side of it for compatibility sake is 8GB GDDR5 or maybe even potentially DDR3 with a better eSRAM set up to increase effective bandwidth.

I said HBM because Vega is specifically a HBM GPU.
    Reviewed the forge video. There are 12 mem modules and we still don't know enough about Vega to really count out a variant of it which would work with "standard" mem. I'm siding with DigitalForge on this one:
    - variant of Vega
    - 12gb mem
    - close to zero chances for Zen tech
    - new tech for "upscaling graphics" to 4k

Unless the hardware included in the promo video was just a ruse...