Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    From my experience artifact power is something you gain by effort, not by skill, which means there will be players who dont necessarily enjoy raids who will cap out faster than a lot of mythic raiders, especially considering the amount of AP you get from wiping a lot on the same boss doesn't give you a whole lot of AP.

However relics are something you gain according to the difficulty of the content which still leaves mythic raiders to have a greater artifact than a lot of others
    This would be accurate. Mythic raiders will have better relics which upgrade the ilvl of the artifact weapon and a point in a trait.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    mythic raiders now don't have any content to justify playing more than 4-6 hours a week.

My gut tells me that the one who kills one boss pr week will get it first, while I know statistically the one who invests time will be more likely to get it.

While you have a 725 (735?) staff I would expect your overall gear to be around 715, and that is still nowhere close to my 745 gear.
    I haven't been playing much on him, as stated, but if I ran mythics far more often I could be 730~735 before the legendary ring (which adds another 4 iLvls or so). That's, of course, without tier either though.

But we're talking Legion. That staff is +40 iLvls. In Legion, it caps at +75. How would you feel if that staff wasn't 735 (after valor) but 770?

Applying Legion to early WoD:

Heroic Dungeons: 630 - 705
    LFR HM: 640 - 715
    Normal HM: 655 - 730
    Heroic HM: 670 - 745
    Mythic HM: 685 - 760

World Drops: 765

Looks good right? Mythic at 760 and LFR is 715? Well keep in mind those Heroic Dungeons can be run multiple times per day and you can only run the Mythic raid once per week.

RNG is RNG- people on the Beta are already seeing the '705' in normal heroic dungeons- a lucky few (including LFR players) will have '705' items before the raids even open. There will probably be passing on loot in your guild because they have a titanforged piece out of a heroic, or normal (or LOL LFR). In today's terms, it'd be like you seeing a LFR player running around Stormwind with a 770 iLvl piece of loot out of LFR.

And the legendaries are random. You're expected to use it for the whole expansion once it drops. Of course, a legendary might drop when you're level 105, a week into the expansion... or you might not see it until patch 7.3.

They're adapting Diablo to it. Gear is more about RNG than skill now- like Diablo, only the best stuff drops in Torment X, but Torment I can often drop stuff just as good, if not better, too.