Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Zelda's handmaiden and she was pretty badass in Hyrule Warriors, but I also liked her OoT and Skyward Sword incarnations as well.
    It was a joke! I know who Impa is.

Honestly though, I'd rather they go full blown it if they were to offer opposite genders.

Make it like, Female Link, Male Zelda, and Male Impa.

The names would probably be horrible though, because they'd probably stick to Linkle, but then it would be like, Prince Zeld, and everyone's favorite, Impo.

Seems like the removed a lot of the detail compared to last years trailer.. but then I just skimmed through the gameplay vid for now.

Honestly I havnt been this hyped for a nintendo game in years. Apart from the HD ports of WW and TP zelda franchise has been really lacluster... good god skyward sword is awful.

But this beautiful magical game is just .... omg I want it now and we have barely scratched the surface. I cant blieve how big it looks! 100+ mini dungeons. I also really dig the ancient ruins/technology angle they seem to be going for. Just this one game if its all it appears will make owning a wiiu worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris the Shaman View Post
    Who knows with Nintendo. Knowing my luck they'll release it first for Wii U. Delay the NX again along with Zelda. Then release the NX with the game.
    It's coming for the NX, because they've already mentioned it a few times. The reason why they won't do the pre-order thing is probably to keep it quiet until the NX reveal later this year.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else see this game and think "I wonder what this would look like with maybe 5 million other players?"

Nintendo is always late, but much like a Wizard, they arrive precisely when they mean to and need to.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    preordered

yoink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Anyone else see this game and think "I wonder what this would look like with maybe 5 million other players?"

Nintendo is always late, but much like a Wizard, they arrive precisely when they mean to and need to.
    A Legend of Zelda MMO? Fuck no. A 4 player co op game like 4 swords except 3D? That'd be dope.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't want to play more than one person anything. Link is a the Hero of Time, no one else.
    BAD WOLF

I suppose i'm going to buy an NX after all. Yes, it's Skyrim oriented from what i see, and i like it. I can cope with people saying that TES should be less arcade-y and more immersive, but in a Zelda game i think it's just perfect.

Let's wait for more news, as i'm surely not going to buy a wiiU just for it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Welp, guess I'll go put away sixty-ish dollars for the next 9 months or so. For real, though, this and Monster Hunter Generations are all I'm really excited for that are coming out over the next year (that I'm currently aware of), so it shouldn't be that hard to save some cash for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would give us an indication of when the NX will launch in comparison to he Wii U version of this game. I don't own a Wii U, and would rather just get in on the NX at launch, especially if the NX supports Wii U (and older games) and Zelda looks and performs better on the NX.

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    I wish they would give us an indication of when the NX will launch in comparison to he Wii U version of this game. I don't own a Wii U, and would rather just get in on the NX at launch, especially if the NX supports Wii U (and older games) and Zelda looks and performs better on the NX.
    Nintendo has stated that they'll release simultaneously on the Wii U and the NX. So when the Wii-U version comes out, is also when the NX version comes out.

The NX system is releasing in March 2017.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The pre-ordering is for the digital version. This is to flag your account to start early downloading right before the game comes out.

How can they do that when the NX hasn't even been fully shown off yet?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/...he-wild-ending

Aounuma is saying you could go straight to the final boss at the very beginning of the game if you wanted to. Wouldn't be optimal.

so, you guys, ive been under the assumption that this is hyrule unflooded via koroks.

but, ive been thinking, looking at the shadowy ganon thingy in the castle thats being contained. it reminded me of something

"It turns out that the Ganon featured in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is known as the Calamity Ganon, who caused chaos in Hyrule 100 years prior to the events of the game, before being trapped in Hyrule Castle. In Breath of the Wild the Calamity Ganon plans to break free and destroy the world, as Link is tasked with trying to stop him.

The Calamity Ganon makes a brief appearance in the demo of the game that is playable on the E3 2016 show floor, though can't be seen in full. It does appear briefly in Breath of the Wild's new trailer, which depicts it encircling Hyrule Castle."

what if this is a prequel to wind waker and it ends with link failing and hyrule flooding?

but then the question would be.. who is this link? if its a wind waker sequel we can just assume its a reincarnation of the hero of the wind who proved himself to be an adequate replacement for the hero of the time and earned the respect of the triforce or, perhaps, the hero of the wind himself grown up in a ocarina of time esque sleep coma, maybe he even put himself in a coma after having a family incase ganon ever returned.

but if its a prequel and hes waking up after 100 years... is this a clone? a time remnant of the hero of time? if its a prequel does that mean wind waker link WAS a reincarnation? does that mean wind waker link didnt prove himself and was just another in a long line of eternal reincarnation?

personally i still believe this is a sequel to wind waker. but its fun to speculate. either way, its clear its either before or after wind waker especially with how nintendo put that korok right in the demo and were all "wink wink hint hint, speculate"

"The Korok race consists of wooden people with the ability to fly. The Koroks are spirits known as 'The Children of the Woods' and are watched over by the Great Deku Tree who resides in Forest Haven.[1][2] The Koroks are said to have once been the race of humanoid children-looking creatures called Kokiri, but by the time they meet a young Link upon the Great Sea, they have taken on wooden bodies.[3] The Koroks became these creatures when they gave up their human selves for the ability to fly, with the help of an item called a Deku Leaf.

Once a year, a select group of Koroks go out into the world to plant trees. This is done so that one day, the sea will retreat, and the people on the islands can live as one.[4] This is preceded by a large ceremony, with music provided by a Korok named Makar. He remains in Forest Haven to practice this music for the entire year on his violin to prepare for the show. Meanwhile, another Korok named Hollo studies potion-making in an area of Forest Haven. "

http://zeldawiki.org/Korok

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    The pre-ordering is for the digital version. This is to flag your account to start early downloading right before the game comes out.

How can they do that when the NX hasn't even been fully shown off yet?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/15/...he-wild-ending

Aounuma is saying you could go straight to the final boss at the very beginning of the game if you wanted to. Wouldn't be optimal.
    probably because the nx comes out q1 2017 and this probably wont be a launch title.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    OoT Water Temple scarred me for life as a child. Just approaching a water temple gives me a headache and brings forth great sobs of misery.
    IMO Majoras Mask was worse due to the time restraint. The Twilight Princess one was pretty good, I enjoyed it actually, except for the boss. I don't remember Skyward Sword, but that's probably a good thing...if I don't remember it, it's probably not that bad. OoT scarred me for life as well, seriously...fuck that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    OoT Water Temple scarred me for life as a child. Just approaching a water temple gives me a headache and brings forth great sobs of misery.
    Then you would've been scarred away from Zelda games for life if you had gone into Jabu Jabu's Belly in Oracle of Ages. That dungeon has the same water level lowering and raising as the Water Temple in Ocarina of Time, but worse thanks to it's 2Dness and the Mermaid Suit being annoying to deal with (you have to press the control pad in the direction you want to go in repeatedly).

10+ Year Old Account
    much bigger fan of the twilight princess art style, but i guess this will have to do, i'm a sucker for LoZ games.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    IMO Majoras Mask was worse due to the time restraint. The Twilight Princess one was pretty good, I enjoyed it actually, except for the boss. I don't remember Skyward Sword, but that's probably a good thing...if I don't remember it, it's probably not that bad. OoT scarred me for life as well, seriously...fuck that place.
    I hope BotW makes dungeons difficult as heck, with the hardest enemies reserved for those alone. They did say that you can go to the final boss of the game from the very start, so I can imagine dungeons being more of a curveball this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    much bigger fan of the twilight princess art style, but i guess this will have to do, i'm a sucker for LoZ games.
    Bottom of the Well (BotW) actually reminds me a bit of Studio Ghibli's artstyle.