10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromnak View Post
    You have us confused with Encore.

And it wasn't all of them, just a few, as far as I know.
    Gotcha, all gravy.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

So pre patch is on ptr right away how is everyone feeling about fury at the moment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknownuser View Post
    So pre patch is on ptr right away how is everyone feeling about fury at the moment?
    Its different. If you don't like different, then you're gonna hate your life. With good gear, max level at 110, and a maxed out Artifact at 110 it isn't bad. Survivability may/may not be an issue, but we'll see. Warriors are in a competitive spot DPS wise with AOE and ST. They can flop between talents to focus on either. Some argue the rotation is shitty, some argue its clunky, and there's math that Raging Blow won't even be pressed during an optimal rotation. If Raging Blow does end up being stripped out of the rotation, then Blizzard will handle that, I'm positive. I still think it needs some tweaks but its playable. Veterans to Fury may wanna sit down and breathe deep; newcomers to the spec will think its pretty cool I think. I await to be blasted by the negative haters though. So, hate away...
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    So, hate away...
    My major complaint with Fury is that there's just way too much shit going on to be comfortable. You'll call me crazy, "no way more interaction is bad!", and I know a lot of mechanics sounds exciting at first, but throwing too much at players is just as bad as too little.

Fury has eight separate maintenance buffs, procs, and mechanical effects to track, many of which can occur simultaneously:
    • Enrage
    • Berserking
    • Odyn's Champion
    • Juggernaut
    • Frenzy
    • Sense Death
    • Sudden Death (legendary)
    • Wrecking Ball
    • Massacre

And this isn't including standard coolodowns, abilities which occur without altering the rotation, or short-term effects which are naturally consumed (Meat Cleaver, BT crit stack, Bloodthirst legendary, Reck/Dragon Roar).

Compare this to Arms which has five:
    • Colossus Smash debuff
    • Tactician (CS/MS resets)
    • Overpower
    • Rend

Making it much easier to manage. It's kind of indicative of recent design to be honest - in WoD they made one agonizingly slow spec (Arms) and one painfully fast one (Gladiator), both well outside the games normal APM range, rather than tuning them both within comfortable limits.

Of course, I'm sure someone out there likes this and will defend it all day, just like I'm sure someone in WoD liked the fact that pre-T18 Arms didn't have a single proc or dynamic mechanic whatsoever and some masochistic mother fucker enjoyed the feeling of their fingers bleeding while playing Gladiator; ultimately though, it's a deviation from the standard, which is more likely to be uncomfortable for the majority than not.

Is this a bad thing? Up to each individual, but in my experience the target is for enough mechanics to be engaging, but not so many that it requires absolute attention. Unfortunately, Fury falls on the wrong side.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    My major complaint with Fury is that there's just way too much shit going on to be comfortable. You'll call me crazy, "no way more interaction is bad!", and I know a lot of mechanics sounds exciting at first, but throwing too much at players is just as bad as too little.

Fury has eight separate maintenance buffs, procs, and mechanical effects to track, many of which can occur simultaneously:
    • Enrage
    • Berserking
    • Odyn's Champion
    • Juggernaut
    • Frenzy
    • Sense Death
    • Wrecking Ball
    • Massacre

And this isn't including standard coolodowns, abilities which occur without altering the rotation, or short-term effects which are naturally consumed (Meat Cleaver, BT crit stack, Bloodthirst legendary, Reck/Dragon Roar).

• Colossus Smash debuff
    • Overpower
    • Rend

Making it much easier to manage. It's kind of indicative of recent design to be honest - in WoD they made one agonizingly slow spec (Arms) and one painfully fast one (Gladiator), both well outside the games normal APM range, rather than tuning them both within comfortable limits.

Of course, I'm sure someone out there likes this and will defend it all day, just like I'm sure someone in WoD liked the fact that pre-T18 Arms didn't have a single proc or dynamic mechanic whatsoever and some masochistic mother fucker enjoyed the feeling of their fingers bleeding while playing Gladiator; ultimately though, it's a deviation from the standard, which is more likely to be uncomfortable for the majority than not.

Is this a bad thing? Up to each individual, but in my experience the target is for enough mechanics to be engaging, but not so many that it requires absolute attention. Unfortunately, Fury falls on the wrong side.
    Well thats sad to hear, but as a long time fury fan I will still play fury , I just may have to level my mage sooner than I thought haha

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownuser View Post
    Well thats sad to hear, but as a long time fury fan I will still play fury , I just may have to level my mage sooner than I thought haha
    It can certainly still be fun to play, and as I said, some people may even enjoy it more because of the fact; as far as raiding is concerned however, I consider it an uncomfortable overload. Make your own decision.

So our 3rd relic slot is still gated behind the Court of Stars dungeon which can now only be accessed on Mythic difficulty. I expect this will be changed but I wonder to what.

Quote Originally Posted by Naeno View Post
    So our 3rd relic slot is still gated behind the Court of Stars dungeon which can now only be accessed on Mythic difficulty. I expect this will be changed but I wonder to what.
    I read Warr is the only class campaign gated this way, if so that is lame

It can certainly still be fun to play, and as I said, some people may even enjoy it more because of the fact; as far as raiding is concerned however, I consider it an uncomfortable overload. Make your own decision.
    This has kind of been the theme with Fury ever since they started fucking with it.

Fun at entry level, where the players are more casual and do not worry much for absolute min/maxing. Once you start actually trying to min/max and finding the best way to get the most out of your spec, Fury just falls apart.

It's just infuriating tbh.

• Enrage
    • Berserking
    • Odyn's Champion
    • Juggernaut
    • Frenzy
    • Sense Death
    • Wrecking Ball
    • Massacre

• Colossus Smash debuff
    • Overpower
    • Rend

Is Rend really the go to talent? I hate rend and am glad to see it relegated to a talent. Can the alternatives compete?

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfey View Post
    Is Rend really the go to talent? I hate rend and am glad to see it relegated to a talent. Can the alternatives compete?
    No, and in some situations neither is Overpower or Wrecking Ball, but they should all be listed for completions sake.

Deleted
    My major complaint with Fury is that there's just way too much shit going on to be comfortable.

• Enrage
    • Berserking
    • Odyn's Champion
    • Juggernaut
    • Frenzy
    • Sense Death
    • Wrecking Ball
    • Massacre

• Colossus Smash debuff
    • Overpower
    • Rend

Making it much easier to manage.
    That's just a good enough point for me to go Arms in Legion. On beta I already liked it, although I like Fury pace, but like you said, there's just too much too keep track off and from an optimal point of view, you'll want to align as much as possible with cooldowns, making your rotation very very depending on micromanagement and to some extend, RNG..

Keeping track of fury maintenence buffs and pros will be a weak aura nightmare for me lol. Feel like I will go crazy trying to min max

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    That's just a good enough point for me to go Arms in Legion. On beta I already liked it, although I like Fury pace, but like you said, there's just too much too keep track off and from an optimal point of view, you'll want to align as much as possible with cooldowns, making your rotation very very depending on micromanagement and to some extend, RNG..
    More or less why I'm favoring Arms (balance permitting). It's a lot of fun to play Fury, but throughout a 4 hour raid, multiple days a week, it can just as easily become mind-numbing.

I still like Fury better aesthetically though; the Arms artifact just looks bland to me.

More or less why I'm favoring Arms (balance permitting). It's a lot of fun to play Fury, but throughout a 4 hour raid, multiple days a week, it can just as easily become mind-numbing.

I still like Fury better aesthetically though; the Arms artifact just looks bland to me.
    That hidden artifact skin for fury is still one of the best among all weapons IMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Keeping track of fury maintenence buffs and pros will be a weak aura nightmare for me lol. Feel like I will go crazy trying to min max
    I see it as a fun challenge to make the best setup possible, with things like BT crit chance indicator and multiple execute procs. Fury will definitely be very difficult to play optimally without a good WA setup.

Quote Originally Posted by FSDenys View Post
    I see it as a fun challenge to make the best setup possible, with things like BT crit chance indicator and multiple execute procs. Fury will definitely be very difficult to play optimally without a good WA setup.
    Could be a fun challenge or a headache when nothing wants to line up correctly. I enjoy it on beta but sometimes it feels like I'm kind of losing control if that makes sense lol. I'm hoping arms is close to fury because idk how well I'll be able to raid lead and play fury to maximum efficiency. Arms set bonuses look pretty good. Although 1.5 seconds extra on enrage is probably verrrry helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Could be a fun challenge or a headache when nothing wants to line up correctly. I enjoy it on beta but sometimes it feels like I'm kind of losing control if that makes sense lol. I'm hoping arms is close to fury because idk how well I'll be able to raid lead and play fury to maximum efficiency. Arms set bonuses look pretty good. Although 1.5 seconds extra on enrage is probably verrrry helpful
    Oh man, I sort of dread having to raid with that much of a headache for 4 hours a night, multiple nights. Arms is looking so nice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    It's just infuriating tbh.
    Would you say you find it Enraging?

Sorry, I'll be off in the corner somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    That hidden artifact skin for fury is still one of the best among all weapons IMO
    Agree completely; I honestly want to play Fury just because of it (the orange coloration in particular looks great), but I won't do so if I have the choice.

It's not that I hate the Arms artifact, it's just uninspired. It's a 2-handed sword... that's it. It's no bigger than other weapons, it has no real unique qualities or effects like the Apocalypse sword (runes, flies, etc) or Ashbringer (flames, etc). The Blade of the Champion skin, imo, looks far too similar to the base and Vengeance skin, like some outcast Throne of Thunder weapons. I like Wrath's Edge, Flamereaper is good, and Arcaninte Bladebreaker is ok, but they all suffer from the same basic issue - there's no "legendary" quality which identifies them as artifacts rather than simply another 2-weapon skin.

With the exception of Wrath's Edge, it's just too easy for me to see these weapons wielded by any other 2-handed weapon user, and I believe that's a failure. All of the Ashbringer skins are easily identifiable, Maw of the Damned's skins are all obviously evil-demonic inspired, Apocalypse's are all skulls, shadow, fel and flies.... but Strom'kar just feels generic.