Thread: Frost....OMG

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Frost....OMG

I NEVER in a MILLION years would have thought I'd consider rolling a DK. I've ALWAYS played a caster..Lock, Ele, Boomie, mained a Spriest for 3 years. I tried Frost on the PTR and OMG is it a freakin' blast. They removed all the crap I hated about DK's (rune pumping/management talents) and replaced it with a BEAST of a dps. I never enjoyed melee but holy cow, I am in love. The new animations are amazing and it's just sooooo smooth, unless another spec that I haven't tried yet wins me over..I will be rerolling Frost. Anyone else in love?

Deleted
    im sure everyone will rejoice in hearing there will be another DW frost blood elf male dk in lfr, im happy for you!

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    im sure everyone will rejoice in hearing there will be another DW frost blood elf male dk in lfr, im happy for you!
    Hey, don't talk shit about my bb gurl frost.

Idk man, frost plays almost exactly the same as they do currently. There are changes but the general foundation on how blizz wants frost to be played is very similar. It's boring imo and will probably get out scaled later into the xpac as well. I'm more stoked for unholy. I started out telling myself I would never find unholy fun but when I had to switch to it for progression I fell in love with it. Now all I play is unholy and I hope the changes live up to the hype!

7+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahaha
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Idk man, frost plays almost exactly the same as they do currently.
    If in Legion you are playing frost almost exactly that same way that it is optimal to play in WoD, you will be sitting right above the disc priests in damage done.

The priorities aren't anywhere close to being the same.

made me laugh..i actually hate frost on live, i hate the ways dk play on live..but after playing more complicated dps specs for years the button mashing stomp-storm that is frost in legion actually appeals to me. having to micro-manage runes was tedious

Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    made me laugh..i actually hate frost on live, i hate the ways dk play on live..but after playing more complicated dps specs for years the button mashing stomp-storm that is frost in legion actually appeals to me. having to micro-manage runes was tedious
    Yes def one of the easiest specs now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senel View Post
    Yes def one of the easiest specs now.
    Which other specs would you consider easy in legion. Just curious. I do agree that frost is simple, that's why it has been my main since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy42 View Post
    Which other specs would you consider easy in legion. Just curious. I do agree that frost is simple, that's why it has been my main since Wrath.
    I think the list would be much shorter if you ask which specs in Legion are complicated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I think the list would be much shorter if you ask which specs in Legion are complicated.
    I know that this game has been "dumb down" in a matter of sense but I still can't decide on what my main alt should be and would like something simple. Won't raid mythic or reach gladiator, but I still know how to play this game. I just want to have fun, and by that I mean I don't want to overanalyze and in need of add ons in order to play. Just want something fun for random bgs and, shrug I know, normal raiding. My hardcore days are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy42 View Post
    The standard answer to these sorts of questions;

Hardest spec: whatever I play
    Easiest spec: whatever beats me on damage meters.

or for the PVP oriented;
    Easiest spec: whatever counters me/whatever 3's comp counters mine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrkyr View Post
    The standard answer to these sorts of questions;

Hardest spec: whatever I play
    Easiest spec: whatever beats me on damage meters.

or for the PVP oriented;
    Easiest spec: whatever counters me/whatever 3's comp counters mine
    Mage, always mage. Got it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zimboombafoo View Post
    I NEVER in a MILLION years would have thought I'd consider rolling a DK. I've ALWAYS played a caster..Lock, Ele, Boomie, mained a Spriest for 3 years. I tried Frost on the PTR and OMG is it a freakin' blast. They removed all the crap I hated about DK's (rune pumping/management talents) and replaced it with a BEAST of a dps. I never enjoyed melee but holy cow, I am in love. The new animations are amazing and it's just sooooo smooth, unless another spec that I haven't tried yet wins me over..I will be rerolling Frost. Anyone else in love?
    I reeeeeally like Frost DK myself. The new animations and such really make it fun.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Sounds cool. I don't know how it is on Beta, but I haven't been exactly in love with DK for a while. Kind of shelved the character. Runes were always a mess and the talents around them were especially annoying in WoD. Also, the attacks feel kind of fluffy, with the current animations and sound design. Really looking forward for the Legion pre-patch to see how the new stuff turns out.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way xD But about my DK on live and on beta! Tiny backstory: I've mained a healer for basically always. I have wanted to play a DK since wrath but I just found DPS too stressful and runes too complicated and it was just easy and comfortable to stay with what was easy and familiar.

In WoD I decided to try MM hunter because everyone says it's the easiest DPS to do well with, a good entry DPS class. I played it up and hated it with a passion.

Finally I decided to dust off my DK. I made her into a gnome (not a blood elf ok at least I've got that going for me) and I just.. fell in love. I friggin LOVE my frost DK. Reasons: A) Arthas B) procs procs procs! C) snowflakes D) looks cool. Glacial Advance and Remorseless Winter on beta/ptr are so fantastic. I like unholy too but not as much as I do frost (especially not with all the talk of festering bursting pustules, gross).

I love my DK almost more than I love my main and that is scary. I love being melee, I love interrupting, AMS, the spell effects and attack animations. It's just great.

As a total package it's a fantastic class. I am so happy. lol. :3

I gotta say...finally got into the PTR and Frost is REALLY fun. It just looks so frosty. All kinds of frost effects going on. It's just..fun.

I honestly didn't like Frost, I liked Unholy a lot more. But I've still got awhile to get my mind changed. The one thing I really did like in Frost was Frostscythe using procs. Was super excited to see that.

The only thing I don't like about frost is Obliterate. Everything else about the spec is frost-themed, does frost damage...and then there's obliterate. I'd prefer it if they just replaced it baseline with Frostscythe. Then maybe add the aoe component of the ability via a talent. Obviously you'd have to adjust the damage and the 4x crit damage, but that's simple enough. But the important part is that it'd then be frost damage, and scale. Plus, Frostscythe just looks way cooler.

My main is Frost and probably will be the entire xpac, I have 5 lvl 100 DKs so I can level a few of them as each spec for variation if I want. If there's some achievements tied to leveling all 3 specs/artifacts I guess I'll do that on my main but I'm happy to leave him Frost and play the whole xpac that way if I can.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.