Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    That doesn't matter: What i've learned when i tried to "socialize" in this game is that there are always jerks, and ironically the least jerks i've met were in LFR/LFG. I already see it in Legion: LF Healer for Mythic 1 Court of stars, ilvl 840+ only.

So thank you, socializing in this game when i've looked the first time for an group was enough for me; 1 hour waited in MoP and all i've got was a kick because someone from the guild came online. Also i've got better things to do as to wait until the group is online. Rather i work at home and with LFG i can do it until i've heard the invite-sirene.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i wasn't already quite sceptical; since WoD i've watching closely to the developement in legion and since i'm not playing for more than a year now and i wasn't sure if i should begin again, but this was the final push to quit this game.
    Everyplace you look in life there will be jerks so dunno what to tell you there. I've also followed the development of Legion closely and I've stayed sub all of WoD and legion looks to be one of the best expacs they've ever made. (I've played em all)

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Extremely stupid idea.
    Why? Nothing is stopping you from doing these

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Why?
    Because there's nothing good or useful coming from it. Also, LFD is the best addition to the game ever. It's a simple equation, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind it at all. I have my gripes about some different gating mechanisms, but this I'm actually ok with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Because there's nothing good or useful coming from it. Also, LFD is the best addition to the game ever. It's a simple equation, really.
    Will promote community and a more engaging 5 man experience. LFD is extremely good when it comes to quality of life but has made the community lazy. You can find or make a group in less time with the group finder tool. And it's not a simple equation. Some would argue LFD was the beginning of the end

Deleted
    I'm OK with it. In Warlords, we got bored too quickly. At least if we have to work to unlock some dungeons in Legion it'll keep us occupied for a while. My only question is if the unlock is going to be account-wide or on a per character basis.

Will promote community and a more engaging 5 man experience.
    I don't see how. It's just gonna introduce problems that wouldn't be there otherwise. And whatever magical effect on "the community" it might have, it's just not worth the sacrifice of a great and instrumental function like LFD.

made the community lazy.
    Whatever the hell that means. That's just more of all that vapid and strangely judgemental talk that I can't take seriously. People have odd ideas in their heads, which is fine, but when they're used as arguments to practical matters, it becomes ridiculous. I can't even imagine what "being lazy" in a game even means, but apparently, people are being judged and chided. Is this correctional school?

Some would argue LFD was the beginning of the end
    Those people are stupid.

I think we really only need two difficulties at this point. The regular difficulty that you do while leveling up and then the mythic+ scaling difficulty at endgame. Heroic and mythic doesn't really serve a purpose anymore.

Nope, not happy. I don't have any friends or guildies in game and am very insecure about my skills (even though I know I'm fine, my feelings say otherwise). I will never get to see those dungeons as I will never join a premade group (probably not even allowed too, as they'll ask an ilevel way above mine) and can't create one myself either. I would have done fine, even in Mythic, with an LFD group, but that option is removed now.

I think it's a bad decision and I bet the dungeons will join the LFD queue in 7.1 or 7.2.

[QUOTE=Pull My Finger;40892084]I don't see how. It's just gonna introduce problems that wouldn't be there otherwise. And whatever magical effect on "the community" it might have, it's just not worth the sacrifice of a great and instrumental function like LFD.

Doesn't think people can be lazy in a game lol. I already know you didn't start playing this game in vanilla or BC. Poor you. You don't even know what an engaged community is because you started when lfd and cross realms destroyed community. People can be lazy. I've seen hunters right click and afk archimonde in lfr and do 5k dps please tell me why he deserves to A) see and enjoy the end game content and B) be rewarded with epic gear and gold

Quote Originally Posted by Neps View Post
    I'm OK with it. In Warlords, we got bored too quickly. At least if we have to work to unlock some dungeons in Legion it'll keep us occupied for a while. My only question is if the unlock is going to be account-wide or on a per character basis.
    There is no more unlock, that's the whole point! It just becomes available while leveling, which you will need to do anyway. The point is, that it changed to only Mythic, so no more LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Sure, exclusive to the 1% audience, what harm could it bring? just like mythic raids, that didn't break up small guilds did it?, I say to blizz go fuck yourself
    Mythics are also...pretty quickly outgeared. Heck, even when Mythics launched I only remember a few wipes. It's only the Mythic+ that have fluid difficulty. So... I'm sure most of us will be in them within a couple months at most.

(I'm terrible at raiding but rarely feel I have issues in dungeons.)

I get why they're doing it, but I think it's a weird idea. *shrug* I think they should just be available at launch. The people that care about story would do that stuff, anyway. The people that don't will just skip through everything as mindlessly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Over the years they have shown that they will re-evaluate their ideas for game design. From very easy 5 mans in ICC to slightly harder (and rage topics over Halls of reflections in late ICC). Then to harder Cata dungeons who were hailed as the saviour of the game and later re-tuned to be easier.

There is obviously no clear way to handle this, because the audience is always split at least 50/50...you see that again in this thread.

No idea how many people actually raid mythic. No idea how much resources go into making and tuning a dungeon. But just with Naxx 40 they eventually have to check themselves if the participation rate justifies the effort.
    You simply split the audience 50/50.

Normal or as they are called heroic now for half. While the other does heroic or as they are called mythic now.

WoW is best when it is divided united we are doomed to fall.

Also they didn't check themselves with naxx 40 they went on to make sunwell lol...

Not all of the content should be designed for all of the players. There should always be a means of progression but it shouldn't be with guaranteed victory ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Nope, not happy. I don't have any friends or guildies in game and am very insecure about my skills (even though I know I'm fine, my feelings say otherwise). I will never get to see those dungeons as I will never join a premade group (probably not even allowed too, as they'll ask an ilevel way above mine) and can't create one myself either. I would have done fine, even in Mythic, with an LFD group, but that option is removed now.

I think it's a bad decision and I bet the dungeons will join the LFD queue in 7.1 or 7.2.
    Awesome game design is now influenced by other people's insecurities now LOL. Get counseling please. I don't know how you function (or will function if you aren't an adult) in today's world if you can't sack up and hit a challenge head on in a video game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will promote community and a more engaging 5 man experience.
    I'm not certain that I believe that Group Finder is doing anything at all to promote community. I'm willing to be convinced but my experiences with it have mostly been either neutral or bad. Most people just want to get stuff done and get on with whatever is next. That's not community.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I think as long as they just remove the restrictions in 7.2, its a good idea. That way the lfd only crowd gets some new stuff mid expansion and everyone else has a nice thing to work towards at the beginning of the xpac. Just keep the snowflake drops from them mythic only.
    Permanently restricting 2 Dungeons from the lf pool (which gets really stale really soon), when blizzard is struggeling with creating new dungeons anyways, is probably a terrible idea though.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    You simply split the audience 50/50.

Normal or as they are called heroic now for half. While the other does heroic or as they are called mythic now.

WoW is best when it is divided united we are doomed to fall.

Also they didn't check themselves with naxx 40 they went on to make sunwell lol...

Not all of the content should be designed for all of the players. There should always be a means of progression but it shouldn't be with guaranteed victory ever.
    The guaranteed victory line pretty much sums it all up. Lfr is literally guaranteed victory and lfd have been facerolled for over 5 years. The community doesn't want to work for anything. They don't want to stress about the possibility of wiping and not killing it. They want to know that no matter how bad they are they are still winners. Ima call this "participation trophy syndrome" it's sad they are denying themselves of the great feeling of satisfaction of overcoming a great and fun challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm not certain that I believe that Group Finder is doing anything at all to promote community. I'm willing to be convinced but my experiences with it have mostly been either neutral or bad. Most people just want to get stuff done and get on with whatever is next. That's not community.
    I think this will promote non raid guilds that work together to clear dungeons again. Well this and mythic plus. I think it will take awhile but slowly and surely the server community might knit itself back together over this as people start to desire pools of reliable players to run dungeons with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep had my fill of GF thanks to the community. Great idea but when you give control to the players they will prove its a bad idea time and time again.
    So giving players a TOOL to allow them to form groups across server is a bad idea?

Why are you and other so against the group finder tool? Is it because you can't get in runs where you will essentially be carried? Is it because you don't think its fair that people just want to find other people who are as geared as them to do a fast mythic dungeon? Is it because you are lazy and don't want to put in effort to socialize in a massively multiplayer game and form your own group?

Whats the problem?

I see the change to add 2 simple attunement quests to open 2 extra dungeons up as a great thing blizzard is doing. It gives players who WANT and have a DESIRE to do those dungeons something to look forward to, and a goal to achieve. I say lets bring a little of BC back to the game while at the same time, still allowing players to queue up for the other 8 dungeons. You know... content aimed at ALL different playstyles? Not just the assholes who only want queue-able content and don't want other players to enjoy content aimed for them.