Quote Originally Posted by sabe View Post
    I don't care how much it potentially cost, i already paid that cost in 2004. I am not expecting them to rebuild something new, i am not expecting to add the game anything new. I just want the old stuff back which already exist. They can use Nostalrius codes if they want to, i don't mind.

Is Guild Wars 2 a charity game? Are their servers running with air? I am not asking anything free, i am paying sub. Asking me pay for same game again is greed.
    if we look at the simple truth and wish everything beside, you are just plain and simple right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They claimed to have fixed it shortly after WoD launched, which did not work, but it was fixed in 6.1 (or shortly after for a few realms).
    qed. Why read what I write, eh? 6.1 did NOT fix it for all.

I don't care how much it potentially cost, i already paid that cost in 2004. I am not expecting them to rebuild something new, i am not expecting to add the game anything new. I just want the old stuff back which already exist. They can use Nostalrius codes if they want to, i don't mind.

Is Guild Wars 2 a charity game? Are their servers running with air? I am not asking anything free, i am paying sub. Asking me pay for same game again is greed.
    Your one time purchase 12 years ago doesn't entitle you to anything, sorry.
    For legacy, there has to be development etc. You have to pay for that. So you pay again for legacy.

anyway whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    For legacy, there has to be development etc. You have to pay for that. So you pay again for legacy.

anyway whatever.
    This. If people think they will just give them Legacy for free they are sadly mistaken. Also GW2 makes profits off microtransactions as it is F2P with restrictions and B2P without.

They won't charge extra if they add legacy. It will be a feature just like any other feature such as Timewalking or LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    They won't charge extra if they add legacy. It will be a feature just like any other feature such as Timewalking or LFR.
    Oh thank god we got the official Blizzard stance on it. I was worried for a moment there.

They'll charge an additional fee on top of the regular subscription fee for legacy, as it will be a "premium" feature to make more money.

10+ Year Old Account

Except they've said that large chunks of that game no longer exist. Rebuilding something new is almost exactly what they'd have to do, which requires time and money. Saying you shouldn't have to pay any extra for them having to do all the work required makes you the greedy one, not them.

Still refuse to pay for content that is 10 years + out of date that I've already cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerichofr View Post
    They'll charge an additional fee on top of the regular subscription fee for legacy, as it will be a "premium" feature to make more money.
    When have they ever done anything similar to this? They won't do that because it would be setting up the servers to fail.

When have they ever done anything similar to this?
    I dunno, when have they ever had to release a different version of the same MMO they've had out for 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I dunno, when have they ever had to release a different version of the same MMO they've had out for 12 years?
    Difference is that Bliz has hinted that releasing a different version of the game is something they would do, the idea that they would charge more is nothing but player speculation based on people that say they would pay more if Bliz added legacy servers.

Difference is that Bliz has hinted that releasing a different version of the game is something they would do, the idea that they would charge more is nothing but player speculation based on people that say they would pay more if Bliz added legacy servers.
    And you assuming they would charge nothing for Legacy is also...guess what...player speculation.

I also cracked up when you compared Legacy to be something along the lines of Timewalking or LFR. Yeah sorry my current character in WoD or Legion wouldn't just toggle a switch and bam, I'm in Legacy mode. It would be separate servers which would require extra money to get up and running.

I see. So, a childish rant and 'I WANT!" is all you have.

Good to know. I won't be bothering to respond to you anymore.

When have they ever done anything similar to this? They won't do that because it would be setting up the servers to fail.
    Sounds like an admission there wouldn't be enough interest for legacy servers to begin with. Atleast if you have to pay for it. No wonder they were playing for free on private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Sounds like an admission there wouldn't be enough interest for legacy servers to begin with. Atleast if you have to pay for it. No wonder they were playing for free on private servers.
    No? It means separating the playerbase by only allowing the people that pay extra would hinder their new feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And you assuming they would charge nothing for Legacy is also...guess what...player speculation.

It would be separate servers which would require extra money to get up and running.
    No it's not. There has to be some reason to believe something to believe it. There's no hint that they would charge extra. Everything in the game costs money to get up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. If people think they will just give them Legacy for free they are sadly mistaken. Also GW2 makes profits off microtransactions as it is F2P with restrictions and B2P without.
    GW2 was an example for risks taken. I paid $40 and been playing since release with 0 microtransactions. So noone else would again talk about the risks and costs of servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    Except they've said that large chunks of that game no longer exist. Rebuilding something new is almost exactly what they'd have to do, which requires time and money. Saying you shouldn't have to pay any extra for them having to do all the work required makes you the greedy one, not them.
    "Hey, we deleted the data to run Diablo 2 on Bnet so you all have to buy it again."

This isn't any different. It is them who deleted the data i don't care, they could keep it in a hard disk somewhere, this shows their quality standards are low.
    This can be a lie of them which i can not prove.
    If Blizz asks money for a new package again; will that cover only the extra costs or they will simply ask the same price as they ask for Legion? Time will reply this question. I know the answer already.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post

anyway whatever.
    If it doesn't it would show how greedy Blizzz can be? What development are you talking about? They been developing for 14 years, most things they would need to do is copy/paste.
    Do they have other plans for this?

GW2 was an example for risks taken. I paid $40 and been playing since release with 0 microtransactions. So noone else would again talk about the risks and costs of servers.
    Just because YOU aren't using microtransactions does not mean they aren't one of the big things paying for everything. There is a reason a lot of companies want whales in the game who live vicariously through the cash shops. Put it this way, do you really think if they only had the money through 40 dollar game purchases they could keep those servers up and running and pay for the employees at their company? No, eventually that money would run out soon after they stop making massive box sales of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

If it doesn't it would show how greedy Blizzz can be? What development are you talking about? They been developing for 14 years, most things they would need to do is copy/paste.
    Do they have other plans for this?
    I see someone that has not really been paying close attention to this thread and the stuff surrounding Legacy realms. They basically said in the interview that it isn't as simple as copy/paste so can we drop that weak argument already?

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not. There has to be some reason to believe something to believe it. There's no hint that they would charge extra. Everything in the game costs money to get up and running.
    You believe there will be no additional cost and I disagree. Simple as that. There is no hint that they wouldn't charge extra. Everything in the game costs money to get up and running, so if they are adding EXTRA things than what they already have, it will cost money you'd think?

I'd be happy to have a legacy server with micrtransactions tbh, I wouldn't use them, but if blizzard used that as a way to justify costs without bumping up our sub or asking for x amount extra on launch, thats fine by me

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'd be happy to have a legacy server with micrtransactions tbh, I wouldn't use them, but if blizzard used that as a way to justify costs without bumping up our sub or asking for x amount extra on launch, thats fine by me
    Yeah I mean I'm sure Blizzard will think over any and all potential options to fund such a thing if they decide to do it. I don't see them doing it any time soon though and I hope it is years away.