Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Sponsored posts...really?

Deleted
    That is very interesting to know what that is about indeed!

I don't see the problem. The site costs money to run, sponsored posts make the site money so it can stay running. And they're clearly tagged so you can avoid them if they bother you so much.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not seeing them, assume adblock is blocking them.

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    That is very interesting to know what that is about indeed!
    Think about it logically.

everyone has complained about all the annoying adds that MMO-Champ uses ont his website to the point we are all if not majority use adblockers.

no hits on adds, means no pay to mmo-champ.

so why not do sponsored forum posts, to get money back into the website.

i understand why mmo-champ does it.

but they should limit them to a certain forum, not just any.

they need money to run the site, and do what they do, just they are using ways that annoy users i guess.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Same here. Bless the guys behind that miracle extension.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

everyone has complained about all the annoying adds that MMO-Champ uses ont his website to the point we are all if not majority use adblockers.

they need money to run the site, and do what they do, just they are using ways that annoy users i guess.
    It still got 0 views and 0 replies so i think it dident help, unless 100% of all users in here use addblock/clicked it lol

i know for sure i wouldent click that shit anyway :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I don't see the problem. The site costs money to run, sponsored posts make the site money so it can stay running. And they're clearly tagged so you can avoid them if they bother you so much.
    This, thousand times. What is more, people need to realize that running a forum of such size is nowadays pretty much a full time job - datamining, recap posts on slow news days, partnerships, etc.

You're using AdBlock on a forum you like and frequently use? Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Same here. Bless the guys behind that miracle extension.
    Sure, fuck those people who run awesome sites, fuck their revenue; if they are really so passionate, they should do it for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    This, thousand times. What is more, people need to realize that running a forum of such size is nowadays pretty much a full time job - datamining, recap posts on slow news days, partnerships, etc.

On the other side of things, MMO-C ads are loud, play noise randomly - even without mouseovers, have caused people to get viruses and things, slow down browsers etc...

Sponsored posts and safe ads are one thing, but I should be able to have a thread open without insanely loud video/sound ads play for no reason... about dish soap..

Sure, fuck those people who run awesome sites, fuck their revenue; if they are really so passionate, they should do it for free!
    Not at all. I'm just selfishly glad that I'm not bothered with ads. I hope they're making enough to keep this site going, anyway.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

It was their parogative to run a site instead of getting a real job. I'm not gonna give them money

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    On the other side of things, MMO-C ads are loud, play noise randomly - even without mouseovers, have caused people to get viruses and things, slow down browsers etc...

Sponsored posts and safe ads are one thing, but I should be able to have a thread open without insanely loud video/sound ads play for no reason... about dish soap..
    Okay, you got a point, fantasy browser games advertisements with loud sound are the worst. Unfortunately, you don't really have much choice in what actually gets served through the ad, apart from general audience targeting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It was their parogative to run a site instead of getting a real job. I'm not gonna give them money
    So it is not a real job then?

Okay, you got a point, fantasy browser games advertisements with loud sound are the worst. Unfortunately, you don't really have much choice in what actually gets served through the ad, apart from general audience targeting.
    Somehow I think they can figure it out... because out of all the websites I frequent, MMO-C and Wowhead are the worst, and few of the sites that I've ever seen use those sorts of ads.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

So it is not a real job then?
    Not if they need hand outs. You can write me a 1000 page thesis on why im wrong or whatever, but I'm not gonna give them, or anybody that uses annoying adds, money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Somehow I think they can figure it out... because out of all the websites I frequent, MMO-C and Wowhead are the worst, and few of the sites that I've ever seen use those sorts of ads.
    MMO-related sites are frequently served with browser games' advertisements, as if those two types of games were really similar.

I might even be able to live with annoying ads, if they were safe. Sadly, they are not. On my smartphone the site was unusable with all the re-directs to "if you touch anything, you bought it"-sites or plain old viral threats, before I switched to the AdBlock browser, which has its own suite of problems but at least keeps my phone safe.

MMO-related sites are frequently served with browser games' advertisements, as if those two types of games were really similar.
    And those ads are fine, as long as they aren't intrusive at all.

to top it off MMO-champion's + wowheads ads (not other game sites, even ones with mmo advertisements) cause ridiculous lag. The only worse ad experience I've had was an anime website that had hentai ads on the frontpage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Not if they need hand outs. You can write me a 1000 page thesis on why im wrong or whatever, but I'm not gonna give them, or anybody that uses annoying adds, money.
    How is it a handout? You still have access to the site for free. The effort that goes into it makes it a lot more than just a hobby to pass the time. It's actual work.

Plus if everyone thought that way they would have to find new ways of advertising to make money, if it got bad enough eventually ads would probably have to go in the news on the front page which would annoy people even more.

There's no such thing as a free lunch people
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Thank god for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

Could always go to a donation system and lose the ads. Even if it does not work out in the short term they could switch back. I know many people would love an ad-free experience because this site is a train wreck on a phone or a tablet.