Just got the [Deadlier Warglaives] Quest, have no idea where to get the obliterum forge. Anyone know what questline starts it?

Edit: I'm guessing its the [Trial by fel fire] Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    I was so excited to play a Demon Hunter but with every patch that goes by, they're becoming less and less appealing to me. Is it even possible to fight huge groups of mobs anymore on the beta? You were able to chaos nova and then eye beam but eye beam has been nerfed greatly.
    Seriously, what is up with these sort of garbage posts? The sky is not fucking falling, this is just balancing going on. If you can't handle abilities being nerfed and/or buffed, just don't bother looking at beta changes. Do you want to go live overpowered only to be hit by the nerfbat in week 2 after you've put in time in your class? Or do you want them sorted out for the most part on the beta?

So, one thing I noticed is that if you have Chaos Cleave, and are fighting two targets, you can get double refunds if you crit both targets again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Havoc doesn't feel very fun to play anymore with that change. If the mechanics of this spec aren't dramatically improved before launch I doubt I'll play this class.

Ugh, the Meta camera is still bugged. Not game breaking, just annoying. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Chaotic Strike was too good, Blade Dance wasn't good enough. I do like these changes.

Also, I don't feel underpowered at all when aoe pulling, considering that most DPS classes can't pull 10 mobs, pop blur, Fury Illidair and Eye Beam/Chaos Strike down and basically heal more than you get hit for with Demonic Appetite and the 100% leech you get after Eye Beam to full heal almost every swing. It's my go to world quest talent and it makes Demon Hunters frighteningly good for AOE atm.

Consider that Demon Hunter has been too good, don't say the sky is falling until DH goes live doing 30% less dps than anyone else. And also keep in mind that the classes must launch very close to each other in relative dps because of the nature of Artifact Power, rerolling early this expac is extremely punishing and will cause players to quit en masse if some dps are more than 10-15% apart from each other.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

The problem is there's not so much time till DH release but blizz still have no idea what to do with it.
    And when i see posts like "Doesn't feel bad to play overall" i imagine

Don't know where else to put that, but they've changed the requirement for the class hall campaign, going from 3 obliterum to only one now. Just logged in and saw that. Nice change, 3 was a lot of blood of sargeras to get.

Adjustments needed to be made, and with the way CS refunds worked we were ASSURED to get to a gameplay based upon spamming that all life long, which was pretty much unacceptable. I was expecting a change in that department.

That said, i still think too much damage is embedded into CS, and i expect small upwords tweaks to other abilities.

I feel like they could create a buff/debuff that, the longer it stays applied, would increase the amount of fury a crit CS would refund, or something similar. I know it would create issue with how hard it could be to maintain that buff/debuff on bosses with heavy movement, but... something that would increase the fury refund would be cool. Would add to the rotation.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    FINALLY got home to look at the patch notes.

Interesting nerf to Chaos Strike, though likely needed. Anyone know how much this affects crit's value for Havoc?

Buff for Blade Dance! And therefore, First Blood! Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfròst View Post
    People want to play a fun class and also deal good damage, competitive damage. Nobody likes feeling like the weak link of the group, even if they're having fun with the class. Except maybe @Unanilnomen. [emoji14]
    U wot m8? How about u fite me IRL.

For real though, aside from my casual builds I'll run what is optimal (and fun) for dungeons and stuff :P

- - - Updated - - -

Also, anyone notice anything that may be undocumented? Such as:

-Demon Blades proc thingies tweaked again?
    -Fel Barrage proc thingies improved at all?
    -Any new or improved animations?
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Just off the top of my head, it halved the value of crit from the Fury Refund, which was about half of the stat's worth. So it'd be about 75% of the scaling it was previously. It's still head and shoulders above its competition, just no longer twice as good.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Quote Originally Posted by chematus View Post
    The problem is there's not so much time till DH release but blizz still have no idea what to do with it.
    And when i see posts like "Doesn't feel bad to play overall" i imagine
    If you're standing there spamming Demon's Bite and Chaos Strike all day, then ofc it's going to suck because it's not how the spec works. The Prepared/Demonic/Momentum build is quite exciting and DH right now poses you lots of questions in fights regarding when to pool Fury. Almost all your DPS is in getting a clean Retreat>Blades>Eye beam>Meta Anni to dump fury, then you're having to make you sure you can Retreat and Blades again to Meta out, then you repeat. That whole cycle repeats every 45secs with Eye Beam. On top of that you only have a 4 sec window for natural Demonic Meta usage so you can't waste a single GCD.

The play style is fast and frenetic when played properly. I have to believe people who say it's boring are basically doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Myta; 2016-06-15 at 09:37 AM.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

So what is the actual rotation? Still Db»Chaos Strike? Im a bit lost at this moment.

unleashed demons is still bugged.. i dont get how they can ignore a trait that is basically better than any of the golden ones

Deleted
    I might actually make a video about a suggestion how they could fix this issue...
    I mean feels so weird to play right now compared to what it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    If you're standing there spamming Demon's Bite and Chaos Strike all day, then ofc it's going to suck because it's not how the spec works. The Prepared/Demonic/Momentum build is quite exciting and DH right now poses you lots of questions in fights regarding when to pool Fury. Almost all your DPS is in getting a clean Retreat>Blades>Eye beam>Meta Anni to dump fury, then you're having to make you sure you can Retreat and Blades again to Meta out, then you repeat. That whole cycle repeats every 45secs with Eye Beam. On top of that you only have a 4 sec window for natural Demonic Meta usage so you can't waste a single GCD.

The play style is fast and frenetic when played properly. I have to believe people who say it's boring are basically doing it wrong.
    Couldn't have said it better. Feels like this change is going to make the build feel clunky as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    The Prepared/Demonic/Momentum build is quite exciting
    No, it's not. The fact you like it doesn't mean everyone do. I find it very annoying and hope there will be any alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by chematus View Post
    No, it's not. The fact you like it doesn't mean everyone do. I find it very annoying and hope there will be any alternative.
    There is an alternative - demon blades et al. If neither of those take your fancy and you don't like the DH core why are you even here? It's not like you can use the excuse of 'well it's been my main for X years"
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    There is an alternative - demon blades et al. If neither of those take your fancy and you don't like the DH core why are you even here? It's not like you can use the excuse of 'well it's been my main for X years"
    Yeah, DB changes gameplay so much, oh wait, it doesn't...
    Another talent isn't an option, we need playable and competetive builds, not only momentum fancy sht