Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I see no problem with having a maxed out gear for few months before the next set of gear rolls in. If I reach a spot where I can absolutely no longer can progress I can always play an alt or just smash old content with my uber gear. Having an infinite grind gated behind layers of RNG makes the game feel like unrewarding chore for me, henceforth I do not enjoy diablo and any game resembling it. Making gearing up isn't "more things to do", it is just repeating same content over and over again and at some point people naturally get sick of it.
    It is really easy. If you don't want to do content anymore than don't do it. If the reward of a warforged or socket doesn't mean enough then stop. If you cannot stop than you are just sick in the end. Yeah, people want the best. But like a 100 in the world get it. You not one of them? Boohoo. If you are congratulations. I won't be crying because I am not one. If getting best gear on planet matters so much to you that you continue then that is why you continue. You see a reward, you make a choice, and then YOU do it. Just stop if it isn't the case.

But we know you won't be. You will be here doing what you hate and complaining about it for some odd reason. Or you really don't hate it, but just like to complain about it anyway. Either way I am sorry the game and everything in it doesn't consider how you want to play and march to that drum unquestioningly. Not to mention just repeating the same content over and over again is EXACTLY how you got BiS before. I would imagine very few people back in BWL ran the instance once and were BiS (and remember 40 people, 3 pieces of gear per boss, no tier token.. guess what.. it was worse..). I doubt anyone in ICC ran ICC only once and were BiS. This is exactly how the game ALWAYS worked. Just now there is extra bonus to continuing to run it. IF YOU MAKE THAT CHOICE.

You don't HAVE to run it forever after you clear the zone. Hell my guild would have stopped in HFC a LONG time ago if it wasn't for keeping mount promises to a good chunk of people. Why? Because we don't feel like running the same shit over and over for an RNG chance that gives a single player .03% DPS increase for example. News flash.. I am not a huge fan of the system either. But you know what? When I am running it for the last couple mounts it sure is nice to know maybe I can still get an upgrade because of some RNG. See a positive outlook on something I am not a huge fan of instead of just finding a negitive, latching onto it, and then barfing it up all over everyone around me. I liked things the way they were before as well. I can just accept this change in the end makes little difference to me outside of getting random bonus from time to time because of RNG.

Artifact Trait Cost Increase
    The traits you purchase in your Artifact tree have had a significant cost increase.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ungeon-Updates

lolol
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    The traits you purchase in your Artifact tree have had a significant cost increase.

lolol
    Yeah but they've also increased the artifact power you get from using artifact power items.

People are fucking dense. The 20/20 is the difficult and extremely costly part of artifacts and it will give people something to work towards. I believe Ion said they aren't even considering this when balancing it's just a bonus to work towards. Ffs I wish I had this on live I'm going crazy with boredom

This sounds very similar to the AA system in Everquest..which frankly sucked donkey nuts because it just became a grind no matter how much they made it seem like "cool" attributes.
    It was just a pointless grind

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    This sounds very similar to the AA system in Everquest..which frankly sucked donkey nuts because it just became a grind no matter how much they made it seem like "cool" attributes.
    It was just a pointless grind
    Sounds better than what we currently have. Which is basically nothing. This is just an added power boost that's mskes staying subbed beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post

lolol
    clearly it wasnt grindy enough - you have to thank for it all those retards whining about bringing back vanilla elements - here you go it will be grindy as f... and universaly hated for its grindiness - seems exackly like the worst elements of vanilla grinds& attunements to hide the fact that content is mediocre - gg .

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    clearly it wasnt grindy enough - you have to thank for it all those retards whining about bringing back vanilla elements - here you go it will be grindy as f... and universaly hated for its grindiness - seems exackly like the worst elements of vanilla grinds& attunements to hide the fact that content is mediocre - gg .
    People like you are cancer to forums and poison the minds of the uninformed. DID YOU NOT SEE THAT ARTIFACT PRODUCING ITEMS GOT A MASSIVE BUFF

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyis View Post
    This makes perfect sense and it blows my mind others can't see it. the 20/20 part is there for the dedicated few
    because making content for "dedicated few" worked so well for them in WoD :/ only costed them 80 % of playerbase .

It's less grindy now, this is a nerf. The increase to artifact power items is larger than the cost increase.

because making content for "dedicated few" worked so well for them in WoD :/ only costed them 80 % of playerbase .
    I didn't know a %dmg healing stamina buff was considered "content" these days. Get over it Legion is giving us something to work for and alot of us are very excited to get our hands on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I didn't know a %dmg healing stamina buff was considered "content" these days. Get over it Legion is giving us something to work for and alot of us are very excited to get our hands on it.
    Seriously this is the most ignorant post I've seen all week. Fuck you. Idc if I get banned. People like you are fucking cancer to this game. Blizzard makes bold changes and you fucking cry about having to put in effort to be rewarded.CRAZY CONCEPT

They are smoothing the curve. We have two and a half months of tuning, we dont need to worry with the numbers right now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously this is the most ignorant post I've seen all week. Fuck you. Idc if I get banned. People like you are fucking cancer to this game. Blizzard makes bold changes and you fucking cry about having to put in effort to be rewarded.CRAZY CONCEPT
    Whoa, calm down there friend. There are limits to being angry with yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Whoa, calm down there friend. There are limits to being angry with yourself.
    I'm on phone so I hit the wrong button but the guy knows it's directed at him

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    It is really easy. If you don't want to do content anymore than don't do it. If the reward of a warforged or socket doesn't mean enough then stop. If you cannot stop than you are just sick in the end. Yeah, people want the best. But like a 100 in the world get it. You not one of them? Boohoo. If you are congratulations. I won't be crying because I am not one. If getting best gear on planet matters so much to you that you continue then that is why you continue. You see a reward, you make a choice, and then YOU do it. Just stop if it isn't the case.

But we know you won't be. You will be here doing what you hate and complaining about it for some odd reason. Or you really don't hate it, but just like to complain about it anyway. Either way I am sorry the game and everything in it doesn't consider how you want to play and march to that drum unquestioningly. Not to mention just repeating the same content over and over again is EXACTLY how you got BiS before. I would imagine very few people back in BWL ran the instance once and were BiS (and remember 40 people, 3 pieces of gear per boss, no tier token.. guess what.. it was worse..). I doubt anyone in ICC ran ICC only once and were BiS. This is exactly how the game ALWAYS worked. Just now there is extra bonus to continuing to run it. IF YOU MAKE THAT CHOICE.

You don't HAVE to run it forever after you clear the zone. Hell my guild would have stopped in HFC a LONG time ago if it wasn't for keeping mount promises to a good chunk of people. Why? Because we don't feel like running the same shit over and over for an RNG chance that gives a single player .03% DPS increase for example. News flash.. I am not a huge fan of the system either. But you know what? When I am running it for the last couple mounts it sure is nice to know maybe I can still get an upgrade because of some RNG. See a positive outlook on something I am not a huge fan of instead of just finding a negitive, latching onto it, and then barfing it up all over everyone around me. I liked things the way they were before as well. I can just accept this change in the end makes little difference to me outside of getting random bonus from time to time because of RNG.
    Well you are right, I will not be playing legion as I am displeased with the direction of the game. I am voting with my wallet instead of eating up whatever they throw at me instead of going "omg I do not like it but I should never criticize blizzard overlords!!!!!"

Many will like this direction of the game, I surely hell will not and therefore move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Well you are right, I will not be playing legion as I am displeased with the direction of the game. I am voting with my wallet instead of eating up whatever they throw at me instead of going "omg I do not like it but I should never criticize blizzard overlords!!!!!"

Many will like this direction of the game, I surely hell will not and therefore move on.
    Wish you luck in life mate. If you decided to eventually come back it is cool too. If not I hope you find something better and more entertaining to do because WoW does kinda seem to have left a bad taste in your mouth. It's cool because that's how opinions work.

Again, good luck in life!

As a rogue. i need to upgrade my outlaw weapon for Aoe fights and sub/assassin for single target. On top of that i am going to focus on the fishing artifact. Seems like getting this shit going is going to be a pain in the brutus.

Deleted
    keeping in mind that the artifact weapon is due to last the entire length of the expansion I assume the aim is you cap it completely somewhere around 2 months after the last content patch update? Same way as the legendary ring was completed about 4-6 weeks after HFC was released depending on your RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    keeping in mind that the artifact weapon is due to last the entire length of the expansion I assume the aim is you cap it completely somewhere around 2 months after the last content patch update? Same way as the legendary ring was completed about 4-6 weeks after HFC was released depending on your RNG.
    Once again the 20/20 traits are the long long long grind traits getting all 20 is like 10% increase in damage. Not game breaking and is something to build towards throughout the expansion. Most of us will have our 3 big artifact traits before nighthold probably just from regular play

Deleted
    It is what testing is for. Things that might look good on paper sometimes dosnt work out for some reasons.
    If things seems weird or annoying, then post feedback on the official forum if you want it changed at least. Complaining on mmo-c dosnt change anything.