Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Night elf sentinel View Post
    Oh wow... What level of education do you need to become a cop in the US and what are the penalties of shooting an unarmed civilian?
    SEE, NOW YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN AND AM TRYING TO GET AT. As far as penalties go, I can tell you for a fact there are none other than forced resignations and a sob story to justify the killing.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In my country, never, even though the police is not loved either. We only had one incident 8 years ago or so which shook Greece, but can't say we are afraid, just most (especially teens/young adults) don't like them. You probably need some psychological help from an expert if you get these thoughts when near policemen. Even though I find your case a little stupid, or of a troll, in case it's true you need it. Plus, Americans have a bad police incident every 2 weeks or so (?), so I can try to understand your fear.

Because there more people have guns and the job is more dangerous for the cops themselves, which makes them quicker to shoot since there lives are in danger more often.
    Ever seen a Game Wardens Vehicle? Each one pretty much has 2 M16/M416's, 2 shotguns, a long-range rifle, several handguns, and a large amount of ammo. With a bunch of gear similar to what a Firefighter and an EMT would carry.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    You're not in North America, are ya'?
    No, but the OP never mentioned a location, so presumably they are talking about all police officers.

No more afraid of that than I am of getting struck by lightning. While all these things are not ways I want to go. Could be painful. They just aren't things I can directly control. Sure it means I take certain precautions. During a lightning storm I do not walk around with a metal golf club in the air. So on the same token I do not pretend to pull out a gun in front of a cop. Or reach into the car window while they are sitting on the road and try to pull them out. Of course this doesn't mean I cannot do anything if they just lose it and want to kill me. But odds are low and again not something I can directly predict or control.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    The news certainly does not make it seem so. You hear far more negative about police officers than good. That is where the fear stems from.

With all the gun violence on the horizon as well, no one is safe.
    If you lead your life based on what you read in the news, then you should probably never leave your home. They have a vested interest in reporting negative news more than anything else, because that generates more clicks / more units sold and more ad revenue. No one is interested in reading how everything is fine, it's the fearmongering that gets people's attention. As is quite obvious in this thread.

live in the US and nope not at all.... I've had several run ins with the law and never once felt fear for my life. Then again i've also always listened to them and treated them with respect. In your situation i would have likely thanked them for what they do and have to put up with...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Ever seen a Game Wardens Vehicle? Each one pretty much has 2 M16/M416's, 2 shotguns, a long-range rifle, several handguns, and a large amount of ammo. With a bunch of gear similar to what a Firefighter and an EMT would carry.
    No, but than again, I don't know what a game warden is.

When I was doing volunteer work in Botswana I had to deal with the border officers and army in the park a few times,
    I was actually quite nervous there but I still did not fear for my life

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm never scared of Police, because I'm not a fucking Criminal or disrespectful to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    In my country, never, even though the police is not loved either. We only had one incident 8 years ago or so which shook Greece, but can't say we are afraid, just most (especially teens/young adults) don't like them. You probably need some psychological help from an expert if you get these thoughts when near policemen. Even though I find your case a little stupid, or of a troll, in case it's true you need it. Plus, Americans have a bad police incident every 2 weeks or so (?), so I can try to understand your fear.
    Detroit, Chicago, LA, Oakland, NYC, and pretty much anywhere in Florida it would be daily.

Chicago may as well be a warzone, I'm pretty sure Ammo is used as a second currency.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's scared or naturally intimidated by cops
    Well.. actually many people aren't either of those things.

Deleted
    I live in the EU, so... no. And if I ever visit the States, which I actually might, I'm white. So, still no.

10+ Year Old Account
    No fear here. My last interaction with a cop went like this...

cop: Mate you were speeding a fair bit there hey
    me: Yeah sorry mate new car wanted to give it a bit of a fang down the road on me way to work
    cop: Mate I'll have to write you out a ticket and your the second guy I just pulled over right here
    me: No worries mate, you're just doing your job.

That's about how it is in Kangaroo land for most interactions unless you act like a cunt.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't recognize that description at all. Nearly nobody are scared of cops here. They have no record of unjust force, they don't carry guns unless the situation specifically calls for it, and their record overall is excellent.

Then again, I don't live in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    I live in the EU, so... no. And if I ever visit the States, which I actually might, I'm white. So, still no.
    the whole white favoritism thing is something I forgot. Isn't it proven American cops are racist?

Deleted
    the whole white favoritism thing is something I forgot. Isn't it proven American cops are racist?
    Well, almost everyone is rascist

- - - Updated - - -

Well, almost everyone is rascist
    everyone*...

No, but than again, I don't know what a game warden is.

When I was doing volunteer work in Botswana I had to deal with the border officers and army in the park a few times,
    I was actually quite nervous there but I still did not fear for my life
    Depending which part of the United State it can vary just a little, but: They fill a fine area of a typical "Police" or "Federal Agent" role, that is specialized for dealing with situations and roles in Rural areas, State/Federal Parks, Forests. A lot of area's in the Western United States, States give them the power to operate almost all situations in all area's, and if warranted, can also double as Animal-cops in some cities when typical City Police can't do so.

They also covers areas that tend to have more Bears, Wolves, or Mountain Lions that out number people by large numbers.

Also fill a gap between Sheriff's officers. There are places, like Montana or the Dakota's, for example, where there can be less than 20 police officers for every 200square miles. Game Wardens are able to react, and aid others if called.

... I think Aussyland has a similar program?
    For Canada, it is apart of the Royal Mounted Police, I'm pretty sure.
    Last edited by Shadow Fox; 2016-06-15 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I feel positively Salandrinated right now.

Anyway, of course I'm not afraid of police officers. In most nations they're actually, you know, on your side.
    Speaking of which, his last thread talked about whether he was going to kill himself or get out of his house because of an abusive father or something. Does anyone know what became of that?

I've only ever seen police with guns 3 times in my entire life. Once when I was in France about 20 years ago, once in America when I was there also around 25 years ago (didn't really see many police at all when I was there) and once in my hometown when there was some crazy hostage situation on a housing estate and we were taking a shortcut through some scrubland only to come across an kneeling police marksman with an MP5 who recommended we fuck off back the way we came I have no fear of being killed by police.

Deleted
    Depending which part of the United State it can vary just a little, but: They fill a fine area of a typical "Police" or "Federal Agent" role, that is specialized for dealing with situations and roles in Rural areas, State/Federal Parks, Forests. A lot of area's in the Western United States, States give them the power to operate almost all situations in all area's, and if warranted, can also double as Animal-cops in some cities when typical City Police can't do so.

Also fill a gap between Sheriff's officers. There are places, like Montana or the Dakota's, for example, where there can be less than 20 police officers for every 200square miles. Game Wardens are able to react, and aid others if called.
    Thank you for the knowledge
    They sound like a good idea for large, unpopulated area's