Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Some players really don't know what they want anymore... Since when are Mythic dungeons for 1% audience? Then Vanilla, BC dungeons were also for that 1%? No wonder blizzard doesn't know what to do if even players don't know what they want. Nobody is forcing you to do them, if you want, they put some effort in it.
    Tell blizzard you like this change then. Or it may go down the path of Cata dungeons

I like it, but it will probably be changed after massive outcry on forums from people when they feel they are being "locked out" from content because they can't queue for it and see the dungeon.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I like it, but it will probably be changed after massive outcry on forums from people when they feel they are being "locked out" from content because they can't queue for it and see the dungeon.
    I can certainly see it happening later on, but the whole change to flying gives me hope that it will remain mythic-exclusive at least until the last couple of patches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    And now, they are rewarded with exclusive content AIMED at *GASP* THEM! (actually they are aimed at everyone, just not everyone has the spine or the willingness or the aptitude to do what it takes to get into them) Something tells me that you will eventually find your way into them to try them out.

- - - Updated - - -

If that is the case, then what are you complaining about?

Finding other players to do any content in this game (besides mythic raiding cross realm), has never been easier than it is now.
    My point fly right over your fucking head, but that is usually the case concerning you.

My point is Mythic belongs on the random finder to begin with because they're fucking piss easy as is. The restriction is asinine and just a way to slow players down.

Mythic+ should be the only dungeons you ahve to manually form groups for.

Now do me a favor and don't reply back to me with more bullshit.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    My point fly right over your fucking head, but that is usually the case concerning you.

My point is Mythic belongs on the random finder to begin with because they're fucking piss easy as is. The restriction is asinine and just a way to slow players down.

Mythic+ should be the only dungeons you ahve to manually form groups for.

Now do me a favor and don't reply back to me with more bullshit.
    They wouldn't be piss easy when you take 5 average lfg players with item level similar to what the dungeon drops and throw them in there. If you took 5 660 ilv people from the lfg pool and put them in mythic skyreach it would be a shitshow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    Sure, exclusive to the 1% audience, what harm could it bring? just like mythic raids, that didn't break up small guilds did it?, I say to blizz go fuck yourself
    Pfffft ahahahaha, yeah like mythic dungeons now, only 1% of player base do/did them...*sarcasm included*

And comparing a 5 man dungeon to a 20 man raid...ok :|

I don't care about this change, the only things I fear are the stupid people who will ask for idiotic IL to do them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNeverLucky View Post
    I don't care about this change, the only things I fear are the stupid people who will ask for idiotic IL to do them.
    Which is everyone else's concer. I don't mind not being able to do Mythic+. That's not my game. It's hard for me. But why lock us out of 2 dungeons by making it Mythic only? Sure I could use the group finder but unless I have heroic raid ilevel and maxed out Artifact noone will take me to even try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Which is everyone else's concer. I don't mind not being able to do Mythic+. That's not my game. It's hard for me. But why lock us out of 2 dungeons by making it Mythic only? Sure I could use the group finder but unless I have heroic raid ilevel and maxed out Artifact noone will take me to even try it.
    The solutions are:

-Ask someone from your guild
    -Ask your friends from other servers/same server
    -Ask on the forum/OpenRaid
    -Make a group yourself

The last option is more time consuming than others obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Awesome game design is now influenced by other people's insecurities now LOL. Get counseling please. I don't know how you function (or will function if you aren't an adult) in today's world if you can't sack up and hit a challenge head on in a video game.
    Game design has always been influenced by people's insecurities. The biggest one being 'top' raiders feeling insecure and pressured into completing everything there is in fear of 'falling behind', making it impossible to add nice things (like world drop legendaries or titanforged items) for normal people without a lot of crying and whining from those 'top' raiders. Often times the ideas get scrapped all together because of this (set gear in LFR (hopefully returning in Legion)).

So that's not really an argument.

I'm happy you are concerned with my well being, but I assure you, I do fine in the real world. I'm an introvert, I don't have any friends, but I am more then capable to fake socializing and going about my day to day business. That even includes giving presentations for boards of directors and such. That's not a problem, I don't need to become friends with them, I just need to be pleasant and professional (it's very much like LFD, just group up with random people, do your thing and leave). I do need some time to recuperate from that, which I do by playing games. Alone. In my attic. And I don't want to have that same socializing pressure in my game as I have in real life. Works fine in WoW, there's no need to form relationships, you can simply work together with random people, be nice and say hi and part ways when you're done. No pressure.

Except these two dungeons.

It has nothing to do with challenge. I'm skilled enough to do Mythic (dungeons, probably not the raids, although I never tried). It's just that I don't need the added pressure of actually forming bonds with people to do content with. Or the pressure of people expecting you to have ilevel 'this drops here' + 30 and super skills. People in premade groups behave differently towards new people then people in random groups. The ones in premades are less friendly, less social, less accepting and usually extremely rude when you make a mistake. I like people in LFD better, they just say hi and we all do our thing. When we wipe, we run back and do it again. If it really goes south, you can leave and quickly find a new group.

It's not the end of the world for me. I'll skip those two dungeons and there's still plenty to do, but I do think it's a bad decision. Contrary to what you believe, many people are not looking for friends in a game and play solo. The absolute succes of LFD and LFR are proof of that.

Deleted
    Its because of casuals in this tread that we cannot have nice things. Blizzard finally does a great decision and you all are bashed them, like honestly stop runing your game with 'i want this to be fast and easy, instead of being challending and rewarding'. Nothing in life is fun if you can instantly complete it and be done, its the journey to get to it that makes it rewarding in the end. If you login to wow and instantly get full bis gear would that be fun?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokered View Post
    Its because of casuals in this tread that we cannot have nice things. Blizzard finally does a great decision and you all are bashed them, like honestly stop runing your game with 'i want this to be fast and easy, instead of being challending and rewarding'. Nothing in life is fun if you can instantly complete it and be done, its the journey to get to it that makes it rewarding in the end. If you login to wow and instantly get full bis gear would that be fun?
    1. Personal preference doesn't equate to general acceptance.

2. Its a fucking videogame, not life.

3. No one expects to log in and get free gear as that would be pretty damn stupid (except when it happens in the Korean FTP MMOs I play).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like this idea. It seems to have a goal, progress through the dungeons, using your skill and ability to unlock harder content.

Deleted
    Heroic and especially normal Court of Stars were 100% pointless. Once you unlock them, you're beyond the point that they matter at all. Noone does them, except for the initial quest. And also noone gets into them by chosing a random heroic dungeon, because the great majority in the queue hasn't unlocked it.

In the end it really doesn't matter if normal or heroic CoS existed or not. You'd never see it.

Deleted
    whatever change, not like mythic dungeons are inaccessible. be half decent at this easy as fuck game and you can do them. what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Game design has always been influenced by people's insecurities. The biggest one being 'top' raiders feeling insecure and pressured into completing everything there is in fear of 'falling behind', making it impossible to add nice things (like world drop legendaries or titanforged items) for normal people without a lot of crying and whining from those 'top' raiders. Often times the ideas get scrapped all together because of this (set gear in LFR (hopefully returning in Legion)).

So that's not really an argument.

I'm happy you are concerned with my well being, but I assure you, I do fine in the real world. I'm an introvert, I don't have any friends, but I am more then capable to fake socializing and going about my day to day business. That even includes giving presentations for boards of directors and such. That's not a problem, I don't need to become friends with them, I just need to be pleasant and professional (it's very much like LFD, just group up with random people, do your thing and leave). I do need some time to recuperate from that, which I do by playing games. Alone. In my attic. And I don't want to have that same socializing pressure in my game as I have in real life. Works fine in WoW, there's no need to form relationships, you can simply work together with random people, be nice and say hi and part ways when you're done. No pressure.

Except these two dungeons.

It has nothing to do with challenge. I'm skilled enough to do Mythic (dungeons, probably not the raids, although I never tried). It's just that I don't need the added pressure of actually forming bonds with people to do content with. Or the pressure of people expecting you to have ilevel 'this drops here' + 30 and super skills. People in premade groups behave differently towards new people then people in random groups. The ones in premades are less friendly, less social, less accepting and usually extremely rude when you make a mistake. I like people in LFD better, they just say hi and we all do our thing. When we wipe, we run back and do it again. If it really goes south, you can leave and quickly find a new group.

It's not the end of the world for me. I'll skip those two dungeons and there's still plenty to do, but I do think it's a bad decision. Contrary to what you believe, many people are not looking for friends in a game and play solo. The absolute succes of LFD and LFR are proof of that.
    Absolute success of lfr lol ok then. Oh and I raid mythic and am looking forward to legion legendaries. I like bold moves by blizzard. Like bring back small attunements and locking 2 dungeons behind a very small barrier.

Let's not forget that mythic+, challenge modes, and mythic raiding already exists to fill the high end pve niche. What purpose is actually served by making the two dungeons in question mythic only?

Why not have normal and heroic versions like the other 8-9 dungeons, and leave mythic mode locked behind completion of the Suramar quests like they already are. Wouldn't that satisfy everyone?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Why not have normal and heroic versions like the other 8-9 dungeons, and leave mythic mode locked behind completion of the Suramar quests like they already are. Wouldn't that satisfy everyone?
    Of course not, because then us plebs could experience the same thing the bestest of the best plays. We can't have that. How dare we touch their things!

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my ... i can already see the salty tears ...

People will adapt and do them anyway as long as the dungeons are fun to play.
    I see no reason to cry over this
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Let's not forget that mythic+, challenge modes, and mythic raiding already exists to fill the high end pve niche. What purpose is actually served by making the two dungeons in question mythic only?

If they bring back normal/heroic of those dungeons they should be behind quest line too. I prefer the mythic only, but purely for one reason, its not on queue shit system.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I think it is stupid, I am not likely to do either of those dungeons but I don't care that much.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code