Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Ah I see, thank you Guess I'm gonna see how annoying those grinds will be (pls don't be like apexis.. don't be like apexis)..
    apparently pet battles also grant AP (found one pet battle world quest right now that grant 100 AP).
    World quesst work following way:
    You open your map and it filled with different activities: pvp quests, profession quests(only available if you have 300+ profession), dungeon quests, apexis like quests, world boss quests, etc.
    Every quest shows which reward it gives (right now there is 7 type of rewards: Gold, AP, Battle pet charms(only for battle pet quests), Blood of sargeras (top tier crafting resource), items (they scale based on your current ilvl up to mythic dungeon quality if i am not mistaken) and common resources, order hall resources
    All those quests are attached to one of the faction. Each day you recieve task to comlete 4 world quests for one of the factions, After completing 4 quests you recieve a chest that contains additional random reward (and reputation with that faction of course).
    Here the screenshot for example:
    http://screencast.com/t/szrqdvjR
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-06-15 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I'm going to guess you aren't in the beta. AP comes very fast, in a week you could easily get the first 25 talents, and the last 10 are a very small increase as long as you choose the right paths.

Also, did you miss that in addition to increasing the amount needed, they HEAVILY increased the amount you get from some items? One item went from 500 to 15k. Add in artifact research notes which are work orders that you can have going on every alt at all time, managing alts is very simple.

You also get about 10-15 artifact levels just while leveling to 110. Seriously, stop freaking out over a chart.

I'm going to guess you aren't in the beta.

If you're trying to convince people you're playing the beta, you're not doing a good job, because this post is completely wrong.

They wanted the over all time needed to reach max level to remain the same, while making it easier and faster to gain the earlier levels, which means this change is incredibly alt friendly. Instead of 2-3 weeks to reach a competent artifact level, it will only take 1-2, but still 6 weeks to reach max.

It's really, really simple.
    This is also false.

You again? Is it just your ambition to trash legion on every front?

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    For fuck sake people are dumb. They buffed it so you get a much bigger gain when you get a % increase on your alts. Instead of getting 200 instead of 100 you would get 2 Million instead of 1 Million. That is a much more significant gain in the new system than the old system.
    im sure those items which give you 15k AP will help you a lot to get that 65 mln needed for 20/20

I,m glad they go little less alt friendly. Only reason I had so many alts is out of boredom and gave alot of gold in wod.

I,m happy to able focus more on a main and is what I will do. Play with friends on my main and unlock all 4 spec artifact and max them out gonna be a challange but acceptabel. Still better then sitting bored in garry/orderhall or capital complaining their is nothing to do.

And when I solo ill level every class to 110 and thats it for alts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alts already died in WoD, who the hell wants to do the same shitty timegated grind for the ring, followers, etc on multiple characters? Sure as hell not me.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    there is only 1 item that was confirmed to be buffed and those types of items are rare to find to begin with
    just logged on the beta, all the items that used to give 20-40 AP now give 200-400+
    I'ts not just safe, it's 40% safe.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im sure those items which give you 15k AP will help you a lot to get that 65 mln needed for 20/20
    They will when you have a ~200% Bonus Gain because you are leveling an alt which is what this is supposed to help with. Alt catchup. Keep on bitching and not doing math though

there is only 1 item that was confirmed to be buffed and those types of items are rare to find to begin with
    Well, you're flat out wrong.

Maybe check your facts by logging onto the be-

Owait, nevermind you're just knee-jerk reacting to changes you don't even have even half a clear picture of.
    Go back to jerking it to comic books
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Deleted
    The first traits are much faster now, then it ramps up, just like before, but since they increased all AP gains from treasures and such, it's not really a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The first traits are much faster now, then it ramps up, just like before, but since they increased all AP gains from treasures and such, it's not really a big problem.
    Obviously it is and you are just incapable of basic thinking and need to go back to the schools for the maths /s

Waiting for AP to be available in a cash shop.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Obviously it is and you are just incapable of basic thinking and need to go back to the schools for the maths /s
    Either way seems that treasure rewards are not affected by the buff, not sure about the 100 AP you get every big quest line.

Could be that they simply want to make those things irrelevant and shift the grinding to world quests???

Which means, why do they even add treasures and shit like that, when they make them so useless now oO

Pls no sarcasm, I can never see sarcasm coming FailFish.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2016-06-15 at 11:32 AM.

100% guaranteed floods of people will be quiting legion when they find out they can't manage alts(so it might take them a few months to figure out they are unable to)

i just logged into wow to tell the devs exactly that in the suggestion box relating to the increase

- - - Updated - - -

did you miss how the previous old requirements would of taken 1year to finish
    the buff they did was to only 1 confirmed item
    and even if they did the same to all sources that's just pissing in the wind compared to 65 million
    Calm down buddy.

The first 15 levels of the artifacts with these changes will take a ridiculous low amount of time to get, compared to before where it could take days/week

And, even if the amount of AP required for the last traits is significantly higher than before, you still get it much quickier than before these changes.

TL;DR: You get all your traits much, MUCH faster than before, which will HELP alts, not KILL them.

edit: and dont forget you generate also much more AP with alts thanks to the items dedicated for this specific purpose that they added in the game like 5 months ago already.

Deleted
    65 million
    And just about how many of those would you be going for on an alt anyway?
    The 20/20 looks to me like it is there for when you fill out the rest of the tree and those account for most of the cost anyway. Were you planning to min/max all your alts?
    Let's be fair here: on an alt you will ignore the 20/20 anyway and most won't be speccing all (blessing of protection+unbreakable will) of the rest either. With the most obvious choices for PvE DPS i get to 29 artifact levels, resulting in 1341870 required hero power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I... don't know if I mind this all that much, especially with the buff to AP granting items. Really, I don't see how you can feasibly have more than 2 characters that you play at a high ish level of proficiency at a time, unless you're in the top 1% skillwise and play a LOT. Jack of all trades, master of none.

Then again, they are lowering skill caps in Legion(looking at you, DK runes etc), so maybe it would be possible to do ~99% of your possible performance on 5 characters in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Either way seems that treasure rewards are not affected by the buff, not sure about the 100 AP you get every big quest line.

Could be that they simply want to make those things irrelevant and shift the grinding to world quests???

Which means, why do they even add treasures and shit like that, when they make them so useless now oO

Pls no sarcasm, I can never see sarcasm coming FailFish.
    They dont want people feeling forced to holding of on killing the rares, looting treasures and doing certain quests until they have a higher knowledge level. So you can just use every artefact power you find without regretting it later.

I'm going to guess you aren't in the beta. AP comes very fast, in a week you could easily get the first 25 talents, and the last 10 are a very small increase as long as you choose the right paths.

Also, did you miss that in addition to increasing the amount needed, they HEAVILY increased the amount you get from some items? One item went from 500 to 15k. Add in artifact research notes which are work orders that you can have going on every alt at all time, managing alts is very simple.
    While I agree with your general sentiment the bolded part is hilariously wrong. Like by orders of magnitude wrong.

Conveniently leaving out the fact they buffed how much AP items give you now

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea of having to work even for alts to become really powerful. But I have no doubt there will be mechanics or nerfs in order to ensure artifact progression goes a bit faster later on, nothing to worry about tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NotInTheFace0 View Post
    Conveniently leaving out the fact they buffed how much AP items give you now
    This as well.