Thread: Patch notes.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um no it's the exact opposite. Zen CAN NOT NEGATE THAT

He can not out heal Pharah or reapers ult they do too much damage per second and some heroes get one shot by reaper ult, you can't heal that but mercy can revive that and lucio can block it. I don't know what kind of rock you've been living under...

Also Zen ult can not heal targets not on the ground, so anyone slightly floating in air thanks to zaryas black hole do not get healed

Really the only thing Zen ult is good for is either protecting himself or trying to get your team mates to push except nobody is smart enough to use zens ult to push so it never happens and even if it does there is a better support that can do that which is lucio.
    You are wrong : https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SourCarele...per-mobile.mp4
    You can clearly see Zenyatta jumping in Zarya's ult to save his teamates and all three of them survived a ROADHOG ULT because of the healing (one dropped extremely low).

Also while Pharah is doing her ult and Zen is doing his, I'm pretty sure your teamates can instagib the Pharah launching Rockets at them, Zen ult will give you the time to do that before you die.
    For Reaper, Zen can't get damaged and he also acts as a "wall" if you go behind him (Zen between you and Reaper) then Reaper's Ult won't hit you.
    Zen's Ult has no problem keeping people alive during Hanzo's Ult too. <- Wrong on this one, didn't know it had 200+ dps it seems, only time I used it was on a RoadHog and Rein so they survive because of their big HP + Ult Healing, 300 and less HP couldn't.
    Last edited by MrTharne; 2016-06-15 at 10:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    He's just as deadly against non-tanks. He'll be fine.
    This. The changes seem very subtle overall.

He's just as deadly against non-tanks. He'll be fine.
    hes exactly 36% less deadly and will have to literally hug anything with 200hp+ to make sure fan will not miss, at the very least, they should have made fan spread less, because the main reason he was melting tanks was their huge hitbox and almost guaranteed 6 hits

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    hes exactly 36% less deadly and will have to literally hug anything with 200hp+ to make sure fan will not miss, at the very least, they should have made fan spread less, because the main reason he was melting tanks was their huge hitbox and almost guaranteed 6 hits
    Don't forget that FTH can headshot still, it's not the case of "i need to hit someone 4 times with FTH to kill him", it's the case of "i need to bodyshot someone 4 times with FTH to kill him". Headshots from spread of FTH happen quite often, and with proper aim (and jump adjustment) you are granted to land at least 3 headshots into meaty, stunned target, granted that you "hug him".

Also, if you are that concerned about not being able to kill 200+ target, do like Mei does - stun, headshot, headshot. Or stun, bodyshot, FTH. Or stun, headshot, melee on 200+ targets below 100% health (25+140+30 should be enough granted you sit around medkits of other places where wounded heroes appear)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-06-15 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

So he has to use his combo a bit more skillfully than before. I don't see the problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Don't forget that FTH can headshot still, it's not the case of "i need to hit someone 4 times with FTH to kill him", it's the case of "i need to bodyshot someone 4 times with FTH to kill him". Headshots from spread of FTH happen quite often, and with proper aim (and jump adjustment) you are granted to land at least 3 headshots into meaty, stunned target, granted that you "hug him".

Also, if you are that concerned about not being able to kill 200+ target, do like Mei does - stun, headshot, headshot. Or stun, bodyshot, FTH. Or stun, headshot, melee on 200+ targets below 100% health (25+140+30 should be enough granted you sit around medkits of other places where wounded heroes appear)
    flashbang lasts .7s, you cant even empty an entire clip during its duration with fan, let alone two headshots, he doesnt have ages to aim like mei, now one miss from the first couple of fan bullets and your target is gonna most likely live

personally, I think mccree is going to be a really bad hero now and I give it a week tops before people realize he was hit too hard

- - - Updated - - -

So he has to use his combo a bit more skillfully than before. I don't see the problem with this.
    you mean more skillfully pray, that rng wont screw him and bullets hit where they are aimed at?

Unless they changed it in the patch of his damage nerf, McCree's FTH does not head shot at all. Just to let anyone know, if they thought otherwise.

Deleted
    Wow dude you are so wrong here.
    Someone who make 300 headshot into 450 sucks, rockets/grenades from 120 to 180 is not effective hero my ass. Seriously, when you get discord orb on you your either fuck off or die, there is no alternative

- - - Updated - - -

Enemies also can outdamage torbjorn molten core healing on his level 3 turret. Molten core probably sucks too, right?
    You have managed to totally and horrendously misunderstand why Zenyatta is not competitive. And it has fuck all to do with Discord.

FtH cannot headshot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    Glad for the McCree and Widowmaker changes.

A bit sad the Winston and D.Va changes didn't make it to live, though.

Still wanting Junkrat's damaged to be reduced.
    What Winston changes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    FtH cannot headshot.
    oh well i stand corrected then

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Minti - Lightbringer View Post
    You have managed to totally and horrendously misunderstand why Zenyatta is not competitive. And it has fuck all to do with Discord.
    he is competitive exactly because he provides 50/50 spread of damage and healing, while also making opponents into a crippled Tracer. He works great in double tank compositions, as long as you can keep your sorry ass alive, which was main problem because of Widowmaker popularity and her 1-shotting you as soon as you appear on a screen
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Unless they changed it in the patch of his damage nerf, McCree's FTH does not head shot at all. Just to let anyone know, if they thought otherwise.
    If what I can find it true, it was mentioned on May 28th that with this patch he no longer gets headshot multipliers with Fan The Hammer?
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

10+ Year Old Account
    flashbang lasts .7s, you cant even empty an entire clip during its duration with fan, let alone two headshots, he doesnt have ages to aim like mei, now one miss from the first couple of fan bullets and your target is gonna most likely live
    0,7s stun is more than enough to aim and land at least 1 headshot. It's freaking 140 damage, you can ram another shot in for extra 70 and be done with it. I used to kill Soldiers/Genji/Pharas/etc exactly like that, stun, headshot, FTH. Now since a single shot of FTH deals just 45 damage i will have to land 1 extra shot out of 5 to get a kill, which is a bummer, but before nerf it was laughable easy to kill people by just holding rightclick and pointing at people until you run out of people to murdurr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Fox View Post
    If what I can find it true, it was mentioned on May 28th that with this patch he no longer gets headshot multipliers with Fan The Hammer?
    That's why i thought it was weird, because i definitely remember getting headshots on D'va when rightclicking on her, i thought it was just my brain messing with me

oh well i stand corrected then

- - - Updated - - -

he is competitive exactly because he provides 50/50 spread of damage and healing, while also making opponents into a crippled Tracer. He works great in double tank compositions, as long as you can keep your sorry ass alive, which was main problem because of Widowmaker popularity and her 1-shotting you as soon as you appear on a screen
    It's also impossible to prove Zenyatta is competitive.

I definitely remember you telling me there's no competitive scene to base McCree/Widowmaker being overpowered off when we had that discussion, claiming Zenyatta is competitive when there's no scene is impossible.

I'll tell you right now he will never see much play though.

10+ Year Old Account
    he is competitive in sense of being on par with other supports, having his niche and being part of decent team compositions.

he is competitive in sense of being on par with other supports, having his niche and being part of decent team compositions.
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/13-ov...-limit-and-you
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/14-ov...of-the-maps-go

This is not being "niche", this is being useless. And Zenyatta is my most played hero.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/13-ov...-limit-and-you
    http://www.planetoverwatch.org/14-ov...of-the-maps-go

This is not being "niche", this is being useless. And Zenyatta is my most played hero.
    Note that one of those has stats taken from a tournament weekend with 1 Hero Limit, which obviously means Zenyatta is useless because you can't afford giving up your Mercy/Lucio/Symmetra slot to one, but yeah he's bad.

Note that one of those has stats taken from a tournament weekend with 1 Hero Limit, which obviously means Zenyatta is useless because you can't afford giving up your Mercy/Lucio/Symmetra slot to one, but yeah he's bad.
    The two of them are 1 hero Limit. But if you look at no hero limit http://www.planetoverwatch.org/12-ov...payload-report (no King of the Hills), it doesn't change much.

I find that Zenyatta really works well on the Shrine Nepal, you pick the corner with vision of the center control so you can slap around heals and stand back and kill people, especially fun when killing Widow's who also like to stand back and snipe in corners. He works best waaaay back with wide open spaces to heal from.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I find that Zenyatta really works well on the Shrine Nepal, you pick the corner with vision of the center control so you can slap around heals and stand back and kill people, especially fun when killing Widow's who also like to stand back and snipe in corners. He works best waaaay back with wide open spaces to heal from.
    See I understand what you're trying to say but I'm not sure if I fully agree, I'm not sure if he works best from really far away because he clearly needs to be up close to ult, and he shines the most at mid range with his damage, especially if you can discord a tank which shreds them.

Being at very long range also puts you at risk of being singled out by a Winston or a Widowmaker or whatever which you'll survive, though you won't survive that at midrange either.

He's just a weird character man.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    He's just a weird character man.
    Best character, you mean.

I'm liking the Widow nerf, at least the crappy ones wont insta-gib me without actually getting a head-shot anymore.