Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    You do know strings of text from a build here and there hint at a troll raid... zandalar to be exact... remember...

Dahkspeah nevah die

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Is "detect invisible" spell still in game ? I thought it was removed and its mandatory to notice that.

Majority of them would be more than content with that.....
    Yeah dident we see voljin do the whole thing with the saurok scenario. And also dident he lead the assault on orggrimar. Also him telling garrosh to his face he was gonna kill him... OK maybe half of his stuff was in the books... but he still had plenty in game
    Also yes... I don't see why everyone saw varien (or jaina) are very just evil people... they have both been through a TON both were best friends with art has... and we'll... that's gotta wreck their souls... the both have been through some rough shit... like that old guy who fought in Vietnam and is just a little bit too racist because of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post

At this point we'll soon be seeing the Void Lords and Sargeras being taken down by 10 to 25 random murder hobos .
    So, like, a player raid, just like most bosses?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    So, like, a player raid, just like most bosses?
    Sadly ,yeah.Godlike beings taken down by Mary Sue ants.Great writing Blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Arrashi I honestly can't tell whether you're trolling and poking fun or whether you never read the books and are unaware that characters do things in them that aren't portrayed in game. Yes, Vol'jin does heroic stuff. Both as a kid in Paragons and again as leader of the Darkspears in Shadows of the Horde Vol'jin is absolutely heroic. He's a tactical genius and a badass both in melee and at range. He's patient and calculating, but decisive and effective when it's time to act. Even in game he does some stuff. He did lead the battle to liberate the islands, and he was the leader of the rebellion... But despite his leadership he has never been given a scene in game to be badass the way he is in the books. I blame that on the writers at Blizz, and I think the game would be better/more enjoyable for all of us if this was different.
    Arrashi and Wildberry are known to hate Voljin.They have their reasons,i personally think its racism and blind hate,but whatever.Try not to pay too much attention to it.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You do know strings of text from a build here and there hint at a troll raid... zandalar to be exact... remember...

Dahkspeah nevah die

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah dident we see voljin do the whole thing with the saurok scenario. And also dident he lead the assault on orggrimar. Also him telling garrosh to his face he was gonna kill him... OK maybe half of his stuff was in the books... but he still had plenty in game
    Also yes... I don't see why everyone saw varien (or jaina) are very just evil people... they have both been through a TON both were best friends with art has... and we'll... that's gotta wreck their souls... the both have been through some rough shit... like that old guy who fought in Vietnam and is just a little bit too racist because of it...
    Just wish we'd gotten to see Vol'jin making good on that threat. That would have been so much more viscerally satisfying than yet another green Jesus cinematic, when Thrall's the one who created the problem in the first place.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Arrashi I honestly can't tell whether you're trolling and poking fun or whether you never read the books and are unaware that characters do things in them that aren't portrayed in game. Yes, Vol'jin does heroic stuff. Both as a kid in Paragons and again as leader of the Darkspears in Shadows of the Horde Vol'jin is absolutely heroic. He's a tactical genius and a badass both in melee and at range. He's patient and calculating, but decisive and effective when it's time to act. Even in game he does some stuff. He did lead the battle to liberate the islands, and he was the leader of the rebellion... But despite his leadership he has never been given a scene in game to be badass the way he is in the books. I blame that on the writers at Blizz, and I think the game would be better/more enjoyable for all of us if this was different.
    Ok tactical genius thing proved that you are joking. Was sending infantry against juggy a glimpse of that genius ? Or was that perhaps not having siege weapons to take down the gate ? Perhaps failing to secure docks was example of that genius ? No ? Well unless he can hide an imperator titan in a bush i wouldn't call him tacticool jinias.

Patient and calculating. Yeaaah. Especially when he threatened garrosh. He sure as hell shown him. Because cunning person who tries to betray someone surely will tell them about it. Hey, at least he is honorable ? Also effective ? Where exactly ?

"Battle to libearte islands". It took him YEARS, support of mercenaries and a deity to take down SINGLE necromancer. This is even acknowledged in books.

Walking into obvious trap isn't heroism. Its idiotism. Telling garrosh he is gonna kill him was one of his dumbest decision that proved that he doesn't even know when to shut the fuck up. And his "leading" assault on orgrimmar ended in him doing nothing and letting others (alliance included) take over as soon as they shown up. That's funny since in broken shore as soon as you met up with sylvanas she takes reins and lol'jin stops talking. Perhaps he was evolving ?
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2016-06-15 at 08:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok tactical genius thing proved that you are joking. Was sending infantry against juggy a glimpse of that genius ? Or was that perhaps not having siege weapons to take down the gate ? Perhaps failing to secure docks was example of that genius ? No ? Well unless he can hide an imperator titan in a bush i wouldn't call him tacticool jinias.

Patient and calculating. Yeaaah. Especially when he threatened garrosh. He sure as hell shown him. Because cunning person who tries to betray someone surely will tell them about it. Hey, at least he is honorable ? Also effective ? Where exactly ?

"Battle to libearte islands". It took him YEARS, support of mercenaries and a deity to take down SINGLE necromancer. This is even acknowledged in books.

Walking into obvious trap isn't heroism. Its idiotism. Telling garrosh he is gonna kill him was one of his dumbest decision that proved that he doesn't even know when to shut the fuck up. And his "leading" assault on orgrimmar ended in him doing nothing and letting others (alliance included) take over as soon as they shown up. That's funny since in broken shore as soon as you met up with sylvanas she takes reins and lol'jin stops talking. Perhaps he was evolving ?
    Ok - so the answer is you don't read the books and are just cobbling together snips & bits from in game? I specifically said I was describing his attributes in the books, where other leaders defer to him for his tactical skills and he plans a successful hit & run guerilla resistance against the Zandalari.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok - so the answer is you don't read the books and are just cobbling together snips & bits from in game? I specifically said I was describing his attributes in the books, where other leaders defer to him for his tactical skills and he plans a successful hit & run guerilla resistance against the Zandalari.
    I single adventurer and blacksmith daughter ran successful resistance against zandalari. And scored alot less failures on their way.

Also basis of storytelling - show don't tell.
    Also - his books is arguably the most painful warcraft book to read. And that speaks something.

Deleted
    But wait! He isn't dead! shia surprise!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zul View Post
    Blizzard just couldn't take any more of Arrashi's constant whining, clearly.
    I guess they couldn't h-h-h-h-h-heeeeeeeelp it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isoe View Post
    I strongly believe Vol'Jin will return (while Varian will definitely stay dead).
    I'm pretty sure there's a vol'jin urn... as in his body's been burned and the ashes that remain were put in a jar. I'd be impressed if Vol'jin came back from that

7+ Year Old Account
    I single adventurer and blacksmith daughter ran successful resistance against zandalari. And scored alot less failures on their way.

Also basis of storytelling - show don't tell.
    Also - his books is arguably the most painful warcraft book to read. And that speaks something.
    Whatever. lol

Deleted
    YOure all arguing with someone from the internet, just say he is right and move on, when someone is to stubborn to be convinced just let them sit there and be stubborn, but the human friend zul'jin makes while recovering he is the true bad ass though, the scene with them under the floor boards was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by ilmatic View Post
    YOure all arguing with someone from the internet, just say he is right and move on, when someone is to stubborn to be convinced just let them sit there and be stubborn
    Yeah, I dont know why people dont ignore DarklingThrush at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a vol'jin urn... as in his body's been burned and the ashes that remain were put in a jar. I'd be impressed if Vol'jin came back from that
    You can come back from a lot of things when you're BFF with Bwonsamdi.

Maybe it will return only as a spirit. Anyway, I can't imagine a Zandalari patch without a strong implication of Vol'Jin, in a way or another.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yeah, I dont know why people dont ignore DarklingThrush at this point.
    lol ~ Well that should be easy enough to do - just stop reading my threads or commenting on them. I mean, you're all welcome to comment, even when we disagree with each other. But if you want to ignore me, by all means bow out. I promise not to stress over it either way.

Blizzard is ending the Warcraft franchise.Thats the only explanation i can think of for killing so many named characters.They've given up on the lore.
    I think they're just freshening it up a bit, WC is very GoT like,.. the fantasy world is different because the dead can rise ofc, but lots of heroes have been dying, and new ones arising.

Deleted
    Because the character is super boring and didn't really do anything. He gets kicked from his island because of a Naga sea witch... and can only reclaim it with the help of the Horde and its adventurers. He makes edgy death threats to the warchief of the Horde. Then he walks into an obvious trap and gets murdered... in a cave... by a Kor'kron orc... real tactical genius... After that he's back and has to request the help of the Alliance to actually get into Orgrimmar... having to pipe down quite a bit and ask the Alliance player very nicely after his little ''I am stronk troll who don't need no help'' fails to impress the player. Following that the Horde and Alliance get into Orgrimmar and take down Garrosh, Vol'jin didn't even deliver on his edgy threats. Then he becomes warchief because Thrall would rather just chill and bang Aggra, even Vol'jin is like ''why me??????''. He does nothing in Legion and then he dies. Thank God.

Blizzard is ending the Warcraft franchise.Thats the only explanation i can think of for killing so many named characters.They've given up on the lore.
    Orrrr they're killing off some characters to make the villains of the expansion actually seem like a threat, instead of just the usual ''oh noes it is enemy *roflstomps said enemy in the expansion with no real losses* ok who is next????''. I've never felt like the ''threats'' in WoW were actually threatening, because no one really dies, no areas get lost... (yes, the Cataclysm, but we didn't really interact with that, it was just there at the start of the expansion) with some of the important people dying, I do get that feeling. Plus WoW has quite the roster of characters at this point so... and it allows for people like Anduin to get some interesting story development.
    If you want to end a franchise, you can just discontinue it, you don't have to kill off all the franchise's characters in order to justify shelving it... that's just stupid... Blizzard said there would be another expansion after Legion, when they were talking about the next stat squish so....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlink7 View Post
    Because the character is super boring and didn't really do anything. He gets kicked from his island because of a Naga sea witch... and can only reclaim it with the help of the Horde and its adventurers. He makes edgy death threats to the warchief of the Horde. Then he walks into an obvious trap and gets murdered... in a cave... by a Kor'kron orc... real tactical genius... After that he's back and has to request the help of the Alliance to actually get into Orgrimmar... having to pipe down quite a bit and ask the Alliance player very nicely after his little ''I am stronk troll who don't need no help'' fails to impress the player. Following that the Horde and Alliance get into Orgrimmar and take down Garrosh, Vol'jin didn't even deliver on his edgy threats. Then he becomes warchief because Thrall would rather just chill and bang Aggra, even Vol'jin is like ''why me??????''. He does nothing in Legion and then he dies. Thank God.

Orrrr they're killing off some characters to make the villains of the expansion actually seem like a threat, instead of just the usual ''oh noes it is enemy *roflstomps said enemy in the expansion with no real losses* ok who is next????''. I've never felt like the ''threats'' in WoW were actually threatening, because no one really dies, no areas get lost... (yes, the Cataclysm, but we didn't really interact with that, it was just there at the start of the expansion) with some of the important people dying, I do get that feeling. Plus WoW has quite the roster of characters at this point so... and it allows for people like Anduin to get some interesting story development.
    If you want to end a franchise, you can just discontinue it, you don't have to kill off all the franchise's characters in order to justify shelving it... that's just stupid... Blizzard said there would be another expansion after Legion, when they were talking about the next stat squish so....
    So... Are you saying they didn't do more with him because he's boring?
    I'm saying he's boring because they didn't do more with him. Or rather, because they didn't do any of it very well. He has all the ingredients of a great character and was just poorly developed in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was a shitty character. They selected him for important role far too late to properly develop him for that role and what would come next. In the end, there never was a vol'jins story, there always was a garrosh story, where vol'jin was a pick up actor. And because of that they had no idea what to do with him next. And offed him on first occasion.

Well said. Up until MoP Vol'jin's only notable appearances was as a farce for Brewfest's tapping of the keg, and in Cataclysm's pre-patch as a "we haven't forgotten about Trolls and Gnomes" questline to reclaim the isles. He suddenly develops this whole personality that just didn't exist in any shape or form in MoP because Blizzard realized everyone hated Garrosh and they needed a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Things get cut, and plans change mid development. Anything from early alpha should be taken with a grain of salt.