Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I can't seem to find any recent data on this. On level 30 talents, I keep seeing Dire Frenzy or Chimaera Shot being referenced but no data on why one or the other. Chimaera Shot feels better rotationwise, but Dire Frenzy seems like the better dps choice. Am I off base here?

Deleted
    Can any1 confirm if there is quiver for old bows?
    Thinking about transmogging the gun into a illidan bow or smth.
    Do they get ANY quiver?
    + i saw that the "arrow" that you pull with a string of a bow is actually bigger and actually looks like an arrow.
    Can any1 confirm if black temple or other bow's get updated arrow models even if they have no quiver?
    God I hate this ugly mechanical thing! :c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Can any1 confirm if there is quiver for old bows?
    Thinking about transmogging the gun into a illidan bow or smth.
    Do they get ANY quiver?
    + i saw that the "arrow" that you pull with a string of a bow is actually bigger and actually looks like an arrow.
    Can any1 confirm if black temple or other bow's get updated arrow models even if they have no quiver?
    God I hate this ugly mechanical thing! :c
    this is just me guessing. but frome what i read the quiver is actualy only with the artifact bow so transmorging older weapons like illidans wont show it. ofc this is just pure speculation but sounds like it could work that way,as it follows with the artifact.

Deleted
    Don't do this to me, don't force me into gnome hunter mechanical bow mode while I am proud orc hunter

Deleted
    Stuff like pets/Hati bugging around WILL be something that drives people off the spec. I seriously hope they get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohyoto View Post
    I srsly think that BM would be unplayable without master's call and explosive trap knock back in PvP.
    Also no Camo for BM? Not sure how I missed this change if it is going live in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Mastery >= Haste > Vers > Crit
    Do sims back that? I would think with Wild call interaction with dire beast and dire beast interaction with Beastial Wrath, Crit would atleast by a close second to mastery.

Crit only affects dire beast on a 20% chance so its affect on resets is curtailed significantly compared to say haste straight up reducing cooldowns in general AND generating additional autos which have a chance to crit. Also its important to note that even if crit is only like 1% worse than haste or vers you'd still say they are > crit despite crit being fine in 99% of situations.

All in all a better way of looking at that is to say "I want Mastery on every slot I can, and the other stat probably won't matter a huge deal but haste is ideal if its available" The exact numbers are in flux so that's enough to make reasonable choices for beta and planning for pre patch, while waiting for more precise sims as launch draws closer and numbers tuning is finalized.
    Last edited by Vurrin; 2016-06-14 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I just stumbled across this video on Youtube, came here to discuss it, and see where someone had already shared it. Preach suggests that Blizz’s intention was to make BM Hunter a spec that allowed bad players to still do competitive DPS. You know, like that guy in your guild who’s super nice and everyone likes him but he just isn’t very good? Well now he can spec BM Hunter and actually make a fair contribution to your raid team! :\

I’m not against the idea of specs like this. My guild has one of these guys too, and I’m sure this could help him. I even understand why they picked BM Hunter. It’s popular with new players. It was the first character I made when I started playing WoW.

Problem is, I’ve actually started playing a BM Hunter again recently, have been enjoying him, and would like to play him in Legion. This video doesn’t make that sound very appealing. Not only is the class dumbed down; I really don’t like any of the changes to special effects or class fantasy. Haati doesn’t do it for me, guns don’t do it for me (even if I transmog it, I’m still doing the gun quest line), and summoning random animals from the zone don’t do it for me. Class fantasy is at least as important to me as DPS; if I can’t enjoy my idea for the character, I won’t care how competitive his DPS is. Those of you who only care about competitive DPS may have nothing to worry about. Preach seems to think BM Hunters will be easy-peasy to do competitive DPS.

I honestly don’t know what I will do, other than put the toon on the shelf for a bit and think about him more after I’ve leveled some others.

- - - Updated - - -

The extra pet only helps class fantasy if it fits with your character concept. Otherwise it's a random animal that clashes with what you're trying to create.
    There are some things implemented that will help with some of those class-fantasy issues- There is a glyph that causes Dire Beast to summon animals from your stable instead of the wild, and there is an item that you can obtain at 110 that can change Haati's appearance to that of any of your other pets (you get to choose which one).

There's really no focus in the 'gun' questline about it being a gun. The story there is about a titan artifact, and has you interacting with Mimiron and Thorim.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There are some things implemented that will help with some of those class-fantasy issues- There is a glyph that causes Dire Beast to summon animals from your stable instead of the wild, and there is an item that you can obtain at 110 that can change Haati's appearance to that of any of your other pets (you get to choose which one).

There's really no focus in the 'gun' questline about it being a gun. The story there is about a titan artifact, and has you interacting with Mimiron and Thorim.
    Cool - thanks! All of that helps. I can find a bow model that looks like a titan artifact. Probably the Crypt Fiend Slayer from Halls of Reflection Normal. And involving more of my spirit beasts will make it look like I am still being protected by grateful Loa. I appreciate you sharing this with me.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    Crit only affects dire beast on a 20% chance so its affect on resets is curtailed significantly compared to say haste straight up reducing cooldowns in general AND generating additional autos which have a chance to crit. Also its important to note that even if crit is only like 1% worse than haste or vers you'd still say they are > crit despite crit being fine in 99% of situations.

All in all a better way of looking at that is to say "I want Mastery on every slot I can, and the other stat probably won't matter a huge deal but haste is ideal if its available" The exact numbers are in flux so that's enough to make reasonable choices for beta and planning for pre patch, while waiting for more precise sims as launch draws closer and numbers tuning is finalized.
    Sweet, thank you

Hmz, not only is the spec not much fun, it now is actually anti mythic? Before legion was released I was hoping to main the BM again like I have done since vanilla, I went into mythic for the first time in WoD, and started as BM, learned the ropes and succeeded, then I was forced to spec MM because of abviouse reasons, now I would probably not be taken serious if I apply to a mythic guild saying BM xD So this is what blizz is doing now.. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Hmz, not only is the spec not much fun, it now is actually anti mythic? Before legion was released I was hoping to main the BM again like I have done since vanilla, I went into mythic for the first time in WoD, and started as BM, learned the ropes and succeeded, then I was forced to spec MM because of abviouse reasons, now I would probably not be taken serious if I apply to a mythic guild saying BM xD So this is what blizz is doing now.. sigh.
    Mythic groups will always demand the highest DPS spec. Currently that is MM, but I think it's too early to say what it will be in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Mythic groups will always demand the highest DPS spec. Currently that is MM, but I think it's too early to say what it will be in Legion.
    I hope all 3 specs are really close with BM being better in aoe and MM being better single target,
    while SV is good too. I dont want to be forced in BM, I dont like it. And being forced into a spec in wod wasnt a big deal since they all played kinda similar (in the core), but now I would like to play SV but I fear for it being competative.
    But blizz failed this in wod so it will probably happen in legion again :/

7+ Year Old Account
    So just from playing this a bit on the PTR to get a feel for it, shockingly, I don't hate it. It's definitely bizarre, and what I would really like is my MoP BM hunter back, but since that's not happening, I suppose I can adjust. Focus seems almost infinite-- I could practically spam Cobra Shot in between cooldowns and my worst problem was still making sure I didn't get focus capped. Can't imagine what the design intention of that might be, but whatever. Will still try the other two specs to see which one I like the best, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    So just from playing this a bit on the PTR to get a feel for it, shockingly, I don't hate it. It's definitely bizarre, and what I would really like is my MoP BM hunter back, but since that's not happening, I suppose I can adjust. Focus seems almost infinite-- I could practically spam Cobra Shot in between cooldowns and my worst problem was still making sure I didn't get focus capped. Can't imagine what the design intention of that might be, but whatever. Will still try the other two specs to see which one I like the best, of course.
    Remember that classes are not designed for lvl 100 but for lvl 110.

Deleted
    I am just curious which spec will work best with my current gear (all crit-multi) since ms is converted to haste if u have crit already on the item I think BM might be the best, or maybe MM, not sure

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnogga View Post
    Remember that classes are not designed for lvl 100 but for lvl 110.
    I do understand that. That's why I said I was looking at the feel of the rotation and such rather than numbers. Just basic things, what I'll have to get used to when the expansion drops and I start questing and dungeoning to 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Julianor View Post
    I am just curious which spec will work best with my current gear (all crit-multi) since ms is converted to haste if u have crit already on the item I think BM might be the best, or maybe MM, not sure
    I think we'll be switching a lot of out pieces to get rid of crit, and from then it's whatever you like more, BM or MM, since they are both prioritizing mastery and haste

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Focus seems almost infinite-- I could practically spam Cobra Shot in between cooldowns and my worst problem was still making sure I didn't get focus capped.
    Not sure what talents you were using or what your haste levels are like in your WoD gear (and, ofc, the weapon), but focus definitely isn't infinite on beta at normal gear levels. Can't speak to Mythic or Mythic+ gear yet, and obviously we don't have raid gear yet.

EDIT: When I can get on PTR to test, I'll have a better idea of how it compares to beta and will report back if someone hasn't beaten me to it by then
    Last edited by Keyimin; 2016-06-15 at 03:01 PM.