Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    how come no one is questioning why the OP is taking so many big girls home with him to have them cook?
    'Coz it's none of our business?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    'Coz it's none of our business?
    When he brought up the subject he made it everyone's business

When he brought up the subject he made it everyone's business
    Shrug. Last night, my roommate had one guy come over and work on a paper for her while another guy came over an hour or two later to cook her dinner. Why do people do the things they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Shrug. Last night, my roommate had one guy come over and work on a paper for her while another guy came over an hour or two later to cook her dinner. Why do people do the things they do?
    I don't know if I should feel sad or laugh at someone who allows themselves to be used like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    You can't afford fast food forever.
    Sure you can. There's a reason these places have dollar menus.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

If the laughter would be derisive, it'd be best if you just felt your sadness quietly. Process your feelings and get on with your day.

I don't know if I should feel sad or laugh at someone who allows themselves to be used like that
    She's pretty average looking too so it's quite amazing. Her trick seems to involve acting very sweet and unassuming about things.

I'm trying to be nonjudgmental but it's getting progressively more difficult.

Deleted
    how come no one is questioning why the OP is taking so many big girls home with him to have them cook?
    Maybe he just wanted a nice dinner and figured fat girls surely can cook - and is now realising his mistake

I actually am adulting quite well as of late. Last month I spent $700+ on takeaway.

This month I spent $40 and most of it was a nice meal at a restaraunt. I was gonna drop another $40 on a steak, but i went to the groceries and bought one (among other necessities) and made it at home.

I ate 2 steaks, asparagus, red potatoes , broccoli and a salad yesterday. Shit, I'm still full.

Go me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Just an observation i've made over the years.

It's a bit counter-intuitive. How are you big as hell ,but you can't cook for shit? I invite them over hoping that they'll be able to make me some food, but they don't even know to fry chicken.

I'm a better cook than all of them, and i'm not even that good of a cook.
    That's why they are fat mate, they don't cook. They haul a fuckin wheelbarrow into the McDonalds drive thru and say 'fill 'er up'.

That said I haven't had any gf who could cook beyond burnt toast and dried noodles. Thank god I like cooking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I actually am adulting quite well as of late. Last month I spent $700+ on takeaway.

This month I spent $40 and most of it was a nice meal at a restaraunt. I was gonna drop another $40 on a steak, but i went to the groceries and bought one (among other necessities) and made it at home.

I ate 2 steaks, asparagus, red potatoes , broccoli and a salad yesterday. Shit, I'm still full.

Go me!
    Jesus fuck $700 on take away??!?!? Are you American because the fast food there is also so cheap. Good on you giving actual food a go though mate. Get into that steak and chicken.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Go me!
    That's basically my diet, minus the potatoes. Minus one steak, add a couple of protein shakes.

High protein + fiber diets are very filling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferwyn View Post
    This is BS.....no way someone orders fast food daily.
    If we limited it to families, I would agree. If not, I for over 10 years ate nothing but fast food. I had no reason to cook anything more complicated than a hot pocket. Unless we count Tuna fish sandwiches as cooking. Granted once I got married with kids, that all went to hell! Though our grocery bill easy hits $400-500 a month, so I'm not 100% sure that a family couldn't do just as well off the dollar menu foods

It's for the best - you need to have some room to chew your arm off in the morning to get away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Pretty sure plenty of big girls and guys can cook. Pretty sure plenty of skinny girls and guys can and can't as well. But hey, it's not like there's billions of individuals on the planet or something. One size fits all, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That's basically my diet, minus the potatoes. Minus one steak, add a couple of protein shakes.

High protein + fiber diets are very filling.
    Asparagus is soooo good. Brussels Sprouts too. Lately, and this makes me really really sad, steak seems to be too heavy for my stomach to tolerate well anymore.

This is interesting. When I first got married my wife didn't really know how to cook. Her father was a good cook and liked to cook so he did all the cooking. So she never learned to. I knew how to cook somewhat. I wouldn't say I'm a good cook but I know the basics, frying an egg, barbequing a steak, pan frying, etc. After we got married she started to pick up cooking and now shes a better cook than me.

Go me!
    And how old were you when you started 'adulting'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    This is interesting. When I first got married my wife didn't really know how to cook. Her father was a good cook and liked to cook so he did all the cooking. So she never learned to. I knew how to cook somewhat. I wouldn't say I'm a good cook but I know the basics, frying an egg, barbequing a steak, pan frying, etc. After we got married she started to pick up cooking and now shes a better cook than me.
    My last ex couldn't cook at all. She had serious trouble trying to scramble eggs. That meant that I basically did all the cooking, which worked out well for me, because she would then clean up the dishes afterwards. It was a match made in heaven, since I love cooking and hate cleaning, and she was the exact opposite.

I find most people can't cook. I love to cook but I don't very often because I hate cleaning up after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    My last ex couldn't cook at all. She had serious trouble trying to scramble eggs. That meant that I basically did all the cooking, which worked out well for me, because she would then clean up the dishes afterwards. It was a match made in heaven, since I love cooking and hate cleaning, and she was the exact opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I find most people can't cook. I love to cook but I don't very often because I hate cleaning up after.
    That's an unwritten, but established rule..
    Who cooks doesn't clean afterwards.

Now, if you're alone, that sucks.
    But if you're not, then it's not your job to clean the kitchen/dishes afterwards.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."