Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anyone can kill you on a whim; legal or not, you're still dead.

If I ever travel to MURICA, which I have no intention to do then yes, I would actually be scared of your gun loving cops over there and do my best to avoid them or seem as harmless as possible if I ever got too close to them.

In my own country, I have respect for the police and do not fear them.

What the hell?

Also, no, i have no fear of the police.

No, No I am not terrified, I prefer it when police are around. My advice to the OP if you ever find yourself in trouble, or someone breaks into your home, threatens you, deal with it yourself, or call your local blood, crypt, or ms13 gang member maybe they will help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't go outside because I'm terrified of the sun. That thing can kill me if it wanted to!

Deleted
    Nope never afraid of officers because I have no reason to be scared. If you are scared then you are either paranoid or maybe you have some dirty secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    If I ever travel to MURICA, which I have no intention to do then yes, I would actually be scared of your gun loving cops over there and do my best to avoid them or seem as harmless as possible if I ever got too close to them.

In my own country, I have respect for the police and do not fear them.
    Yes because gun loving American cops shoot tourist every day, better stay away if you value your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Not everyone. I do not fear them and have no reason to. Which is the big key there. So no, I am not terrified a officer will kill me on a whim, because 99.9% of them never do that. :P
    Same .
    No fear of them at all.

You are far more likely to be harmed/killed by your "fellow citizen" than a cop.
    Oh and ...ANYONE can kill you at any time.
    Enjoy that .

10+ Year Old Account
    Me thinks our OP needs to spend less time looking at media and more time actually reading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Are you terrified of police officers based on how they could kill you on a whim?
    Given that I'm lucky enough to live in a country where the police can't kill me on a whim, I'd say no.

Are you terrified of police officers based on how they could kill you on a whim?
    I'm mostly turned on by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I don't go outside because I'm terrified of the sun. That thing can kill me if it wanted to!
    Horribly off-topic but someone had to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    And you can't show a cop any of your innate disdain or else.
    Maybe try not being a shithead? It keeps most people alive, anyway. Be respectful of people until they, personally, do something to you which warrants "disdain" and suddenly you've got a lot less to be frightened of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I don't live in the US or any other country which has trigger happy police. So no, i feel perfectly safe around police in my country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, every police officer I have had an interaction with was very professional and respectful... If you don't do anything stupid you have nothing to fear.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

No, not at all
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It sounds like you're paranoid, in all seriousness. However, were I live, I'm allowed and encouraged often, by both local police and state troopers, to carry a concealed firearm and mace/pepper-spray. Most of the time, however, I don't need to or want to. I know enough martial arts to get away from people or defend myself. That and I know how to use the majority of my feminine accessories as (basically) lethal improvised weapons. *Shrugs*

Anyways, I don't fear police, at least not the physical aspects of dying to one of them. I'm more afraid of being blamed and charged for something that I didn't do than being shot or beaten up.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

terrified? no. cautious? yes. though not based on "killing on the whim" becasue they can't actualy. some have the flimsiest of justifications, but they still need to have a justification.

I HAVE found that the smaller the city you live in - the nicer police is. has to do with levels of stress - fewer people in general=fewer terrible situations you deal with on daily basis.

there is a reason why so many cops in big cities have high burnout rate. I have worked with several and sometimes it can be very difficult to keep your humanity when every day you are faced with the lowest of it as part of your job.

I am only ever fearful when I am driving, not being killed but getting pulled over and getting some BS ticket. Have gotten 1 loud exhaust (which has no standard Db rating, its at officers discretion), 2 for No front License plate (MN is one of a few states that has this BS law). and I get pulled over for a bunch of other BS stuff all the time. This is why I fear police and its not necessarily the police, but rather state patrol and sheriff's. The cops in town don't mess with us for this stuff as we run a world wide speed shop and bring a lot of money into town and they are friends and family and don't want to cause issues for no reason.

I've actually played through scenarios with police interactions in my head and how slowly I'd move if I were dealing with them because they so often get away with murder. I want it to be extremely apparent if I'm ever shot by the police that I was in no way threatening. More police need to held accountable for their actions. I sympathize with the dangers of their career but if they can't cope with the anxiety that one day they might be in harm's way, they should find a way to overcome it or find a new career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    So is the OP the new Tennisballs or Jayburner?
    It is more like the new Salandrin, some of their threads are virtually direct copies of Salandrin ones, e.g. the ones about dogs.