Thread: Patch notes.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's why i thought it was weird, because i definitely remember getting headshots on D'va when rightclicking on her, i thought it was just my brain messing with me
    It could never headshot.

The widow damage nerf made sense, the scope change was really unnecessary and completely changes the flow of her play to something less enjoyable.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You need to think about this for a moment. Zenyatta is invulnerable, not ethereal. Body-blocking damage to protect your team is totally something you can do.

It doesn't really matter if certain ults can outdo his healing; that's not the purpose of his Ultimate. It's not meant to be immunity while it's active.

I don't like his ultimate because he normally has to hang back and snipe, and he needs to be up-front for his ultimate to be good; that's a conflict. If he had more health so he could play more riskily in the group advance, or if he could drop his ultimate on top of a friendly player, either of those would help.
    I was referring to the specific scenario. There is also the problem of blocking the line of sight, your teammates have, I also don't know if you can just shoot under him, like with a payload since he's floating all the time.
    Anyways, I agree that it's counterintuitive. Maybe having it depend on your orbs in some way would work, so you have the glowing healing tank in the front while you still stay back and shoot. Or at least like I said earlier, make him able to do more than just move during it.
    It would almost turn things around against Widow since your projectiles are fast, accurate and have no rangedropoff, not to mention your team would be able to survive unless headshot.

Also, now Zens can learn the joy of being shot twice in quick succession (0,25 sec charging would still kill) and die, like everyone else instead of just getting oneshot.
    Btw: previously 0,33s were enough to kill a 200 Hp hero, now it takes twice as much time.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The widow damage nerf made sense, the scope change was really unnecessary and completely changes the flow of her play to something less enjoyable.
    Quickscoping was half her strength.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Quickscoping was half her strength.
    And?

10ch

And?

10ch
    It was part of the problem. It completely decimated the ability to flank her, which is supposed to be the primary weakness of a sniper.

It was part of the problem. It completely decimated the ability to flank her, which is supposed to be the primary weakness of a sniper.
    In what way did it decimate the ability to flank her?

...she has a much larger field of vision unscoped. By being able to drop scope and snap back into scoped mode she could maintain a higher field of vision, making it much more difficult to flank her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because quick scoping allowed her to have normal field of vision, normal turn speed, all while removing half-the scope animation.
    That was an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Widowmaker seems more powerful now than before imo, still deal tons of dmg to people and they get one shotted...her ulti charges up super quick still so, everythings still good

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Widowmaker seems more powerful now than before imo, still deal tons of dmg to people and they get one shotted...her ulti charges up super quick still so, everythings still good
    They only nerfed her, how can she be stronger ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Widowmaker literally cannot one-shot anyone now sans a headshot (which is the exact same damage as before), already damaged, or Mercy damage amp. (All those conditions existed before the nerf as well)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They only nerfed her, how can she be stronger ?
    I dunno, just the way it feels when I play her...like I don't feel like "ohh wow, this seems nerfed woaaa".

...she has a much larger field of vision unscoped. By being able to drop scope and snap back into scoped mode she could maintain a higher field of vision, making it much more difficult to flank her.
    I can't think of any situation where I've played a flanker and tried to come at her or anyone I was trying to flank for that matter within the standard field of view. Especially not a widow who typically spends most of her time scoped with tiny fractions of a second unscoped in between.

I think both nerfs were things that were acceptable to change, but both at the same time was a bit much. But that is fairly typical of blizzard nerfs, seen it I'm not sure how many times in wow where you have a problem and instead of just addressing the single issue blizzard nerfs it 2-3 different ways and causes it to be under powered.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Widowmaker literally cannot one-shot anyone now sans a headshot (which is the exact same damage as before), already damaged, or Mercy damage amp. (All those conditions existed before the nerf as well)
    Really? I dunno I seem to be getting, not always, but mostly kills where it says <Name>100 when they die. Isn't that a indicator that you just one shotted someone or?

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially not a widow who typically spends most of her time scoped with tiny fractions of a second unscoped in between.
    That was the issue...
    Quick scoping encouraged people to stay out of scope until a target appeared, and let them stay on target while maintaining better situational awareness.
    Your ratio of scope:non-scope was flipped. People were spending fractions of a second scoped, not the other way around.

Really? I dunno I seem to be getting, not always, but mostly kills where it says <Name>100 when they die. Isn't that a indicator that you just one shotted someone or?
    no, it just means you contributed 100% of the damage - basically you soloed him

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you headshot them, or were getting a damage amp. (the 100 just means you did 100% of their life. It can come as multiple hits)
    There's not a single hero ingame now that can be bodyshot by Widow

15+ Year Old Account
    That means you did all of the damage required to kill them (solo kill), whether it was in 10 shots or 1.

Her maximum non-boosted, non-headshot damage is 120. No one has fewer than 150 health.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    That was the issue...
    Quick scoping encouraged people to stay out of scope until a target appeared, and let them stay on target while maintaining better situational awareness.
    Your ratio of scope:non-scope was flipped. People were spending fractions of a second scoped, not the other way around.
    thats... not really gonna change? if you are nonscoped, you still scope immediately, only the quick change between two scopes isnt so swift anymore