Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofunallowed View Post
    All these posts complaining about having to find a group to do certain content (in this case mythic+ stuff). It's like people think they're playing a singleplayer game.
    It's not about finding a group. It's about finding a group with REASONABLE requirements in a REASONABLE time. I have yet to find a Mythic group in WoD despite spending several hours at a time on several different occasions sitting in a city LFG and watching for forming groups while combing through the Premade Group Finder. People either set the requirements too high (as has been noted above) or they paw through your achievement list and automatically dismiss you if you haven't accomplished one thing or another.

The problem with "Mythic-only" requirements is that it only attracts a certain type of player and those players in general have NO patience for someone who does not have the experience--experience which they can't get because they can never get into a Mythic group--and they want to blow through those Mythics while being as overgeared as possible as a group so they can move on to the next thing.

All this does is punish people who are not hardcore players, particularly given that profession quests, class hall quests and even the flight Meta achievement all required these two dungeons in some form or another. I believe a few of them have since been removed, but if they want these two dungeons to only hold any meaning for the "elite" players, then they'd better make sure all they're getting is higher ilvl gear or reskinned mounts--as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinia View Post
    Same time. They buffed artifact acquisition rates as well. Items that were giving 20 Artifact Power are now awarding 250-300.
    There are still a lot of items still giving 10-20. I assume they haven't finished changing them, but nonetheless I went from only being about 500 AP till unlocking. Gold talent to needing another 6k to unlock a gold talent. I didn't run any dungeons last night as I was time crunched yesterday, but....

Storyline quest rewards still gave 100 AP. (I've now finished all zones so I can't test this further without starting another character. Not sure if I'll do that yet.)

Order hall mission reward went from 40 AP to 75 AP.

World quest went from 40-60 AP to 200-350 AP.

Treasure chest items remained at 5-10 AP. (I didn't come across any 20 AP ones last night.)

I think that's all the ones I ran into yesterday. So while they buffed some significantly others barely changed. I assume they aren't done, or it's possible the change makes it so my beta toon is now pretty gimped bc I already completed all quests except for the Suramar line which I was stuck on a broken quest. Need to go back tonight and see if that one is fixed. If I make it through all that and AP gain still seems low I may start another character for comparison purposes. It feels like this change will be fine from the start, but doing it yesterday felt like a nerf on my character. (Mind you I don't say that as a complaint as I don't really care about my beta toon that will disappear in a couple months. I just hope they figure out their formula before live or a change like that will really upset people.)

Also artifact research appears to be working for some but not others. Mine still didn't work last night but others claimed theirs was, so it would seem artifact knowledge is still a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's not about finding a group. It's about finding a group with REASONABLE requirements in a REASONABLE time. I have yet to find a Mythic group in WoD despite spending several hours at a time on several different occasions sitting in a city LFG and watching for forming groups while combing through the Premade Group Finder. People either set the requirements too high (as has been noted above) or they paw through your achievement list and automatically dismiss you if you haven't accomplished one thing or another.

The problem with "Mythic-only" requirements is that it only attracts a certain type of player and those players in general have NO patience for someone who does not have the experience--experience which they can't get because they can never get into a Mythic group--and they want to blow through those Mythics while being as overgeared as possible as a group so they can move on to the next thing.

All this does is punish people who are not hardcore players, particularly given that profession quests, class hall quests and even the flight Meta achievement all required these two dungeons in some form or another. I believe a few of them have since been removed, but if they want these two dungeons to only hold any meaning for the "elite" players, then they'd better make sure all they're getting is higher ilvl gear or reskinned mounts--as always.
    Yeah it really sucks you're not allowed to start your own group. Blizzard should change that and hand out more premade licenses...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Going to agree. I don't mind the reputation stuff and attunement-esque things to access them but making them mythic only and requiring pre-made groups is likely to piss a great many people off for no good reason. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    I honestly isn't that hard to make groups people seem to have simply forgotten how to.

Uhm, I can't create a character at PTR, getting: Name unavailable error, anybody's run into it?

- - - Updated - - -

Why would an overgeared player go Mythic when Mythic+ offers better experience and rewards?

10+ Year Old Account

Here's a tip, create your own group with people who didn't really do them or haven't done them already. Get the experience there and move up, yes you can't find groups that are head and shoulders above you in experience and gear but nothing stops you from creating your own group and most of the time you have plenty of geared folks around that will carry one or two people in the team.

Another part is mythic dungeons right now don't award that much they aren't that lucrative to for a larger group of people.

Anyway all i'm saying is stop making excuses why you can't and instead of waiting for something to be done for you, do something for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Yeah it really sucks you're not allowed to start your own group. Blizzard should change that and hand out more premade licenses...
    that addresses only the reasonable requirements, not the reasonable time frame - when the system (such as forming your own groups for mythic) allows for personal requirements by everyone who uses the system, then EVERYONE is going to have their own requirements, and regardless if you are forming your own group or not, unless YOUR requirements match the majority of EVERYONE else's, your wait time is going to be long - an auto grouping system removes this long wait time by ensuring universal requirements for everyone that uses the system

Okay this is Beta , but really Shadow Priests to get Nerf in the beta build which isn't set in stone, but come on the survivability is not good for Shadow. The mobility pretty much sucks and look at Warriors for a example, they have so much mobility and able to close gaps very easily, except against Fire mages for what I am told lol, but all other casters suck. Go into a battleground and what do I see, nothing but melee and on a rare occasion a caster. not sure if they are just focusing on melee at the moment and getting stuff worked out with them. I have played Beta for WOTLK and it was pretty awesome, but this one is not at all exciting, the servers are really lagging, choppy, and not very stable, yet again it is "Beta" but still who knows they could be testing the stability of the servers. Problem is just we don't know what is going on really.

On one hand, people bitch and whine that the game "isn't social anymore!" (lol) and how attunements offered depth to the RPG experience. On the other, people bitch and whine about these things being improved upon, with more content requiring premade groups and shit...

Blizzard can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    On one hand, people bitch and whine that the game "isn't social anymore!" (lol) and how attunements offered depth to the RPG experience. On the other, people bitch and whine about these things being improved upon, with more content requiring premade groups and shit...

Blizzard can't win.
    elite players are on one hand, and casual players are on the other hand - there will never be a handshake because both types play the game differently

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    elite players are on one hand, and casual players are on the other hand - there will never be a handshake because both types play the game differently
    Plenty of the people bitching about how the game "isn't social" and whining for attunements, don't accomplish anything in-game. They're not hardcore or casual, they're just whiners.

edit: spell checks, on tablet
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-06-15 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Spelling checks, on tablet

Might be a silly concern and I know PVP players don't get much. Especially not in Legion but is anyone else tired of the PVP Gladiator mounts and them being retired after each season? I mean at least make them obtainable in some manner after the expansion is over.

I don't PVP but I am a mount collector. This severely hurts my mount farming and has limited the total amount of them I can ever get. Kind of sucks to be honest. Again I understand the need to keep PVP players feeling rewarded but I still believe they can find a better way to do it then mounts that get retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    Might be a silly concern and I know PVP players don't get much. Especially not in Legion but is anyone else tired of the PVP Gladiator mounts and them being retired after each season? I mean at least make them obtainable in some manner after the expansion is over.

I don't PVP but I am a mount collector. This severely hurts my mount farming and has limited the total amount of them I can ever get. Kind of sucks to be honest. Again I understand the need to keep PVP players feeling rewarded but I still believe they can find a better way to do it then mounts that get retired.
    those mounts are for ppl who earned them in pvp, not for collectors who did not earn them in pvp...not sure why that should be changed after the season is over, then what would be the point of earning them in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    those mounts are for ppl who earned them in pvp, not for collectors who did not earn them in pvp...not sure why that should be changed after the season is over, then what would be the point of earning them in pvp?
    Not season over.... The entire expansion. Seems silly to retire mounts forever!!!!!!!!! Lets be real for a moment. WoW PVP isn't exactly the greatest PVP experience on the market. Some people just don't enjoy it. I haven't enjoyed WoW PVP since Arena was put in the game. Before that time I was in back to back BG's almost all the time. I even got myself a few titles in Vanilla.

I am simply asking for a way to get old no longer relevant to current content or current PVP standing mounts to be made obtainable in the following expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    Not season over.... The entire expansion. Seems silly to retire mounts forever!!!!!!!!! Lets be real for a moment. WoW PVP isn't exactly the greatest PVP experience on the market. Some people just don't enjoy it. I haven't enjoyed WoW PVP since Arena was put in the game. Before that time I was in back to back BG's almost all the time. I even got myself a few titles in Vanilla.

I am simply asking for a way to get old no longer relevant to current content or current PVP standing mounts to be made obtainable in the following expansion.
    those mounts are not retired forever, they are quite usable by those who earned them doing the content they were for

those drakes tho... pve heroes and casuals btfo

mythic only dungeons are good. bring back more social elements. wow is a snoozer game when played solo

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    The Artifact Power graph has 34 marked twice.

I gotta keep it real and critique the art department with honesty or this wouldn't be mmo-c

Those mounts look like flying ribbed dildos - colored for your preference

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    PTR Character Copy
    Copy Failed Copy Failed
    OHH right my character is pvp and I am trying to copy to a pve. Changed to PVP copy complete instantly.
    PTR"s can't copy from one type to another. Be sure to copy correctly. - Vetern PTR'r

After many failed attempts I was able to copy two characters just now