Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    It's also interesting to note the shooter was a democrat, yet that detail is so easily overlooked.

If he was a conservative, you bet they would identify that.
    Is this an American thing? Because over here the political alignment (unless extreme) means fuck all regarding mass murder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Therefore entertaining your arguments isn't something anyone who wants to protect the 2nd Amendment is going to do because we flat out KNOW there are absolutists in the Disarm camp who are looking at the nuances and who are looking at every single incident like this as a means to achieve their goal.
    This is complete nonsense. You're effectively arguing that there are only two positions; protect the 2nd Amendment exactly as it is and without considering any other restrictions on that right in any way whatsoever no matter what, or give up all weapons forever.

Neither of those are defensible positions. Saying you "have" to take the former because of your scaremongering about the latter is completely silly. You're literally arguing that you can't have a reasonable position because other people might be irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Sure, he registered as a democrat in '06, means nothing.
    Then again, why would he be a member of the political party that has done nothing but demonize his religion since 2001?
    lol.

If I just said (SAID, not registered, voted or supported in any way) I liked Bush 16 years ago, and did some shit, you know damn well everyone would call me a Conservative, Teaparty republican.

Don't give me that tripe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I say most would survive (as most did in this case) but saying all is kinda silly as shit. That is a pretty bold ass claim. Not even accounting for trampling injuries.

Also, some of the largest cases of mass deaths has been deaths at nightclubs from fires...Look it up.

And that still doesn't even remotely address why the go to stance for most gun grabbers is "ban assault rifles" which ignores the fact that rifles of any sort count for the least amount of deaths by a wide margin, and the last ban did not work and was repealed.

Looi, I am gonna do you a solid so pass the word to your liberal bro's. If you want any real traction on gun regulations you need to learn the facts and stop relying on emotion alone. Pay attention.
    There wouldn't be trampling deaths due to US building codes, especially in Florida due to their higher thresholds for occupancy safety and egress for hurricanes. That building is at minimum a 2 hour minimum fire rating on non-load bearing walls and over 4 hours for the load bearing walls. I would put money on it that no one would die from an arson event in that building.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I mean all else aside, this is pretty accurate.
    ISIS isn't Islam.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    Is this an American thing? Because over here the political alignment (unless extreme) means fuck all regarding mass murder
    The political alignment really doesn't matter, they're just trying to use this mass shooting as a way to slander Democrats, for some godforsaken reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    Well being muslim and being a member of ISIS aren't the same. As evidence comes out it becomes evident that his religion isn't necessarily the sole cause. I also don't agree with blaming Christianty if somebody shouts FOR JESUS before killing
    I can't even.

You have an entire organization (several actually) that has enough people to pretty much take over entire nations, claiming they do it for their religion. And you claim they are not affiliated?

Look, I get it. Not all Muslims are extremist at all. But some are. Saying they are not Muslim is false as shit. It's like if I claimed a shooter that claimed he did it for Christianity is not Christian. he still is. He is just a psycho extremist and not at all a representative of the whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    I am starting to like all these immigrants ;D they do a great job, after all. Even if they are completly useless... for anything else.
    I seriously hope you are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The political alignment really doesn't matter, they're just trying to use this mass shooting as a way to slander Democrats, for some godforsaken reason.
    .....The very first post in this very thread was targeting Conservatives and this was while people were still being killed. The entire media machine is gunning at Republicans and you say the above?

I can't even.

You have an entire organization (several actually) that has enough people to pretty much take over entire nations, claiming they do it for their religion. And you claim they are not affiliated?

Look, I get it. Not all Muslims are extremist at all. But some are. Saying they are not Muslim is false as shit. It's like if I claimed a shooter that claimed he did it for Christianity is not Christian. he still is. He is just a psycho extremist and not at all a representative of the whole.
    Where did I say people in ISIS aren't muslim?

I said being a muslim isn't the same as being in ISIS

10+ Year Old Account
    .....The very first post in this very thread was targeting Conservatives and this was while people were still being killed. The entire media machine is gunning at Republicans and you say the above?
    I went back to check, and there isn't a single post on the first page that remotely qualifies as such. There was some early upset when a faked image came out suggesting the attacker was a right-wing extremist, but that's hardly "targeting conservatives", unless you're claiming that all conservative-minded people in the USA are extremists.

Double standards are okay because the left considers conservatives and Christians to be the actual enemy, not Islamic terrorists.

Then perhaps Americans need to get their shit together because over here politics wasn't mentioned once, we're reporting an alleged IS supporter with mental problems killing innocents

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't even.

It's quite true most of the actions they do contradict the quran on many things. Not like the quran needed help to contradict itself further

10+ Year Old Account
    .....The very first post in this very thread was targeting Conservatives and this was while people were still being killed.
    Where do you see that?
    The OP makes no such mentioning. Plus the thread creator is Australian.
    Your domestic left vs right rhetoric does not work for that matter.
    You are getting flak from foreigners not because of partisan divide.
    You are getting flak because that's how people from around the world see you. That's on a larger scale the USA's reputation.
    Whether you/we like that or not, that's secondary.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't even.

They haven't even taken over one nation, let alone multiple. ISIS is the US equivalent of Christian doomsday evangelicals who want to purify the US population to a certain amount they have interpreted through revelations for the rapture.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

I'm concerned that a selective few religious Christians and people from other backgrounds are praising this. I'm not religious but I'm sure someone can correct me that the bible condemns that sort of thing. Just goes to show the LGBT community needs all the help it can get with all the hate increasing more than ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Double standards are okay because the left considers conservatives and Christians to be the actual enemy, not Islamic terrorists.
    Double standards are okay because the right considers Muslims and immigrants to be the actual enemy, not actual criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They haven't even taken over one nation, let alone multiple. ISIS is the US equivalent of Christian doomsday evangelicals who want to purify the US population to a certain amount they have interpreted through revelations for the rapture.
    I would say ISIS is the almost equivalent of the Lord's Resistance Army.
    Now, it's safe to say that most Christians don't know who the LRA is, because of lack of self educating. And those that do know them, oppose them.
    So it's easy to conclude that the overwhelming majorities of all religions always reject the minimal amount of extremists they spawn.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    I'm concerned that a selective few religious Christians and people from other backgrounds are praising this. I'm not religious but I'm sure someone can correct me that the bible condemns that sort of thing. Just goes to show the LGBT community needs all the help it can get with all the hate increasing more than ever.
    No it doesn't. Gays on itself are not condemned but rather sodomy. However it doesn't state wheather they should be punished at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Thankfully here in England we rallied together as one