Thread: Patch notes.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how long until Lucio gets nerfed. He's too strong imo, as far as healing/utility goes.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I can't think of any situation where I've played a flanker and tried to come at her or anyone I was trying to flank for that matter within the standard field of view. Especially not a widow who typically spends most of her time scoped with tiny fractions of a second unscoped in between.

I think both nerfs were things that were acceptable to change, but both at the same time was a bit much. But that is fairly typical of blizzard nerfs, seen it I'm not sure how many times in wow where you have a problem and instead of just addressing the single issue blizzard nerfs it 2-3 different ways and causes it to be under powered.
    Smart widows played with their back to a wall, and clear sight lines on early approaches to their position. While quickscoping they may not have been able to see where you're flanking from specifically, but the quickscope they did 1.5 seconds ago showed you in the hallway that connects to your flanking pattern, so they're prepared for you.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Then you headshot them, or were getting a damage amp. (the 100 just means you did 100% of their life. It can come as multiple hits)
    I always thought the number was the % for the "on fire" meter of the enemy.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I wonder how long until Lucio gets nerfed. He's too strong imo, as far as healing/utility goes.
    They really can't without reworking him. His Non-E healing is pretty lackluster, his ult is strong but fitting for the duration/required area the team needs to be, and his speed is nice for getting out of a door/back to a point, and avoiding ults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I agree with you man Lucio because he's a support and therefore less of an annoyance than the fan combo or widowmaker gets an easier ride. He really does need changes, you can't not have him on a capture map he's just too god damn broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Smart widows played with their back to a wall, and clear sight lines on early approaches to their position. While quickscoping they may not have been able to see where you're flanking from specifically, but the quickscope they did 1.5 seconds ago showed you in the hallway that connects to your flanking pattern, so they're prepared for you.
    The nice thing is people aren't forced to go into the convenient hallway that is in her LoS in this game because characters aren't glued to the floor in the same way they are in a typical shooter and generally if you're in a spot that has limited access to it then you're also limiting your field of vision significantly. Characters can fly / run over walls and shoot you from outside of your LoS. Having your back to a wall isn't preventing flankers from getting to you.

Really what the scope change does is force you to want to be scoped less, because you still have to be highly mobile in this game to deal with all the crazy high mobility heroes who will just jump on top of you and take you out if you camp from one spot for too long. Which frankly I'm perfectly fine with, it causes you to want more quality shots instead of quantity of shots... but then they went and nerfed the damage too unless you're popping off headshots which again is far more difficult to do in this game because of how highly mobile so many characters are.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

They can't nerf him without making him complete garbage, he'll always be picked.

Same for Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    They can't nerf him without making him complete garbage, he'll always be picked.

Same for Mercy.
    Remove his ability to use speed burst at the start. He's still viable and the best support for control maps but he's then not utterly broken. Done.

Now nerf Mei,seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Remove his ability to use speed burst at the start. He's still viable and the best support for control maps but he's then not utterly broken. Done.
    The point isn't open for capture right away; everyone has time to run there before it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, but one team with a Lucio speedboosting versus a team without a Lucio results in the former team being set up on the point before the other team even get there, and likely in an advantageous situation.

Not an insurmountable advantage, of course, but if your choices are to "Run Lucio" or "Not Run Lucio", the choice seems pretty easy.
    Sure, it's an advantage, but that's largely why Lucio has that speed boost. Removing it because it has value to his team really doesn't make sense, to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps.

The real issue is that there's just a shortage of really viable "healers".
    True that. I'm pretty hopeful that they'll have a healer that's more my style in a content patch soon. They really should get Symmetra out of the "Support" section and moved to "Defense", too; I swear the only reason she's in there is because of the lack of healer heroes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps.

The real issue is that there's just a shortage of really viable "healers".
    Well, the nerf to WM is a decent buff to Zen, he has a tiny hit box as it is. Talking of his Ultimate though, the other advantage it has is that you can't see shit through it to pick anyone off. I agree that there's room for another healer, or, at least someone else with a healing ability like 76.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    True that. I'm pretty hopeful that they'll have a healer that's more my style in a content patch soon. They really should get Symmetra out of the "Support" section and moved to "Defense", too; I swear the only reason she's in there is because of the lack of healer heroes.
    Getting to the point first is absolutely massive as bovine said, you can then set up a defense which makes it not control but attack vs defense. Lucio will still be amazing with his aoe heal on the capture point, his knock back and difficulty to kill he just won't be Quite so bad as he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltasar View Post
    Now nerf Mei,seriously.
    Mei needs buffs.

Mei needs buffs.
    I feel like her blizzard should cover the map, I mean...it's a blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I feel like her blizzard should cover the map, I mean...it's a blizzard.
    I wasn't sarcastic though.

Mei is bad, but she can't be buffed because she's too good against baddies who want to play their weeb hero or their cute English girl.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2016-06-16 at 12:07 AM.

Mei needs buffs.
    noooooo way
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    noooooo way
    Either that or a rework.

She's NOT good.

Mei needs buffs.
    No way in hell,she can oneshot people with 200 health at long ranged and got 2 lives with ice block.
    Get close youre also fucked.