Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I stopped caring about Kevin Smith when I stopped being a teenager. I would really not be interested in anything he has to offer in the video department of Marvel.
    i dont know. his flash episode was the best episode this season and hes a huge daredevil fanboy. his own personal properties might not always be great but when theres someone to reign him in and he has set limits to work within he seems to make really great stuff
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He seems like he is better suited to writing comics, which are by nature less mature and don't need to remain coherent for long lengths of time as dialogue is minimal and it doesn't move as fast. I don't dislike him as a person at all, he's a tad crude, but otherwise I like the way he thinks/talks about things. I just don't like most of his creative works anymore.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    He seems like he is better suited to writing comics, which are by nature less mature and don't need to remain coherent for long lengths of time as dialogue is minimal and it doesn't move as fast. I don't dislike him as a person at all, he's a tad crude, but otherwise I like the way he thinks/talks about things. I just don't like most of his creative works anymore.
    how someone cant like clerks or dogma is beyond me....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Clerks and Dogma are great, Cop Out, Red State and Tusk? Not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I do like those movies, though Dogma was pushing it. Kinda scraped by on the cast. Jay and Silent Bob was shit. Everything else after was shit.
    BAD WOLF

okay so, a little while ago a kid got cast as a character that will be based off miles morales friend from the comics.

and now... this happens

"Deadline has revealed that The Martian star Donald Glover has joined the cast of Marvel and Sony’s Spider-Man: Homecoming. The identity of his character is currently being kept under wraps."

http://heroichollywood.com/donald-gl...an-homecoming/

are we getting a miles AND peter?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    okay so, a little while ago a kid got cast as a character that will be based off miles morales friend from the comics.

and now... this happens

"Deadline has revealed that The Martian star Donald Glover has joined the cast of Marvel and Sony’s Spider-Man: Homecoming. The identity of his character is currently being kept under wraps."

Only because he is black you assume he is Miles?

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Only because he is black you assume he is Miles?
    um.. you do know that donald glover is who miles was initially based off of and where bendis got the idea from right? he also voiced miles in the cartoon and there was a huge fan campaign when the amazing spider-man was announced to cast donald as peter before miles was created.

and now... this happens

That would be a bit odd considering Donald Glover looks a few years older than the kid they have playing spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    That would be a bit odd considering Donald Glover looks a few years older than the kid they have playing spiderman.
    maybe theyre going for a spider-men type story. except instead of peter being the older one maybe miles is the older one.

i have a feeling, if he is playing miles he wont be spider-man yet in this movie or he wont be revealed to have powers until the very end.

or he might not be playing miles at all and marvel is fucking trolling the shit out of us because we all equate miles with donald glover

um.. you do know that donald glover is who miles was initially based off of and where bendis got the idea from right? he also voiced miles in the cartoon and there was a huge fan campaign when the amazing spider-man was announced to cast donald as peter before miles was created.
    Is Donald Glover half black, half hispanic too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Is Donald Glover half black, half hispanic too?
    i dont think he is. but donald is who miles was initially based off of and where the idea came from

"All it took was a scene last fall in the NBC TV series Community to convince comic-book writer Brian Michael Bendis that he was on the right track for a new Spider-Man.

Ready for his close-up: The new Spider-Man swings into action against a bad guy in Ultimate Comics Fallout #4.

A year ago, Community star Donald Glover embarked on a Twitter campaign to play an African-American version of Spider-Man in a new movie (a role that went to white actor Andrew Garfield for next summer's The Amazing Spider-Man). As an inside joke, he appeared on the season premiere in Spider-Man pajamas.

"He looked fantastic!" Bendis recalls. "I saw him in the costume and thought, 'I would like to read that book.' So I was glad I was writing that book."

The writer gives Glover "mucho credit" for the way Miles Morales looks in Ultimate Fallout issue 4, which is out Wednesday and marks the first appearance of a new Spider-Man. His adventures will continue in September's Ultimate Spider-Man No. 1, written by Bendis and illustrated by Sara Pichelli."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/life/...n-inside_n.htm

- - - Updated - - -

Not mcu but figured you guys would be interested in the new spooder-man game

"Jay Ong, Marvel’s vice president of games, stated that this new Spider-Man game is only the start for bringing more superheroes to video games.

“When I joined Marvel two years ago, I came in with a mandate to usher in a new era for Marvel Games. We have a treasure trove of the best superhero characters on earth. What can we do with this to create truly epic games?”

Ong indicated that this Spider-Man game would be worth waiting for.

“Is [Spider-Man] a signal of things to come? Oh, yes. Absolutely. And we can’t wait to tell the world about it.”

It should come as no surprise that Marvel only wants to work with the best game developers in the business. Marvel wants to work with companies that have the same passion for their beloved characters.

“One of the things we really focus on in terms of our new strategy is that we all believe that great games drive the brand and great games are what our fans really deserve. The question is, ‘How we can get there?’ The thing we landed on is to be really selective with who we partner with. Extremely selective. Right now I would say that out of every 10 opportunities we look at, we maybe do one.”

“What we look at first and foremost is the talent level of partner. Are they world class in building the games we’re talking about? They have to have world-class talent. They have to be able to invest the resources to make that talent sing. Equally important is, do they have passion for the IP they’re working on? Do they share the same ambition? Do they love the character? We look for passion, that comes through in the first 30 seconds.”

This is an ambitious project for Marvel but they are looking to build out franchises with these characters and they are no stranger to that after creating the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

“Building these franchises, and building these characters [at Marvel Games], this is that first big milestone from this team. This is a huge ambitious project.”"

http://heroichollywood.com/marvel-games-going-foward/

10+ Year Old Account
    It appears so from the E3 footage, but as long as the gameplay is more engaging than the last few spidey games then we are set. They could carbon copy Batman: AC and it would be the best Spidey game ever made. He's much more fun to traverse a sprawling city than Batman is and Batman was super fun.

The footage does look incredible and I have a soft spot for these games, even when they are bad. Getting all the collectibles and suits and just swinging around is awesome.
    BAD WOLF

It appears so from the E3 footage, but as long as the gameplay is more engaging than the last few spidey games then we are set. They could carbon copy Batman: AC and it would be the best Spidey game ever made. He's much more fun to traverse a sprawling city than Batman is and Batman was super fun.
    Never actually thought about it that, but thinking about it, it would make a great game. Make most/all of the game outside (Since being inside generall adds little to spiderman as opposed o batman who thrives on it) and add the ability to wall climb/stick and it's an awesome game.

Other then Ratchet and Clank, which I love, what else has Insomniac games done?

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Never actually thought about it that, but thinking about it, it would make a great game. Make most/all of the game outside (Since being inside generall adds little to spiderman as opposed o batman who thrives on it) and add the ability to wall climb/stick and it's an awesome game.

sunset overdrive, the spyro games and the resistance games

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post

I mean you could do a lot indoors, provided you make the combat correctly. We would need a bullet time equivalent with Spidey Sense that allows you to dodge bullets in slow mo by doing Matrix moves off of walls and stuff. Batman's free flow combat would work perfectly for Spidey, I can see combos where we runs up sides of walls in a hallway while disarming someone and shooting webs at another guy.

Basically they would have to double down on that free form system to capitalize on Spider-Man being indoors. Otherwise the outdoors content and movement would put everything to shame and be the most fun. Spidey is more agile and fluid than Batman, so while it's cool to do the power grapples up into the night sky and then soar on a Batman cape, you could do the same power sling with a web and then just flip/float through the air while coming down into another web.

It's the dynamic of falling and swinging, being catapulted back which gives the Spiderman games (even the old ones) a lot of momentum and you can 'feel' it with your brain. It's a rush. Batman just has direct shots and then floats. Still fun, but man Spidey has so much potential.

It's worth noting that Sunset Overdrive was probably the craziest movement/parkour like game out there, so I have a good feeling their in house physics system will be used heavily to deliver a Spiderman game for the ages.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn! Tony's gone a little crazy in Civil War II Issue 2.

And issue Three looks like it's going to go full on mental.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

and now... this happens

Can we get like a perma ban to people who keep shoving Miles in the MCU in our faces. It's not happening any time soon if ever and if it did it would be a major cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Can we get like a perma ban to people who keep shoving Miles in the MCU in our faces. It's not happening any time soon if ever and if it did it would be a major cop out.
    how would it be a cop out? spider-man is THE most popular comic book character of all time.

i fully believe we will have, not only miles, but at the very least 4 - 6 spider people

im expecting to see peter and a while down the road spider-gwen, miles, agent venom, and spider-woman. and maaaaaaybe spider 2099 but i dont think we would see him for a good while out when theyre more comfortable with alternate realities.

- - - Updated - - -

plus fiege himself has said he wants to use miles at some point.

do i personally believe donald glover is miles? no, i think this is marvel trolling us and donald will probably play one of peters teachers or mentors but with marvel anythings possible

sunset overdrive, the spyro games and the resistance games
    Well Sunset will be relevent to the gameplay. I expect the story/funness to be great. Since in a lot of ways Spiderman is similar in vein to the Ratchet series which should mean they get the characters right and the tone fun.

I mean you could do a lot indoors, provided you make the combat correctly. We would need a bullet time equivalent with Spidey Sense that allows you to dodge bullets in slow mo by doing Matrix moves off of walls and stuff. Batman's free flow combat would work perfectly for Spidey, I can see combos where we runs up sides of walls in a hallway while disarming someone and shooting webs at another guy.
    Im not saying the indoor ombat/gameplay couldnt work, but comparatively Batman games work so well with stuff inside because a lot of it is rooms where you swing around setting up traps and stealth taking people out. For spiderman, I cant see it being much for diverse then otuside combat with restricted ability to move freely about as much. Not saying they cant do it, just saying it wouldnt add nearly as much as Batman games IMO.