Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonvalor View Post
    I give it 5 years max, they're already losing user numbers
    Omg, another 5 years of "today this happened on twitter" in the news.. fuck my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Omg, another 5 years of "today this happened on twitter" in the news.. fuck my life.
    You do realize that the problem you have with it will keep happening under an other name right ? It might stop being Twitter and become "Someother Social thing that is the new thing all kids use".

I don't think your specific problem will ever end

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't get this "protected class" bollocks that the alt-right and anti-SJWs go on about. It's possible to condemn the Orlando attacker without blaming the billion-plus Muslims, and it's possible to dislike Milo's professional trolling without attributing it to his sexuality.
    I don't hate or blame all of the muslims in the world for what happened. I do however despise the ideology, as I despise every ideology that I find to be poisonous. Which is a fucking long list of reprehensible shit.
    Gaming & Tech related discussion with occasional poo flinging!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNS...PDOAsdXS7I029g
    https://twitter.com/Aztech_Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Zcion999 View Post
    You do realize that the problem you have with it will keep happening under an other name right ? It might stop being Twitter and become "Someother Social thing that is the new thing all kids use".

I don't think your specific problem will ever end
    You do realize I'm just taking the piss here, don't you? Though the the basic idea is pretty much how I feel, I'm well aware twitter will be replaced by something even more cancerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You do realize I'm just taking the piss here, don't you? Though the the basic idea is pretty much how I feel, I'm well aware twitter will be replaced by something even more cancerous.
    'Twatter'?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AztechZero View Post
    I don't hate or blame all of the muslims in the world for what happened. I do however despise the ideology, as I despise every ideology that I find to be poisonous. Which is a fucking long list of reprehensible shit.

It comes down to stuff like this from Salon and such. The fact is if this had been the "preferred shooter archetype," I.E. A White Hetero Male Christian Republican this would be a much easier story for the SocJus crowd. We would have a lot of articles about the evils of White culture. Investigations into the homophobia inherent in the Christian bible, investigations into his church, his family, and wide condemnation of America's culture.

BUTTTTTTT..... the shooter was someone from a group whom the SocJus oriented Left has declared unwavering solidarity with out of some strange form of Orientalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Of course they caved. When their fan base is pretty much 30-40 year olds that never grew up and 20 year olds that care way too much about things that don't realistically even matter, you get a recipe for loud mouthed idiots saying what they want because they don't know any better.

Though I will admit, as Fox is part media corp, they shot themselves in the foot there. They should know by now that shit like that fucking explodes over social media.

I guess the point is, Twitter isn't protected by free speech. It's not run or regulated by the government and is very much a privatized entity. They can ban, augment, modify or prioritize what they view as "preferred content" and ban accounts for things they don't agree with. Honestly, I'm sick and tired of seeing posts like "Oh twitter can't do that freedom of speech" or "company caving into X group for Y slightly offensive thing.", do you even realize that even if they drop that stupid poster or twitter banned those accounts they are still making millions (or billions) and are even making money right now by even mentioning their names? And if they didn't do those things, they would STILL be making millions (or billions) and are STILL making money by us talking?

What I mean is: Why do you think it matters when an entity or corporation does something purposefully to garner media and internet attention? Everyone here knows that the headline "Twitter bans gay account over criticizing Islam after Florida shooting" and "FOX entertainment on the defense after a controversial poster for their up and coming movie depicts one of the actresses being choked" are words you can market. Those fucking sell. Those sell page views. Those sell words that literally mean nothing. So in the end, do the fucking math.
    I never insinuated that Twitter wasn't allowed to ban whoever they wanted

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    There is a 90% chance the tweet on the left is mocking how many people respond to shootings by Muslims, non-white people, or whatever, and the tweet on the right is a serious response.
    You know this how?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't know for certain one way or the other and neither can you. I just know that's the exact type of stuff I would say and how I would mean it. It's nice to see you suddenly raise the bar as soon as the interpretation is no longer favorable to the agenda you're pushing though. You clearly didn't stop to ask how you could know both tweets were serious when you assumed that to be the case.
    Welp.... Here is the article, I've read it. How about you? The author says there is a double standard, I merely think everyone has a double standard.

EDIT: Put it this way, the people campaigning so hard about Rape Culture are probably very happy about Brock Turner, finally a high profile White Male to go after relentlessly. After the UVA, Mattress girl, Duke and other embarrassing problems, and their complete avoidance of what happened in Cologne because the attackers were *GASP* not White men, they finally have their preferred demon.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2016-06-15 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    You know this how?
    She/He is correct, the article linked on the left is indeed about why are we saying that whites are lone wolves in these events and not blaming the entire race/cultre when contrasted with crimes of the same nature done by brown or black people.

The article makes it pretty clear I am correct. The title is satirical more than a joke, but it's definitely just contrasting how reporting crimes is handled by the media and Americans, as opposed to actually blaming all white people.
    To be fair, on sections of the internet, and indeed in other areas, the "satirical" element is actually very serious and literal. Don't get me wrong, the title raises a good point and does point out an unfair double standard, but there are plenty of people who actually think this way, so it is understandable when people think it is being serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

There is a 90% chance the tweet on the left is mocking how many people respond to shootings by Muslims, non-white people, or whatever, and the tweet on the right is a serious response.
    no, both tweets are serious, salon is discriminating against white persons, deal with it.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    You might be surprised but there's actually a calculator: http://www.checkmyprivilege.com/
    Well... I got:

Your privilege level is Extremely Oppressed with a score of -475
    I'm not sure if that's good or bad... I put in human as well as dragonkin, however, that is mostly just for giggles... but still. >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Why the fuck is Twitter trying to be social police?

They should just be an impartial platform.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    So Twitter temporarily banned Milo Yiannopulous Twitter today but unfroze it after seemingly getting a lot of backlash from the gay community.

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/0...rlando-meetup/

Is Twitter a bunch of cowards or what?
    wouldn't be surprised if it was something similar where it auto froze the account after a mass report or something, and later manually unfroze

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Why the fuck is Twitter trying to be social police?

They should just be an impartial platform.
    The thrill of fighting something in the name of good, the righteousness they feel when they are angry about something, and the meaning the apply to themselves as they do it all. Aka they are bored as fuck and are questioning the choices they've made in life, they've essentially decided to use their business to fight this boredom of just providing a service and jumping in on hot topics and shit. I swear as we get more modernized, we go through more and more identity crisis's.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Your privilege level is SHITLORD with a score of 170

Did I win? Did I get the shitlord high score?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't get this "protected class" bollocks that the alt-right and anti-SJWs go on about. It's possible to condemn the Orlando attacker without blaming the billion-plus Muslims, and it's possible to dislike Milo's professional trolling without attributing it to his sexuality.
    If a gay person went to an islamic country, he'd be hanged in the streets. It's not radicalism, it's in their fucking book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If a gay person went to an islamic country, he'd be hanged in the streets. It's not radicalism, it's in their fucking book.
    It's also in the books the westerners should follow.. but we started kinda to ditch all that shit after the french revolution.

Too bad their "Arab Spring" was against secularism...

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when a gay person demands that a Muslim baker make a gay wedding cake?

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing